need info badly

Jan. 24, 2003, 3:30 a.m.

i need a map or information on the underground train system of vancouvers downtown. i'm not talking about sky train. there is a system of tunnels and stuff and i'm just interested in learning more, never knew they had any :eek:

http://www.geocities.com/reptoid_27/Library2.html

does anyone have any info?
would the vancouber downtown library have maps and info and jazz?

thanks alot
cam.

Jan. 24, 2003, 3:34 a.m.

my atlas says theres an underground subway or soething
i dunno

Jan. 24, 2003, 3:42 a.m.

well there's 'subway' tunnels that are skytrain but there's also a huge network of tunnels (!!!)apparently(!!!) that connect to the army reserves building and woodwards building and eatons building as well as the courthouse or something.

i dunno, i think itd be something cool to explore sometime :thepimp:

i remember eyeing up that entrance by gm place…and i was like "wonder what that is?" on the way back from taking pics in the downtown eastside.

i duno, i guess you could say "i'm running out of things to do"

Jan. 24, 2003, 3:56 a.m.

Hehe good luck gettin in there cam!

Ive always wanted to go look around in there thought!
We should find some way to get in there :thepimp:

superheros
I like bikes

Jan. 24, 2003, 3:56 a.m.

Originally posted by Zaskar
**well there's 'subway' tunnels that are skytrain but there's also a huge network of tunnels (!!!)apparently(!!!) that connect to the army reserves building and woodwards building and eatons building as well as the courthouse or something.

i dunno, i think itd be something cool to explore sometime :thepimp:

i remember eyeing up that entrance by gm place…and i was like "wonder what that is?" on the way back from taking pics in the downtown eastside.

i duno, i guess you could say "i'm running out of things to do" **

you could go to bed like i should

msn messanger= [email protected]

Originally posted by Coop
quick ! to the intolerance-mobile!

It didn't taste like easy mac at all. It tasted like Satan

Jan. 24, 2003, 4:06 a.m.

ah ok cool

imagine like camping in one of the tunnels or something if there not used anymore that would be sick…

Jan. 24, 2003, 4:11 a.m.

Originally posted by ::RideSiK::
**ah ok cool

imagine like camping in one of the tunnels or something if there not used anymore that would be sick… **

like make you sick. imagine all the rats and shit in there. being from alberta i have never seen a rat in my life.

msn messanger= [email protected]

Originally posted by Coop
quick ! to the intolerance-mobile!

It didn't taste like easy mac at all. It tasted like Satan

Jan. 24, 2003, 8:19 a.m.

hahaha i'm gonna find a way in :thepimp: its gonna rock.

www.infiltration.org = pimp site. they get in to abandoned places and take pics and stuff. some of the stuff is crazy. like the NYC subway stations that are closed and stuff.

Jan. 24, 2003, 8:40 a.m.

Well I can't offer any insight on how to get in, but no doubt the homeless will be there before you. Bound to be pretty grungy I'll bet.

Anywhere on the street that you see those clear coloured blocks set into the pavement (like on seymour) that means that there's an underground area, since those blocks let light into whatever's down below.

I went on a tour once of Seattle's underground - it was VERY cool. Lots of ahem massage parlors ahem and other seedy establishments :rolleyes:

Jan. 24, 2003, 9 a.m.

what do you mean clear blocks judy? like do they open up? could i just lift a hatch and jump in? i really dont care if its grungy. i just wanna see if there's any cool shit down there and since this is not eruope and we dont have hundreds of year old infrastructure to run around in….

Jan. 24, 2003, 10:54 a.m.

Originally posted by Zaskar
what do you mean clear blocks judy? like do they open up? could i just lift a hatch and jump in? i really dont care if its grungy. i just wanna see if there's any cool shit down there and since this is not eruope and we dont have hundreds of year old infrastructure to run around in….

No no the blocks are set into the pavement…It's like a square of sidewalk, that has these 4x4" clear (or sometimes purple glass)blocks set into it - hard to explain. I'll show you what I mean on the next urban…a lot of them have been paved over though.

Jan. 24, 2003, 11:46 a.m.

check out the "Underground Tour" in Seattle if you get a chance. That city has a crazy history, with parts of the city actually having a second set of sidewalks about 40-50 feet below the current ones. They used to have streets that were 40 feet above the sidewalks, and people would have to climb a ladder to get to the other side of the street. Guys used to hang out on the corners and help the ladies up the ladder, while sneaking a peak up their dresses, and people would actually die from falling off the street and onto the sidewalk - the city listed it as involuntary suicides!

The tours are guided by stand up comedians so it is pretty funny (if you hit the right guy or gal), and they start from the "Underground Bar" close to pioneer square. Cannot remember how much, but they are fairly cheap, and they give student discounts.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUrl-g60878-d141438-r155434-e__2F__Attraction_Review__2D__g60878__2D__d141438__2D__Reviews__2D__The_Seattle_Underground_Tour__2D__Seattle_Washington__2E__html-The_Seattle_Underground_Tour-Seattle_Washington.html

Jan. 24, 2003, 12:56 p.m.

Originally posted by mr_fungle
check out the "Underground Tour" in Seattle if you get a chance.

YEAH that's what I went on - I highly recommend it. Apparently Seattle has like burnt down several times and they just rebuilt the city over the burnt out parts…hence the underground .

Jan. 24, 2003, 2:01 p.m.

Dude, there might be like TUNNEL PEOPLE living down there or something worse. I saw a movie like that once. I took that underground tour in Seattle too. Way cool! Let us know how it goes. Maybe you could start your own guerilla tour or something. When I lived in Kamloops we used to get into the old army bunkers behind the University. We had some wicked parties in there.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Jan. 24, 2003, 2:10 p.m.

the guy who made that website zaskar linked to is a freak. he thinks there is like a conspiracy or something..

"Here are the strange AIR VENTS above the "park". That's a lot of air needed for just a simple storage facility, isn't it? These are three of SIX TOTAL air vents.
UPDATE: It would seem that this underground facility mostly consists of a "sub station" (power station) which holds the capacity of an entire power house - and get this - it's THREE STORIES tall, all underground of course. "

turn off sigs…it will change your life