Trial Riding Thread - All Things Trials

May 29, 2012, 12:17 p.m.

Ahem.

I am not educating riders here. I am a forum member that can be honest just like the rest of you.

Maybe the fact that I have been moto riding my whole life says that I understand throttle twisters?

I think there is plenty to go around and truly cannot understand why we need to be crossing over in a place like Squamish.

I can go ride a moto or trials for days w/o touching an MTB trail. Maybe light access.

Also maybe at night when there arent pedals people all over.

My point is that no matter what it is goin to be a contentious issue in Squamish.

I don't even own a trials yet I am supposed to be educating my DH racers?

What are the trials riders doing to educate the xc crowd in Squamish?

When will Beta sponsor a SORCA trail day?

Flame on. I am kinda playing DA here on purpose. When I get a trials I will ride with the rest of you and politely explain how it all works to the people scrunching their faces at me as I blow 2-stroke smoke in their faces as I rip by them lolz

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

May 29, 2012, 12:20 p.m.

Okay Dave I'll bite.

First off let's not get into the "who is setting a better example" argument.

When I am an on xc trail and a guy rips by on a MC of any kind and does damage I see an issue. Next time I will take a pic of all the mini roosts.

We were on Wonderland on a Sunday afternoon. If you have a motor than go way "Out There". Problem with most motorized folks is they often lack the awareness and tact that the average MTBer has.

All groups have bad seeds.

Mult-Use trail thing in Squam would pack more weight if any actual trials risers showed up on a SORCA trail day. Not a trials/MTB combo person. A trials only person.

This issue will continue to be contentious as more people buy trials bikes. Blaming the jetting? 2-strokes blow blue wether they are jetted right or not. C'mon Dave I've been motoing longer than you can obviously realize.

Giving Ted a hard time generally requires a brave human.

So lets me get this right…because a dirt bike or trials bike has a moto than it should go further out? By that statement then everything within a 10-15km radius from any road should belong to hikers, mountain bikers would then own the 15km to say 30km and moto would own 30km and further? You have just shut every trail in squamish to mountain bikers, good job, that is how silly your statement is.

I would say the average moto rider is the same as the average mountain biker, they ride, they want flowy single track and they have to look to find it…and most don't care where it is, more that they have it, Somewhere Over There is a perfect example of this, it was supposed to be shut, mtb'rs still rode and ride it, they don't care that it was build illegally by Gary, he was even told by SORCA to stop, he did not, he just kept telling riders to ride it…

The difference of trail building that you don't see that is different than trials over moto and mtb is that almost every guy who trials rides does trail work, they do it quietly and on their own without a big day about it. Spencer created Tamiami or Spencers Gay Ride in Crumpit and it is used by a lot of mountain bikers. The difference also is trials Riders are inclusive, not exclusive like your ideals are. Plus why would a trials rider go to a SOCRA Day, You don't go to the Trials Trail Building Days. The reason?

Also many riders do both and you might not even know about it….you don't have to go to a SORCA trail day or NSMBA trail day to show your support, I have never gone to one but have logged a lot of time and hours in mtb, trials and moto, I have also donate money, time and videos so there are many ways.

Weak arguments and statements Corey….every user who uses a trail takes something out of it, they wear the trail, but they see nature and experience highs and lows and love it! That is what every person deserves and has the ability on multi-use trails, if you don't like to share then al you have to do is buy some land build a trail and let only who you choose to on it. Like I always say, the difference of people who live in third world countries over a 1st world country is they have very little and will share it with everyone, here we have everything and want it all for ourselves. 20 Years of travelling the world and racing taught me that lesson and I am surprised still to this day how many people don't get it..

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

May 29, 2012, 12:30 p.m.

Ahem.

I am not educating riders here. I am a forum member that can be honest just like the rest of you.

Maybe the fact that I have been moto riding my whole life says that I understand throttle twisters?

I think there is plenty to go around and truly cannot understand why we need to be crossing over in a place like Squamish.

I can go ride a moto or trials for days w/o touching an MTB trail. Maybe light access.

Also maybe at night when there arent pedals people all over.

My point is that no matter what it is goin to be a contentious issue in Squamish.

I don't even own a trials yet I am supposed to be educating my DH racers?

What are the trials riders doing to educate the xc crowd in Squamish?

When will Beta sponsor a SORCA trail day?

I would say you may understand throttle twisters but those riders are changing, so are how clubs and areas are run….just like mountain bikers have changed and areas and clubs are run. Don't be a young guy with old agenda's…does not suit you. Times Change!

