question for parents

March 27, 2015, 2:50 p.m.

Steering this back on topic …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysNrgPiP8KI

March 27, 2015, 8:35 p.m.

Are you telling me it hasn't? 9/11 of the board of directors were appointed by Harper…or maybe that was the point of what you're saying.

What should we do with the data Above? Chomsky showed us all media was poisoned decades ago.

Or nearest hope is for the millenials to eschew the news product that's fed us today and for us to do the opposite of the US and focus on critical thinking skills instead of intelligent design.

That's a pipe dream though. We'll have secret police here too.

March 28, 2015, 9:34 a.m.

What should we do with the data Above? Chomsky showed us all media was poisoned decades ago.

Or nearest hope is for the millenials to eschew the news product that's fed us today and for us to do the opposite of the US and focus on critical thinking skills instead of intelligent design.

That's a pipe dream though. We'll have secret police here too.

I think phenomena like a "news story" on CBC I saw yesterday about One Direction touring without Zayn Malik is just as disturbing. We don't need Secret Police and news censors when it is the public that chooses to be uneducated.

March 28, 2015, 1:01 p.m.

So you've grown up poisoned. How do you know what's real?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 28, 2015, 2:47 p.m.

So you've grown up poisoned. How do you know what's real?

We live in a shade of gray. The rational way to navigate life is to embrace probabilities.

March 28, 2015, 3:01 p.m.

If so, you're probably wrong.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 28, 2015, 3:11 p.m.

If so, you're probably wrong.

My cat's breath smells like catfood.

March 28, 2015, 4:35 p.m.

lol. Definitely my favorite character.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

March 28, 2015, 7:31 p.m.

We live in a shade of gray.

The but the human eye can only discern 30 shades of grey.

March 28, 2015, 8:12 p.m.

The but the human eye can only discern 30 shades of grey.

Imagine a world where a person can hold 30 viewpoints of a subject in their head at once.

April 3, 2015, 12:59 p.m.

I think phenomena like a "news story" on CBC I saw yesterday about One Direction touring without Zayn Malik is just as disturbing. We don't need Secret Police and news censors when it is the public that chooses to be uneducated.

We will be amused to death, sort of like in Fahrenheit 451, reality is just more sinister. I scanned an interview with the author of "The Circle" and he said that he does not own an android or Iphone, just because as a writer he needs clarity and silence in his mind.

I still do not have one of those phones - but I see how people change their awareness and communication in general. More trash, and less contents.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 3, 2015, 8:57 p.m.

We will be amused to death, sort of like in Fahrenheit 451, reality is just more sinister. I scanned an interview with the author of "The Circle" and he said that he does not own an android or Iphone, just because as a writer he needs clarity and silence in his mind.

As a carpenter I've never used a ball-peen hammer because I need clarity of the mind.

Yeah, that statement is fucking stupid too.

Wisdom is what you do with knowledge.

April 5, 2015, 7:32 a.m.

As a carpenter I've never used a ball-peen hammer because I need clarity of the mind.

Yeah, that statement is fucking stupid too.

Wisdom is what you do with knowledge.

And if, because of your knowledge, you had the wisdom to stay away from the constant hum of communication and the internet?

Patterns of communication have changed, for good or bad might be open for debate.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 5, 2015, 9:22 a.m.

And if, because of your knowledge, you had the wisdom to stay away from the constant hum of communication and the internet?

Patterns of communication have changed, for good or bad might be open for debate.

Doesn't mean I can't have clarity and still own an iPhone or android lol…"oh I'm a writer I can't have an iPhone because I need clarity", more like "I'm a hipster and I'm too cool for it, I need to assert my independence and uniqueness/willingness to go against the grain"…
Seriously. I'm a musician, having a phones " constant hum of internet " doesn't stop me from writing or playing music…its called putting it on silent…
Actually as a writer, especially a journalistic one, I'd have to wonder why having a phone is bad, when you know … They are so useful.
To each his own, but that justification is stupid.

April 5, 2015, 9:49 p.m.

^^^^