The Fox

Dec. 12, 2013, 8:45 a.m.

I signed on to Sirius two years ago. I can't stand any stations that aren't commercial-free any more.

Why do advertisers think that every one of their listeners is a complete idiot? Why is "incredibly stupid and annoying" the current standard of advertising production values?

Kn.

^^^this^^^. ive been on sat. radio for over 10 years..

i can never go back..

Dec. 12, 2013, 9:51 a.m.

On the island, I have 101.7 CHLY as my go to.

viperfunk.com

Dec. 12, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

One of my favourite things about going to Seattle is being able to listen to KEXP. I lasted about 2 weeks with the Peak after it launched.

Dec. 12, 2013, 1:52 p.m.

Do you guys get CFNR in Smithers, with Wild William Wesley?

dunno, is that a 1st nations station out of terr-ass? I used to pick that station up driving between quesnel [HTML_REMOVED] willimas lake of all places

Used to be CKLG am was pop music, they started CKLG fm which was cool music … what is now classic rock, and cklg fm became cfox

JB Shane was the coolest DG he would thro on the extended version of in-a-ga-da-di-vida which gave him enough time to run out for a newspaper from which he did the 9pm news cast and blast a quick refer … the news casts were epic 1/2hr stoner monolog's

anybody else find that sat radio is poor quality sound ?

Dec. 12, 2013, 6:37 p.m.

The fox sucks. But I find it sucks less than the other local offerings.

Dec. 12, 2013, 6:48 p.m.

88.7 is a hell of a station in my truck

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

Dec. 12, 2013, 6:48 p.m.

so the Fox radio station in Vancouver (99.3 fm) used to be what I listening to way back in middle school. Then I got tired of listening to shitty music and have always associated the Fox with playing lame generic nickelback-esque tunes.

For radio, when I do listen to it, It's the peak, they play what I like.

But I was invited to a Fox event last week which was awesome and have been listening to them a bit lately and they're a totally different radio station now. The music they play is, for the most part, legit!

so Bravo to the Fox for starting to play consistently good music now and for supporting local artists such as the Pack A.D and others through seeds.

Give the Fox a second chance everyone!

THE FOX has been supporting local artists since day one pretty much . have not listened too PEAK yet , i can tell you i miss the old days of 104.9 XFM that was a killer station but since their demise yrs back it,s the FOX or a cd .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 12, 2013, 6:52 p.m.

Sonic 102.9 Edmonton is what the Fox used to be. DJ's in the morning are an up to date version of Larry [HTML_REMOVED] Willie from back then….

Dec. 12, 2013, 7:09 p.m.

The Fox is better than it used to be for sure, but they still play a lot of utter garbage. And all that terrible 90's music. It makes me realize that the 'typical' Fox listener is around 30 years old but his/her (no, just his) life hasn't gone anywhere since high school, because that was the last time not having a brain was no big deal.

The Peak plays mostly good music but then they stick a bunch of shit like Chili Peppers in too. What the fuck? Plus some angst-y new stuff too. And as KenN mentioned, the commercials are offensively awful. The average radio commercial will encourage me to boycott the advertised.

Oh, one more thing - anyone ever listen to JackFM? Ho-ly shit is that bad music! Every single song is the worst song. Another league of bad.

Dec. 12, 2013, 8:31 p.m.

The Peak sucks, but so does the Fox. If I must listen to radio (phone out of battery and no old cd's in car) I'll put on the Zone. For work though, just have to have grooveshark open.

Dec. 12, 2013, 8:48 p.m.

thought the thread might be about the strippers in victoria

Dec. 12, 2013, 8:50 p.m.

I signed on to Sirius two years ago.
Kn.

another enginerd who makes too much money eh? Sirius or AM730. That's it.

Dec. 12, 2013, 8:57 p.m.

I basically switch between 88.1 and 105.7 and silence, with the occasional dabble in 101.1 or 102.7.

When I first discovered the Peak it seemed like they were playing a lot more Arcade Fire and other older hipster-gone-mainstream stuff, but now I feel like all I hear is commercials and Lumineers and Sons.

Just had the thought today that I need to pop a copy of Tribe Called Quest's Beats, Rhymes, and Life into the CD player for those moments when I want reliable music and no commercials.

flickr

Dec. 12, 2013, 9:34 p.m.

the beat 94.5

Dec. 12, 2013, 9:45 p.m.

Blah, blah, blah the same songs every day over [HTML_REMOVED] over again. So predictable. Not to mention the inane childish banter "How was your weekend. You know what I did on mine"? Really, bonehead DJ, like I care what you did on your weekend. I don't even know you. If you have to talk, how about you talk about the music [HTML_REMOVED] artists instead. Oh, I know why…you don't know anything about that, do you? I've been listening to CBC Radio 2 for a few years now. Never any commercials until very recently [HTML_REMOVED] only then due to budget cuts; they found they have to run ads or go tits up. The hosts actually know about the songs [HTML_REMOVED] artists they play [HTML_REMOVED] they all have a musical background of some type. I also figure WTF, I'm paying for the CBC anyways.

Thread killer