For those who dont want to eat GMO foods

Nov. 8, 2012, 8:51 p.m.

new member joined last year with only few posts.
I did a little back ground check on this Mr. Chinaski fellow…he is a professional shill on the Monsanto payroll :damn:

Ya he's being payed big bucks to temper the long term threat posed by this mountain biking forum.

Did this background check involve information provided by secret agent 74, code name Wolfram?

Nov. 8, 2012, 8:59 p.m.

new member joined last year with only few posts.
I did a little back ground check on this Mr. Chinaski fellow…he is a professional shill on the Monsanto payroll :damn:

Brainwashing is hard a fuck. We thought we’d start with a population that falls on their head a lot.

Nov. 8, 2012, 10:01 p.m.

Ya he's being payed big bucks to temper the long term threat posed by this mountain biking forum.

Did this background check involve information provided by secret agent 74, code name Wolfram?

You need to sanatise this post asap….naming names has very real…very serious consequences.
Shhhhhh…..did you hear that

Nov. 8, 2012, 10:05 p.m.

Brainwashing is hard a fuck. We thought we’d start with a population that falls on their head a lot.

PM and resume sent. I want to get on the payroll for disinformation…and trolling.:devil:

Nov. 8, 2012, 10:08 p.m.

Thanks for putting me on payroll you have my pledge of continued support.

Now lets get a gun in every Canadian household and oil pipelines in every backyard.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 1, 2012, 10:41 a.m.

Just to fan the flames: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57505149/modern-wheat-a-perfect-chronic-poison-doctor-says/

September 3, 2012 9:28 AM

Print
Text

Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor says

inShare678
More

Play CBS News Video

(CBS News) Modern wheat is a "perfect, chronic poison," according to Dr. William Davis, a cardiologist who has published a book all about the world's most popular grain.

Davis said that the wheat we eat these days isn't the wheat your grandma had: "It's an 18-inch tall plant created by genetic research in the '60s and '70s," he said on "CBS This Morning." "This thing has many new features nobody told you about, such as there's a new protein in this thing called gliadin. It's not gluten. I'm not addressing people with gluten sensitivities and celiac disease. I'm talking about everybody else because everybody else is susceptible to the gliadin protein that is an opiate. This thing binds into the opiate receptors in your brain and in most people stimulates appetite, such that we consume 440 more calories per day, 365 days per year."

Asked if the farming industry could change back to the grain it formerly produced, Davis said it could, but it would not be economically feasible because it yields less per acre. However, Davis said a movement has begun with people turning away from wheat - and dropping substantial weight.

"If three people lost eight pounds, big deal," he said. "But we're seeing hundreds of thousands of people losing 30, 80, 150 pounds. Diabetics become no longer diabetic; people with arthritis having dramatic relief. People losing leg swelling, acid reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, depression, and on and on every day."

To avoid these wheat-oriented products, Davis suggests eating "real food," such as avocados, olives, olive oil, meats, and vegetables. "(It's) the stuff that is least likely to have been changed by agribusiness," he said. "Certainly not grains. When I say grains, of course, over 90 percent of all grains we eat will be wheat, it's not barley… or flax. It's going to be wheat.

"It's really a wheat issue."

Some health resources, such as the Mayo Clinic, advocate a more balanced diet that does include wheat. But Davis said on "CTM" they're just offering a poor alternative.

"All that literature says is to replace something bad, white enriched products with something less bad, whole grains, and there's an apparent health benefit - 'Let's eat a whole bunch of less bad things.' So I take…unfiltered cigarettes and replace with Salem filtered cigarettes, you should smoke the Salems. That's the logic of nutrition, it's a deeply flawed logic. What if I take it to the next level, and we say, 'Let's eliminate all grains,' what happens then?

"That's when you see, not improvements in health, that's when you see transformations in health."

Dec. 1, 2012, 2:32 p.m.

replace wheat with cannabis, sounds awful similar to some other "warnings"

Dec. 2, 2012, 1:18 a.m.

Fyi

wheat is non gmo

Dec. 2, 2012, 9:49 a.m.

Fyi

wheat is non gmo

True but…it does go to show that just because it's not truly "GMO" that it's good for
you. As has been said in this thread, inter-breeding, hybridization is modifying the
genetics of the product. While direct gene manipulation isn't used in wheat, how much
different is it?

“Genetic modification,” in the slippery terminology of genetics, means that a gene or partial gene sequence was inserted or deleted using gene-splicing technology. While current research efforts continue to work on genetically-modified wheat, e.g., herbicide-resistance and reduction of celiac disease-provoking sequences, such GM-wheat is not currently on the market.

