question for parents

March 22, 2015, 6:30 p.m.

I'm more scared of Harper than I am of ISIS.

YUP!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

March 22, 2015, 8:33 p.m.

I'm more worried they'll come home with a Surrey girl one day.

March 23, 2015, 5:08 a.m.

who said i had kids?

You posed a question about parenthood, one would assume…unless you're just trying to bring greif and negative thoughts into the heads of people who do have kids for your entertainment…in which case, good job.

March 23, 2015, 8:01 a.m.

Why do we insist on feeding the trolls? Seriously, what kind of stupid question is this??

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

March 23, 2015, 8:51 a.m.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 23, 2015, 10:39 a.m.

More relevant - ISIS adopted a TAP Trail on the 'Shore, would you go to the trail day, let alone ride it? Even if it had the ganrliest of gnarly lines that was named "Dome of the Rock"?

March 23, 2015, 1:11 p.m.

Not too concerned: http://www.squamishchief.com/news/local-news/squamish-canada-s-most-non-religious-town-1.1047393

I am liking my decision to move to Squamish more and more all the time.

And to the OP, not too worried, no.

March 23, 2015, 2:43 p.m.

Why do we insist on feeding the trolls? Seriously, what kind of stupid question is this??

the kind of stupid question that is stupid enough to be posed by the nation's public broadcaster, which assembled a team of experts to address. maybe you don't pay attention to the national news. stupid enough to be a legitimate question to discuss among adults. indeed, why am i feeding the troll….

March 23, 2015, 7:21 p.m.

1. Your beast legs are ungodly
2. My quip about drinking was just that, a quip - I just don't see drinking as something to brag about, much like I don't brag about smoking fatties and smashing single track.
3. Riding with a hangover is painful, do you not feel pain?
4. Can you teach me to not feel pain?
5. I just can't stand people who flip out over something like keeping a ride log - especially when I mentioned using a watch and keeping things private (ie. Off strava)
6. I land on the 31st.
…and what's civil about calling someone a cumguzzling douche? Lol.
Seriously. I ain't here to ruin trails and cause problems, meet me in person and we might even get along, unless you try to force feed me dark ales with your "boozy friends", thank god some genius invented the pilsner and lager.

1. I'm a satyr.

2. It's a way of life bro, don't knock it until you have tried it.

3. It is and I do, but there's no better cure than a long climb then scaring yourself on the way down.

4. Nope. Pain isn't all bad, and I feel it's important to humble myself regularly.

5. People flip out over all manner of things (see the Watchmen thread).

6. Welcome to the Greater Vancouver Area.

(7) Nothing. trailfairy is just angry. It's probably best to ignore it.

You are welcome to PM me if you want to go riding on the Shore with us when you arrive. You are going to need a front brake though. Skids are for kids etc.

March 23, 2015, 7:27 p.m.

the kind of stupid question that is stupid enough to be posed by the nation's public broadcaster, which assembled a team of experts to address. maybe you don't pay attention to the national news. stupid enough to be a legitimate question to discuss among adults. indeed, why am i feeding the troll….

:lol: So because it's asked by the nation's public broadcaster it can't be a stupid question? You're just feeding their fear-mongering, and for that you're part of the problem. It's not a legitimate question because there are many other more tangible fears that you should have as a parent. You want to have a discussion amongst adults, next time bring your big boy voice.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

March 23, 2015, 7:49 p.m.

:lol: So because it's asked by the nation's public broadcaster it can't be a stupid question? You're just feeding their fear-mongering, and for that you're part of the problem. It's not a legitimate question because there are many other more tangible fears that you should have as a parent. You want to have a discussion amongst adults, next time bring your big boy voice.

That was fantastic.

March 23, 2015, 8:27 p.m.

I had no idea it was a 'real' question. On CBC nonetheless. That in itself is news.

We're fucked. Hopefully C-51 will save us from evil and Harper gets another majority to keep us safe.

March 23, 2015, 9:35 p.m.

I had no idea it was a 'real' question. On CBC nonetheless. That in itself is news.

We're fucked. Hopefully C-51 will save us from evil and Harper gets another majority to keep us safe.

watch mansbridge interview harper and you'd begin to think that the cbc has usurped by the pmo's office to be used as a propaganda machine.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 25, 2015, 6:55 p.m.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 27, 2015, 1:30 p.m.

watch mansbridge interview harper and you'd begin to think that the cbc has usurped by the pmo's office to be used as a propaganda machine.

Are you telling me it hasn't? 9/11 of the board of directors were appointed by Harper…or maybe that was the point of what you're saying.