Way to go Salt Spring Island

Aug. 31, 2015, 1:15 p.m.

I dunno there was a cop in one of those cars. If I saw that rear bumper coming towards me I would pulled the trigger no question.

You clearly do not understand what your suggesting.

Aug. 31, 2015, 1:27 p.m.

If all the civilian witnesses were packing firearms they could've stopped the madman before this event got really out of hand!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 31, 2015, 1:28 p.m.

He just cost the taxpayers alot of money, now we have to pay to repair those cop cars.

They auction those crown vics after 2-3 years for around $1000-$1500 bucks. It's a drop in the bucket. The suv's usually auction for $4000-$6000.

Aug. 31, 2015, 2:01 p.m.

People also like to say, "shoot him in the leg" and other bullshit. The firearm is discharged as lethal force and lethal force only. You only use it when you intend to kill that person.

Not at you. But been seeing this nonsense elsewhere.

sigh

The average patrol cop like in the video only shoot once a year maybe twice if they are lucky. So they get trained to shoot centre of mass.

So let's follow the suggestion of shoot to wound requiring the skill to put rounds in a area the size of a index card or small pack of cigarretes for a more modern example. That requires thousands of rounds and hours to get that skill. Now to keep that skill as it is frangible and requires constant practice. So now the officer has to shoot at least 2,000 rounds a day to maintain it which mean hours. Which now leads us to the new problem…cops spend so much time on the range they no longer can patrol. You know…do things like drinking and driving road checks or stopping by to deal with you mini excavator taking a late night journey.

Reality is North Americans love to bitch. If they had shot the guy during the video there would be endless whining about why did they have to shoot. Blah blah blah. Yet here they show remarkable restraint during this high stress situation where a officer was injured. And people bitch that they should have fired rounds.

Simplest solution to prevent this in the future? Ban motor vehicles on Salstpring Island.;)

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 31, 2015, 2:41 p.m.

Yes pretty much across the island. haha. There is no traffic lights to run on SSI so he could be hauling some ass before some hippy van full of kids gets plowed by this guy. If he is ramming cars he has no regard for life. that is a Kill shot in my book.. he could of backed up and tried to carmagedden the cops and bystanders.

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Aug. 31, 2015, 2:55 p.m.

Ah, the myth of shooting accuracy continues.

No seriously the shower knob once fell off and landed on my toe I could barely hobble, eh?

Look how long that truck was stationary cop coulda' reached through the window or even just opened the door to shoot.
Come to think of it why didn't that horseman just reach in and grab the keys?
What a chickenshit!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 31, 2015, 3:04 p.m.

Criticizing a cop for not discharging a firearm with a bunch of bystanders around is just plain f*cking dumb.

Aug. 31, 2015, 3:06 p.m.

Criticizing a cop for not discharging a firearm with a bunch of bystanders around is just plain f*cking dumb.

I'm surprised you're allowing yourself to get dragged into this.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 31, 2015, 3:25 p.m.

In this instance he is 100% correct though. So were the cops, the perp is alive, the cops are alive, and the bystanders are alive and uninjured. Too many people without use of force training, specifically Canadian law and our national use of force framework chirping about killing people here.

Aug. 31, 2015, 3:44 p.m.

You clearly do not understand what your suggesting.

I'm suggesting it's not okay for a mechanic to get hurt on the job, and equally so it is not okay for a cop to get hurt on the job. The vehicle was a weapon the moment it rammed the cop car the first time. If I was in a cop car and a weapon was being used against me I would think it would be okay to use my weapon back.

Aug. 31, 2015, 3:56 p.m.

Thank you for perfectly illustrating my former point. I'll make sure not to comment next time.

Aug. 31, 2015, 3:56 p.m.

I'm suggesting it's not okay for a mechanic to get hurt on the job, and equally so it is not okay for a cop to get hurt on the job. The vehicle was a weapon the moment it rammed the cop car the first time. If I was in a cop car and a weapon was being used against me I would think it would be okay to use my weapon back.

I hear you, but the job description is different between the two. One requires you to put yourself in harms way, the other requires you to refuse unsafe acts.

As far as tactics go, shooting a pistol through 2 vehicles when your situational awareness is limited is a ridiculous thing to do. You must be aware of your target and whats between and beyond it.

Aug. 31, 2015, 4:14 p.m.

We should be thankful that we live in a country where AR-15s and tactical force teams weren't deployed over this incident.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 31, 2015, 4:19 p.m.

We should be thankful that we live in a country where AR-15s and tactical force teams weren't deployed over this incident.

I think everyone here can agree on that.

I've been on the target end of an ERT raid, it's beyond fucked.

Aug. 31, 2015, 4:24 p.m.

Thank you for perfectly illustrating my former point. I'll make sure not to comment next time.

:(

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer