oh liberals

Feb. 2, 2016, 1:33 p.m.

We can't even supply clean drinking water to everyone who needs it and it literally falls out of the sky. Is there more information on this free market solution, because I'm interested. I love what they have done with computer software and apps for my phone.

We don't get power to everyone that needs it either. That is a whole other conversation and the 2 are closely linked.

If you love the apps on your phone then you already know what you need to on the subject. I know it was sarcasm, but solar power has followed Moore's Law just like the computing power that allows you to check Facebook while you sit on the toilet, so it just keeps getting cheaper exponentially. Wind power is also getting cheaper.

Feb. 2, 2016, 2:10 p.m.

1895 - 300 cars - 190 000 000 short tons of coal produced.

1918 - 2 000 000 cars - 678 000 000 short tons of coal produced.

The figures suggest the need for coal only increased as internal combustion engine cars were being sold to the market increasingly. Why wouldn't history repeat itself?

When is the last time you rode a steam train to get somewhere?

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Feb. 2, 2016, 2:12 p.m.

I've read we use 3,570,000,000 gallons of oil per day on the planet. So at 80%, 2 856 000 000 gallons go's up in smoke as fuel as you stated.

Now lets address what you said he failed to cover in the interview.

How do we develop a fuel source to replace the over 2.5 billion gallons of petro products that we use to sustain life as we know it on Planet Earth? To accomplish this momentous task I would think we would actually need to ramp up oil production, no?

The development of this new source of energy and the changes to the infrastructure are going to require massive amounts of energy to complete. Not to mention the time such a huge undertaking would require, people are still going to need to burn petro-fuel while the project is underway.

Another hurdle would be financing such a project, we rely on the oil patch not only for day to day living, but its our number 1 export. We shut that down, and our other top 5 exports will also go down with it.

Too me it feels like we have 20 minutes of air left. There is another tank of air, but its 25 minutes away. Everyone is screaming to stop using the air.

If the task was easy, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The rest of the world is already ramping up oil production, and it is actually bad for business. The oil patch isn't hurting because of a bunch stinkin' hippies on a street corner. Its hurting for other reasons (oversupply, falling demand due to economic conditions, pricing cartels etc).

Ultimately, at some point we will be driven to make changes. This is inevitable. This issue is not going away. The stone age didn't end because the world ran out of stones. It ended because we found better, smarter ways to do things. We went from nitro and gunpowder to atom bombs in about 3 years (Manhattan Project 1942-45). Human ingenuity, with the right motivation and resources is amazing.

Feb. 2, 2016, 2:13 p.m.

I've been looking for this chart…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Feb. 2, 2016, 2:18 p.m.

Just watch videos from Ezra.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 2, 2016, 7:25 p.m.

When is the last time you rode a steam train to get somewhere?

Your the one who referenced coal fired steam trains and the dawn of the combustion powered automobile grandpa. I've never even used leaded gasoline.

All bickering aside, how do we become prosperous on the large amount of alternative clean energy we do produce. Can we start selling it instead of giving it away? I'm sure that guy in the video who spawned this conversation wouldn't mind working at a dam or solar plant.

Feb. 2, 2016, 8:07 p.m.

All bickering aside, how do we become prosperous on the large amount of alternative clean energy we do produce. Can we start selling it instead of giving it away? I'm sure that guy in the video who spawned this conversation wouldn't mind working at a dam or solar plant.

Depends on what planet you live on …. the beauty of something like an electric car is that you have a choice of energy sources

Feb. 2, 2016, 8:52 p.m.

how do we become prosperous on the large amount of alternative clean energy we do produce. Can we start selling it instead of giving it away?

wat

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 2, 2016, 8:52 p.m.

wat

dafuq

you talkin bout?

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 2, 2016, 9:40 p.m.

dafuq

you talkin bout?

We were talking how we need to change our petrol habits concerning fuel, and it was posted earlier that Renewable energy is already the leading source of electricity in Canada. I was thinking we could expand on what we already do and bolster our dollar at the same time.

I don't think oil workers would be opposed to working on clean energy plants either.

Sorry I'm being confusing, I'm not an expert in Liberal or Conservative electricity or fuel statistics and am trying to learn and form my own opinion, which always subject to change.

Carry on, you guys can play with Zebra's memes again.

Feb. 2, 2016, 10:34 p.m.

I'm still thinking about the beauty of electric cars, produced and transported by oil products, gives us so many more choices of alternative fuels.

Feb. 3, 2016, 9:40 a.m.

I'm still thinking about the beauty of electric cars, produced and transported by oil products, gives us so many more choices of alternative fuels.

:orly: ? Tesla Gigagactory in Nevada, powered by solar and Li-ion battery storage. Still under construction but already producing batteries. Keep drinking the OPEC kool-aid.

Feb. 3, 2016, 10:10 a.m.

It's funny how our opinions on topics like this fall into the same old political leanings. If someone is conservative and leans libertarian (not going to mention any names) they should be all over renewable energy. Having to suck up to the Saudis so we can get around town while getting taxed up the ying yang doesn't exactly point towards freedom. If you had an electric car and could produce your own power, now that is the libertarian dream.

Feb. 3, 2016, 10:17 a.m.

It's funny how our opinions on topics like this fall into the same old political leanings. If someone is conservative and leans libertarian (not going to mention any names) they should be all over renewable energy. Having to suck up to the Saudis so we can get around town while getting taxed up the ying yang doesn't exactly point towards freedom. If you had an electric car and could produce your own power, now that is the libertarian dream.

yeah it's pretty funny, in a really sad way…they don't want to understand that their defense of the status quo is actually an affront to our energy security, in addition to our regular security, since the status quo means we send money to nations friendly to actual bad terrorists. but yeah, throw more oil supply at the problem, that will solve everything…..

Feb. 3, 2016, 10:27 a.m.

If someone is conservative and leans libertarian (not going to mention any names) they should be all over renewable energy. Having to suck up to the Saudis so we can get around town while getting taxed up the ying yang doesn't exactly point towards freedom.

You can't argue with fanaticism.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells