Vancouver Life Cycles Premiere - Thursday October 28th

Oct. 27, 2010, 7:47 p.m.

When will the bluray be out ?

I have a preorder on a bluray and I just received this email (applies to both DVD and Bluray)…

"As we head into this final stage of production on Life Cycles we are realizing it is no different then the struggles that came before it. We expected and planned to be shipping both DVD and BluRay on Oct 18th to the people that have pre-ordered copies of the film.

Since we began making Life Cycles our goal has been offer the absolute best quality film we are capable in delivering. We recently had quality issues with our duplication process and it has set us back a bit. How many days I am not sure of yet but I will post a date once I know when we can ship them.

We appreciate the support and hope this doesn't change your excitement to own a copy of our film and we are confident the changes we are doing will result in a MUCH more impressive picture. I assure you that as you are pre-ordered customers your orders will be shipped out first and as urgently as possible. You will be the first customers to have the DVD once it is available."

Soooo, the wait continues. But if this means the end product is top notch, I don't mind waiting. Better than the disaster that was the audio on Follow Me.

Oct. 27, 2010, 9:54 p.m.

How bad was the audio on the BluRay/DVD?

Oct. 27, 2010, 10:11 p.m.

Is it just me, or does the fire in the trailer vimeo preview above look like a pig? Either way, I'm stoked for this on Thursday.

It reminds me of the skull/flames guy they had in one of the kranked movies. I think maybe kranked 5.

Oct. 27, 2010, 11:47 p.m.

where can you buy tickest tomorrow? will dunbar have them earlier in the day?

Oct. 28, 2010, 8:06 a.m.

How bad was the audio on the BluRay/DVD?

The audio on Follow Me was so bad that when a mate played his DVD on my system, I decided not to buy the Bluray as I planned. It sounded like AM radio. No dynamic range or channel separation.

I have a stack of MTB DVD's already, so I'm not interested in buying anything these days that sounds or looks like it was made at home. Unfortunately the Follow Me audio falls below that category and kinda ruins an otherwise good movie for me. I'm certainly not the only one who's disappointed, as a few of my friends have said the same and decided not to buy it either.

Oct. 28, 2010, 3:32 p.m.

i have an extra ticket - a friend for whom i picked one up had to bail. he's willing to pay for it still but it sounds like there's a chance this thing will sell out. so if it works and would make someone's day easier, let me know and we'll try to figure something out

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 28, 2010, 4:27 p.m.

i have an extra ticket - a friend for whom i picked one up had to bail. he's willing to pay for it still but it sounds like there's a chance this thing will sell out. so if it works and would make someone's day easier, let me know and we'll try to figure something out

I was going to go, but don't have a ticket yet, still got it?

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Oct. 28, 2010, 4:31 p.m.

^

u can pick up ticket at the door

and there are a lot of tickets

Oct. 28, 2010, 5:15 p.m.

^

u can pick up ticket at the door

and there are a lot of tickets

Yeeep, Dunbar is all sold out of tickets, We should have them available at the door

See you guys there!

Oct. 29, 2010, 8:47 a.m.

It was good. All artsy-like.

Oct. 29, 2010, 11:22 a.m.

I was going to go, but don't have a ticket yet, still got it?

sorry connor, i got distracted/busy right after i posted that and never checked back… glad you made it out

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 29, 2010, 11:51 a.m.

The audio on Follow Me was so bad that when a mate played his DVD on my system, I decided not to buy the Bluray as I planned. It sounded like AM radio. No dynamic range or channel separation.

That's too bad. I d/l'd it and the sound was fantastic, quality average, not sure where it was ripped from. I did attend the premier and the video/sound was BUMPIN.

How'd Life Cycles look last night, anyone? I wouldn't have pegged the Freddy Wood theatre the best for that kind of vid showing.

Oct. 29, 2010, 2:13 p.m.

It was unbelievable. The theatre was perfect. It wasnt the type of movie that required a bar and beers and high fives after every trick kind of movie. (not that theres anything wrong with that).Ironically Thats it Thats All was the last movie i saw at Wood theatre, and i walked away from both movies with the same feeling.

So id been hearing about this forever, and with all the hype and expectation i thought it was probably going to be over-rated. Not at all.

Cinematography, music, editing: absolutely amazing. Voiceovers/"theme": probably not for everyone, but again, this isnt a banger part type of movie anyway, so yeah.

Riding: was very sick in places. Not too too many mindblowing shots ( definately a few) but more just really good flowy riding in spectacularily scenic areas, very well shot and with an awesome feel to it.

Slowmo: Normally im not that big of a fan, considering i usually associate this with MSP movies off huge kickers with ACDC in the background. In this case though, the super slow mo was just so spectacular i liked it.

Its definately something i will buy. Not the movie to pop in when you have 2 mins before a ride to get stoked, but the kind to put on the big screen and get immersed in. Yes its artsy, and im sure ill get sick of hearing about grandad eventually, haha.

Thats my review anyway.