Tim Jones to receive Order of BC

Sept. 7, 2011, 9:51 p.m.

Never met the man or had to be rescued by North Shore Search and Rescue, but knowing that he and the other volunteers are there in case I do…

A well-deserved recognition of the work they do.

http://www.nsnews.com/news/Order+honours+three+North+Shore+residents/5360585/story.html

Sept. 7, 2011, 9:58 p.m.

Too bad Gordo is also receiving one.

Sept. 7, 2011, 9:59 p.m.

But he gave us the HST!

Sept. 7, 2011, 11:52 p.m.

Jeremy is a big fan of Tim Jones.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 8, 2011, 6:20 a.m.

Its the least this province could do for him….the amount of hours that he has put into NSSR is staggering.

Pastor of Muppets

Sept. 8, 2011, 6:35 a.m.

tim deserves that .

gordon campbell does not .

Sept. 8, 2011, 6:40 a.m.

There isn't a more deserving guy around!

Sept. 8, 2011, 8:47 a.m.

Really? A selfless individual gets honoured for his service, and all you can do is douche up the thread with your political views?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 8, 2011, 9:02 a.m.

tim deserves that .

gordon campbell does not .

Well said.
The SAR members are the true heroes.

Sept. 8, 2011, 9:31 a.m.

Really? A selfless individual gets honoured for his service, and all you can do is douche up the thread with your political views?

Kn.

I think they are just mentioning that the honour itself has been douched up.

Sept. 8, 2011, 10:57 a.m.

Awesome, Tim does deserve it. He has put in COUNTLESS volunteer hours with NSR.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 8, 2011, 11:31 a.m.

I think they are just mentioning that the honour itself has been douched up.

It's their opinion. But the fact remains, it is an opinion based on personal political bias.

And it has, or at least should have, no bearing on the honour bestowed upon Tim Jones.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 8, 2011, 11:42 a.m.

It's their opinion. But the fact remains, it is an opinion based on personal political bias.

And it has, or at least should have, no bearing on the honour bestowed upon Tim Jones.

Kn.

Take it to PM Ken, you're douching up the thread.

Sept. 8, 2011, 12:48 p.m.

Awesome, Tim does deserve it. He has put in COUNTLESS volunteer hours with NSR.

And his response shows what he's all about.

_“I really appreciate it. It’s a great honour,” Jones said. “But you have to take a step back and realize there’s dozens of guys out there in search and rescue that do what I do in terms of time commitment. This is really a shot in the arm for search and rescue in B.C. It puts us more on the map and rightly so. We do make a huge difference, asking little in return. We’re all volunteers and this is an honour I share with the other volunteers in this province.”

Jones noted that a Nelson SAR volunteer lost her life during a river rescue this year.

“The teams are not an inexhaustible resource,” he said. “They’ve got jobs, they’ve got families, they go on holidays, they get sick, they get hurt. There’s training, there’s fundraising, there’s so many hours that go into just getting a team in the field. And there’s the odd time someone loses their life. So this really honours all of those 2,500 volunteers, and those who gave their lives.”

Jones also saluted the other first responders his team often works alongside, particularly volunteer firefighters and his employer, B.C. Ambulance Service._

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 8, 2011, 1:17 p.m.

when i was grovelling up mosquito creek i saw tim out there putting in some " free " time looking for that lost dog last year . as well as doing time on the ground , he helped the owners co-ordinate their volunteers to make the most of their time .