Modern wheat has been hybridized (crossing different strains to generate new characteristics; 5% of proteins generated in the offspring, for instance, are not present in either parent), backcrossed (repeated crossing to winnow out a specific trait, e.g., short stature), and hybridized with non-wheat plants (to introduce entirely unique genes). There are also chemical-, gamma-, and x-ray mutagenesis, i.e., the use of obnoxious stimuli to induce mutations that can then be propagated in offpspring. This is how BASF’s Clearfield wheat was created, for example, by exposing the seeds and embryos to the industrial chemical, sodium azide, that is highly toxic to humans.

By definition, hybridization, backcrossing, and mutation-inducing techniques are difficult to control, unpredictable, and generate plenty of unexpected results. In short, they are worse than genetic-modification. Imagine we were to apply similar techniques of hybridization and mutagenesis to mammals–we’d have all manner of bizarre creatures and genetic freaks on our hands. I am no defender of genetic-modification, but it is pure craziness that Agribusiness apologists defend modern wheat because it is not yet the recipient of “genetic modification.”

Jan. 3, 2013, 9:02 p.m.

Interesting turnabout in opinion this week from one of the originators of the anti-GMO movement in the 90's.

His opening words at the Oxford Farmer Conference in the UK:

I want to start with some apologies. For the record, here and upfront, I apologise for having spent several years ripping up GM crops. I am also sorry that I helped to start the anti-GM movement back in the mid 1990s, and that I thereby assisted in demonising an important technological option which can be used to benefit the environment.
As an environmentalist, and someone who believes that everyone in this world has a right to a healthy and nutritious diet of their choosing, I could not have chosen a more counter-productive path. I now regret it completely.
So I guess you’ll be wondering—what happened between 1995 and now that made me not only change my mind but come here and admit it? Well, the answer is fairly simple: I discovered science, and in the process I hope I became a better environmentalist.

More here.

Full lecture here. Long, but worth a read.

Jan. 4, 2013, 10:36 a.m.

this is why people need to grow there own food, not only is it fun and rewarding but adds nutrition to your family. I find it funny how people own a home. but spend so much money maintaining there lawn just so it looks nice. Dont get me wrong I love a nice green lawn. But leave the front yard looking nice and make your back yard work for you. I have a small green house 14 by 10 and then also 1000 sq feet of garden space and 6 chickens. I can, vaccum seal, freeze my veggies and such and use some for baby food for my son. maybe pesto with my basil and freeze it the list goes on. Im right now building a walk in cooler in my garage to age and hang my meat in the hunting season for myself and friends. But in the summer when not hunting is going on I will use it as a cheese locker and make my own cheese and to store veggies from the garden. My goal within in 10 years is to be 95 percent self sufficient. Meaning kill my own food, grow my own food and produce my own power through solar or a small hydro damn through a creek that may run through my property, wood heat ex.. I have saved money, feel better eating the foods i grow and butcher and it is a great hobby too.

Builder of Little Bastard

Jan. 4, 2013, 5:45 p.m.

this is why people need to grow there own food, not only is it fun and rewarding but adds nutrition to your family. I find it funny how people own a home. but spend so much money maintaining there lawn just so it looks nice. Dont get me wrong I love a nice green lawn. But leave the front yard looking nice and make your back yard work for you. I have a small green house 14 by 10 and then also 1000 sq feet of garden space and 6 chickens. I can, vaccum seal, freeze my veggies and such and use some for baby food for my son. maybe pesto with my basil and freeze it the list goes on. Im right now building a walk in cooler in my garage to age and hang my meat in the hunting season for myself and friends. But in the summer when not hunting is going on I will use it as a cheese locker and make my own cheese and to store veggies from the garden. My goal within in 10 years is to be 95 percent self sufficient. Meaning kill my own food, grow my own food and produce my own power through solar or a small hydro damn through a creek that may run through my property, wood heat ex.. I have saved money, feel better eating the foods i grow and butcher and it is a great hobby too.

Awesome! We are on this path as well.

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

Jan. 4, 2013, 10:05 p.m.

Tell me more about this walk in cooler project.

I have plans for a root cellar this summer,but also have excess barn space that would make a sweet meat locker.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 4, 2013, 10:12 p.m.

Tell us more about how home skoolin impruves litterasy.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 4, 2013, 10:21 p.m.

Tell us more about how home skoolin impruves litterasy.

Kn.

^^^obviously drunk.

Pastor of Muppets