Abbotsford BMX track going BIG !

Nov. 9, 2009, 10:57 a.m.

The Abbotsford outdoor BMX track and CylingBC have joined together to make a SuperCross track.
To be ready for mid May 2010.
A new straight with a huge starting hill will be integrated into the first straight and the pro line will be upgraded to international supercross standards.
With all the great riders in the lower mainland ,this will be sweet.
This will be a welcome additon to the newly paved huge berms and continues to keep Abbotsford one of the leading track in Canada,imo.
Here's a facebook link to view it's progress.
www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=169113795215[HTML_REMOVED]ref=ts
With Abbotsford Indoor opening this wed. should make for more time to find out the exact details and maybe even help out.
wow.
g:rave:

FVMBA Website

Nov. 9, 2009, 11:17 a.m.

Very cool. Congrats

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Nov. 9, 2009, 2:41 p.m.

hey Gary where is that track.

Nov. 9, 2009, 4:54 p.m.

Exhibition Park, right beside the baseball diamonds.

Nov. 10, 2009, 6:28 a.m.

Canada needs this. Can't wait till Abby hosts their first UCI World Cup. Steve Baxter and Adam Muys deserve a ton of credit for making this happen.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Dec. 19, 2011, 9:01 a.m.

Well it's finally on the UCI website
Abbotsford BMX Sept 14/15th 2012
UCI BMX Supercross event
Build it and they will come.
The little club that could.
link
http://gsxevents.com/ucibmxsupercross.html
250 riders from 30 countries.
:grinno:
g

FVMBA Website

Dec. 20, 2011, 1:43 p.m.

Amazing. Props to everyone that helped in making this happen.

c.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 20, 2011, 7:31 p.m.

Not bad at all for a small organization. Hopefully the start of big things to come.

Dec. 20, 2011, 9:17 p.m.

Every cyclist of all descriptions should pencil this event into their calendar. To have this calibre of racing coming to Canada is truly off the hook. Congratulations to Abby BMX and Adam Muys to make this event happen!

Dec. 21, 2011, 6:31 a.m.

I've always wanted to watch one of these in person. I can't wait to see the show and be truly humbled as to how much I suck at bmxing and sprinting.

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

Dec. 21, 2011, 1:36 p.m.

Every cyclist of all descriptions should pencil this event into their calendar. To have this calibre of racing coming to Canada is truly off the hook. Congratulations to Abby BMX and Adam Muys to make this event happen!

This. All cyclists- at least all cycling racing fans- should check this out. We will see skill and speed on display like no other.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

June 24, 2012, 7:48 p.m.

Today I announced at Abby BMX and seen the newest rebuild as they ready for the Sept 14/15th race.
A new "again " paved berm to facilitate the newest Supercross track.
Tom Ritz (Supercross track builder ) flown in spent a week rebuilding the Abbotsford track.
New drainage with pro-sections and new everything.
The track is huge. New stand section for just awesome viewing.
The city of Abbotsford will now take care of the grounds,(like baseball and soccer) this is huge.
Talks continue for other amenities, like lights and toilets and upgrade after upgrade.
With Abbotsford BMX being the only Supercross track in Canada, expect other Supercross races here.
Believe it!
Sept 14/15 grab your kids and come out and watch their eyes.
Olympic aspirations, see the dreams , feel the passion.
gary

FVMBA Website