MBR: (Motor Bike Related)

March 17, 2011, 5:37 p.m.

Heckler - come in the summer and ride the whipsaw..really nice long scenic ride with a few techy bits and mud bogs..D would love it.
Can also show you the the miles and miles of singletrack we missed last time (we missed the turn by 100m). There's even lakes on route with loaner boats :)

March 18, 2011, 7:41 a.m.

Kever? This a very good deal: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/mcy/2271862698.html

Add a bigger tank, some odds and ends, and you could have a good off road bike for around $3k.

This one too, even though its a 125, could be a nice bike to have. $500 for a 144 kit and it would be super fun:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/mcy/2271595378.html

Holy crap! http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/mcd/2270809354.html You could sell that 85 for probably $4k.

March 21, 2011, 7:58 a.m.

Anybody on here racing this year? I'm planning on hitting up a few, mostly interior stuff though.

April 24 - Big Kahuna, Kamloops
May 1 - Main Jet HS, Merritt
May15 - Rock Hound HS, Silver Creek
May 21, 22 - Night Pig and Squeeling Pig XC, Vernon
June 5 - No Name HS, Kamloops
June 11, 12 - Full Throttle night and HS, Vernon
June 19 - Piston Run XC, Chilliwack
July 2 - Monkey Wrench XC, Lytton
July 9, 10 - WEC, Sun Peaks
August 27 - Outback HS, Quesnel
August 28 - Overlander XC, Williams Lake
September 3, 4 - Night Rooster and Big Rooster, Vernon
September 11 - Cat Scratch HS, Squamish
September 18 - Zofka Ridge HS, Hope
September 25 - Chewels Challenge XC, Kamloops
October 2 - Tree Hugger HS, Castlegar
October 7 - The Sanchez HS, Naramata
October 8 - Frosty Peach HS, Peachland

My #1 and 2 issues so far has been stalling (a lot) and front flats. I have a Rekluse and will be running a front mousse, so that cares care of those two issues. Now to work on calming the fuck down during the race. :lol:

March 21, 2011, 8:15 a.m.

Wayne, you'll need to update your list.

Sent from SDBA

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience and understanding in this issue, We will move our event to September 11th to avoid any conflict with any other event (not an easy one with 4 series, and 28 races) but thanks again, and we look forward to a successful race, with big crowds, fast happy racers, and another gnarly, technical course.

March 21, 2011, 8:19 a.m.

Done. Wow, that's quite the change!

March 21, 2011, 8:24 a.m.

Wayne/Loops - Have you heard of any early season riding opening up yet? (Osoyoos to Kamloops).

Or Nickelmine?

Ta

I drove up to Inks/Greenstone and there is still a foot of snow at the normal spots….even more when I hiked higher up. I'd say late April the good riding will open up…. unless you'd like to ride around in circles in the valley..not really my cup-o-tea..:zzz:.

Was near Bear Creek over in Kelowna last Monday and it looks like the hills were still pretty white over there too…

March 21, 2011, 8:41 a.m.

I've never raced this race, but most of my MC buds have and they say it's a great race.

http://stumpjumpers.org/desert100/

March 21, 2011, 8:44 a.m.

I drove up to Inks/Greenstone and there is still a foot of snow at the normal spots….even more when I hiked higher up. I'd say late April the good riding will open up…. unless you'd like to ride around in circles in the valley..not really my cup-o-tea..:zzz:.

Was near Bear Creek over in Kelowna last Monday and it looks like the hills were still pretty white over there too…

I've been whoring it up at Batch the past two weekends. Not the most fun spot in the world, but its dirt! Kinda fun to go fast and avoid sharp rocks. :lol:

Sav is good right now too from what I hear.

March 21, 2011, 8:46 a.m.

I've never raced this race, but most of my MC buds have and they say it's a great race.

http://stumpjumpers.org/desert100/

I -almost- pulled the trigger on that one this year. Was going to gear my bike taller and everything, then I saw how far away Odessa is from Kamloops. Not bloody likely!

March 21, 2011, 8:47 a.m.

Last year they had almost 800 riders and it's a mass start….giddy up

March 21, 2011, 12:19 p.m.

Kever? This a very good deal: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/mcy/2271862698.html

Add a bigger tank, some odds and ends, and you could have a good off road bike for around $3k.

This one too, even though its a 125, could be a nice bike to have. $500 for a 144 kit and it would be super fun:
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/mcy/2271595378.html

Holy crap! http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/mcd/2270809354.html You could sell that 85 for probably $4k.

Sweet deals wayne thanks. I'm selling my 250f this week and i'll be in the market for a bike next fall. I just can't decide what to get. 250 race bikes are no good in the woods around here, but i love riding track. i ride track prolly 2wice a week and trails once every 2 weeks. I was thinking ktm 250xc. Part of me wants a manly 450f tho. No trails if I get a 450f but the tracks and fireroads would be an f-in hoot. but then i'll have a 4 stroke and all the maintenance headaches that go along with it. i have no idea. i need a bike thats low maintenence but is still fun to ride track with, and occasionally trails.

March 21, 2011, 12:47 p.m.

I believe it has been mentioned over and over again that the YZ250 is probably best suited for your need (track [HTML_REMOVED] trail).

March 21, 2011, 12:54 p.m.

I believe it has been mentioned over and over again that the YZ250 is probably best suited for your need (track [HTML_REMOVED] trail).

Well now I just feel like an idiot. But ya, thanks for the advice.

March 21, 2011, 1:20 p.m.

Yea Anthony is right, a YZ250 has the boadest power and most versatile suspension of the MX 250 smokers. Its got massive roll-on power but not enough that its a light switch. For what you want to do its the perfect do everything bike.

Believe me I am not saying this because I own one, or that I have any special allegiances to Yamaha, because I don't. I ride for the Suzuki dealership! :lol: But before I made the purchase I looked at:
- reliability
- value for what you get
- performance
- aftermarket support
- tunability
- versatility
- jetting

…. and the YZ was hard to turn down. You could ride that thing stock without any major suspension mods, but if you do mod it, it would cost you about $12-$40.

I think you might like a 450 for the track after you've learned how to use the power, but they are a friggin handful in the woods. Put it this way, my YZ rides lighter than my old 250F. A 450 is crazy in the woods in comparison. Your results may vary but of the two I've ridden they were not easy bikes to ride.

March 21, 2011, 1:43 p.m.

Yea Anthony is right, a YZ250 has the boadest power and most versatile suspension of the MX 250 smokers. Its got massive roll-on power but not enough that its a light switch. For what you want to do its the perfect do everything bike.

Believe me I am not saying this because I own one, or that I have any special allegiances to Yamaha, because I don't. I ride for the Suzuki dealership! :lol: But before I made the purchase I looked at:
- reliability
- value for what you get
- performance
- aftermarket support
- tunability
- versatility
- jetting

…. and the YZ was hard to turn down. You could ride that thing stock without any major suspension mods, but if you do mod it, it would cost you about $12-$40.

I think you might like a 450 for the track after you've learned how to use the power, but they are a friggin handful in the woods. Put it this way, my YZ rides lighter than my old 250F. A 450 is crazy in the woods in comparison. Your results may vary but of the two I've ridden they were not easy bikes to ride.

Well that pretty much settles it. My next bike will be a yz 250. Should I buy used or new? Money's a bit tight but I'm willing to buy new if it's worth it.