Faroe Islands Whale Slaughter

June 30, 2021, 11:50 a.m.

I dont want to show the photos and this is something that makes me sick each year, but this is just sickening.

I get that people have their traditions and that the descendants of Vikings on these islands live off the food that they harvest from these slaughters and that they're largely isolated on those islands. I even agree that the slaughter houses that feed me and my family are probably closer to this than I would hope.

Its hard to see these images regardless. No idea what the answer is because stopping this, if it were even possible, probably also means that we need to make some significant changes at home too.

I see that there are military ships in the background of some of the photos - I wonder if that is to prevent/police the outside world from stepping in - I can see how things would get out of hand pretty easily and there would be more dead people than whales.

Last edited by: Ddean on June 30, 2021, noon, edited 1 time in total.
June 30, 2021, 12:09 p.m.

Is it brutal? yes.

Do I disagree with it? Yes

I lived in Norway, they eat whale there too. It's a part of their culture in Scandinavia, they actually eat the meat and have for eons. Should it come to an end? Would love it too.

If you eat meat visit a slaughterhouse sometime, or watch some footage. It's the same kind of brutality at the hands of humans. 

Either way you are slaughtering a sentient being.

I hate watching this shit and thru the years have eaten way less meat.  Down to 10% of what I used to eat 10 years ago.

Watch this : http://www.nationearth.com/

You may get rid off your BBQ after.

June 30, 2021, 12:23 p.m.

^^^^I agree. That is exactly what I mean. It is sickening, but forcing change in other places just because its the media outrage on that day doesnt mean that you dont need to look closer to home.

Complicated issue.

I try to live by the mantra of never pointing fingers because each time you do, there are three pointing back at you.