You will see Trials in Crumpit Mostly and they are allowed to be there from the private owner, so get over it, they are NOT mountain bike trails, this is where you are mistaken and giving out info to xc riders like that causes problems not helps the situation. Education is key!

Yes education is what I have been doing my whole like when other users are jealous of other users, runners, think they are the purest, mountain bikers think they are, moto users think they are, horseback riders think they own the trails etc. The idea behind educating others and especially kids is to say, hey they are out enjoying something they like, it may not be your cup of tea but they find that sport the same as the sport you like so much, pretty easy really.

You will soon see signs in Crumpit like the one at the bottom, they are to enlighten people of how it has been since 30 plus years ago when people only trials rode in Crumpit since no one else is going to step up. Cliff promised to post this sign ont he sorca site as well…

Maybe we can do a C4-NoronaLife Trail Day?

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

May 29, 2012, 12:34 p.m.

The VOD 'over there' today has some good MTB skidding action going on. Or 'roosting' as teh cool kids say.

treezz
wow you are a ass

May 29, 2012, 12:58 p.m.

how about some trials stuf? would love to see more pics and videos.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

May 29, 2012, 1:08 p.m.

I'm pretty keen on a trials mike. Selling my 2wd quad. Don't know how to ride one, or anything about thing.

Edumacation anyone?

May 29, 2012, 1:10 p.m.

How does one try trials? I have only a MTB background (no motorcycles of any kind) but have to admit that I'm pretty intrigued at the great terrain you can access. Do you need to be decent on a street bike before even considering it or is a trials bike a pretty good way to start learning?

May 29, 2012, 1:17 p.m.

Two fanatic's arguing over who's view is better then the others… is it winter already?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 29, 2012, 1:19 p.m.

the wife and I hopped on a dirt bike and picked it up in a few days. a trials bike will tire you out more, as you don't have the option to sit down comfortably, but it'll make you a stronger rider.

May 29, 2012, 1:25 p.m.

the wife and I hopped on a dirt bike and picked it up in a few days. a trials bike will tire you out more, as you don't have the option to sit down comfortably, but it'll make you a stronger rider.

Trials is 50% DH Mtb 50% Moto in my opinion.

takes a while to get the whole throttle control thing down but you will pick it up fast. I wouldnt worry about having no moto experience,youll just have a longer learning curve

May 29, 2012, 1:37 p.m.

I wasn't trying to offend. I am happy for all the trails and want everyone to play nice.

I live in a town full of xc folk and I listen to all sides.

I was just having a discussion and learned a few things and that is always te benefit of banter with all of you.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

May 29, 2012, 1:37 p.m.

I'm pretty keen on a trials mike. Selling my 2wd quad. Don't know how to ride one, or anything about thing.

Edumacation anyone?

www.trialscanada.com for some used bikes or check craig's list, if you have any questions just pm myself, apt , the janitor, rat, we can give you some insight and pass on any bikes that may interest you within your price range…

I personally would get a bike 3500.00 to 5000.00 this will get you a newer bike that will last a long time with out doing much to it, any cheaper and you will be doing maintenance costs on an already older bike. Pretty simple to get into if your interested…and dam is it FUN!

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

May 29, 2012, 1:40 p.m.

I wasn't trying to offend. I am happy for all the trails and want everyone to play nice.

I live in a town full of xc folk and I listen to all sides.

I was just having a discussion and learned a few things and that is always te benefit of banter with all of you.

You did not offend anyone…banter is always good. :thepimp:

Endurasmell calling us fanatics, now thats hilarious!

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

May 29, 2012, 4:28 p.m.

I think being called a bike fanatic is def a compliment.

I am addicted after almost 40 years of life. Nothing else feels right to me.

Maybe strumming my guitar?

I guess that's why a long moto shred w my headphones is heaven on earth.

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

May 29, 2012, 6:57 p.m.

Just so you know Corey here is a list of the trails built and maintained by trials riders in Crumpit and Britannia, not including Garibaldi Highlands, Whistler, Conroy Creek, pretty extensive especially when all the money to build these trails has come out of the builders pockets.
Crumpit Trials trails:
Park Avenue
Dope Slope
Boulder Dash
Doggie Style
Pipe Trail
South Slope
White Bronco
Birthday Girl
Labour of Love
Cougar Ridge
Motormaze
Strap-On
Hand Job
Tamiami (Spencer[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s Gay Ride)
For Angie
Face of Dick
Original Far Side
5 Point North
5 Point South
The Raa
Neuman[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s Arm
Ted[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s Hill
Glenn[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s Edge
Glosettes
Barber Chair
Lacking Head