Sup NBR

April 5, 2023, 7:24 p.m.

I don't think I've posted something here for a good 18 years but here we are. I rediscovered riding again after moving to North Van later in life, which eventually led me back to nsmb to look at some gear reviews, trail reports... But the forum seemed dead until I remembered to check NBR. Now I see all the names I remember from two decades ago... although I could have done without the roscoefat thread :(.

I see the nsmb truck probably 4 days a week these days and I've probably run into a bunch of you on the trails now that I'm back on them.

Who remembers .glib? And where's the shed thread? And where's my old account.

April 5, 2023, 10:38 p.m.

sup!

when the forums changed everyone had to reset their passwords. your account should still be here, but a few people lost their accounts b/c they no longer had access the the email account they registered with.

here's your old account

https://nsmb.com/forum/forum/nbr-not-biking-related-9/topic/whats-up-nbr-1681/

Last edited by: syncro on April 5, 2023, 10:40 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 6, 2023, 5:35 a.m.

I think I remember .glib

Didnt my roommate sell weed to you a couple times?

April 6, 2023, 6:55 a.m.

If you lost access to your old account, I can help you get it back, just shoot me a message.

April 6, 2023, 8:22 a.m.

I remember a .glib not this imposter.

April 6, 2023, 9:52 a.m.

ask .glib something he should know like what kind of dope was it or who was my roomy ?

I texted a friend and they thot i was an imposter so I said something  from 50 years ago that only I would know

Some thing's goin on cuz they still think I'm an imposter

April 6, 2023, 11:01 a.m.

I remember you lost your pipe “Gandalf” at my house.

April 6, 2023, 8:07 p.m.

Hey single speed guy on Grandview, yeah I remember!

And putty I remember treking out to somewhere out in North Van, realizing I had to drive home and trying to sleep it off on your living room floor while you played what I think was the Butthole Surfers?

Why are all these memories weed related. How much of a stoner teenager was I, damn.

April 7, 2023, 9:24 a.m.

Posted by: glib

And putty I remember treking out to somewhere out in North Van, realizing I had to drive home and trying to sleep it off on your living room floor while you played what I think was the Butthole Surfers?

Why are all these memories weed related. How much of a stoner teenager was I, damn.

Good times. Good times.

April 7, 2023, 9:32 a.m.

Posted by: glib

do you remember the moment ?

https://www.redbull.com/ca-en/films/the-moment

i as talking to an AUZ biker at the bar and he brings up this on his phone which I had never seen

April 8, 2023, 11:16 a.m.

... and I'm back in my old skin, thanks Niels!

And I definitely found and watched that The Moment vid a few months back - I was on a nostalgia hunt after getting back into bikes. Then I had to dig up this clip again since... I have no idea where my old VHS tapes are or how I'd even play them.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/59022/

So who's in the NSMB toyota tacoma on weekdays? I must be seeing them when I'm walking/riding with the dog but I'm not sure which face to be looking for.

April 13, 2023, 6:27 p.m.

I have weed 4 you.

April 16, 2023, 3:31 p.m.

Posted by: .glib

... and I'm back in my old skin, thanks Niels!

And I definitely found and watched that The Moment vid a few months back - I was on a nostalgia hunt after getting back into bikes. Then I had to dig up this clip again since... I have no idea where my old VHS tapes are or how I'd even play them.

So who's in the NSMB toyota tacoma on weekdays? I must be seeing them when I'm walking/riding with the dog but I'm not sure which face to be looking for.

Welcome back, its been a moment.

April 17, 2023, 8:37 a.m.

Posted by: .glib

thanks for that!

April 29, 2023, 7:10 p.m.

Of the people who still remember me, who still rides? I'm out Monday to Friday in the mornings before work, Tues/Thurs are dogwalk rides (purely Braemar climb trail to expresso laps, no variety), and Mon/weds/fri are Seymour laps mostly.

Weekends are largely a no go but early mornings are possible as long as its super early.

Who wants awkward reunion rides?