Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread

Aug. 28, 2022, 11:10 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Posted by: KenN

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: tashi

Even St. Elon knows that he probably can't release the Cyber Truck looking like the prototype and have it sell.

My money is it coming out looking a lot like the Mercedes, just a little bigger. Soft, rounded, expensive looking and with the bland inoffensive design language of the rest of the Teslas.

I gotta be honest I didn't like the way it looked either at first. But then I saw some good footage of one in motion down a highway and I was like ok that's 🔥 it's been almost 3 decades since I saw back to the future II and thr cybertruck lights that fascinated little kid spark in me where thr ford is just...another ford. That isn't a bad thing really I'd just rather have the more exciting option.

At the end of the day both trucks are gonna sell faster than they can make them.

The seven stages of Cybertruck Acceptance ...

1. Shock

2. Disbelief

3. Huh

4. Well, actually ...

5. It's growing on me

6. I kinda love this!

7. All other trucks are dead to me

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5TIVjEHZ3G/

8th stage: watching F-150 Lightning owners take delivery while St Elon pushes timeline to 2023 and say the price will be increasing.

Did ya see the part where the f150 pricing will be jacked up by $8000 USD?

cybertruck is gonna be more expensive too than originally advertised

Sept. 8, 2022, 9:40 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51fyxgcVrKM

I really like it (apart from the price), why are there not more EVs like this instead of all those impractical sedans and SUVs?

Hoping it will be a commercial success so we'll see competitors bringing similar vehicles and maybe VW adding a less expensive dumbed down version (I could do without all the gadgets like saving your parking manoeuvre to memory).

Sept. 8, 2022, 10:04 a.m.

there is a basic version planned for businesses in europe

Sept. 8, 2022, 4:46 p.m.

Got a new EV today. I like it

Ford F150 Lightning

Sept. 8, 2022, 6:27 p.m.

Whoa, they do exist in the wild. 🦄 

How many did B.C. get, just that one lol? Joking/ not joking.

Every time I see one of those stupid appeal-to-your-emotions commericals for gas powered trucks now I can't help but think what a low performance POS it is compared to that /\

Sept. 8, 2022, 6:54 p.m.

According to the finance lady at Cam Clark , they’ve delivered 10 so far and they got just over 15 allocations for 2022. They got the most allocations in BC per the sales guy. Not sure how much of that is true. 

Most of them have arrived in the past two weeks with three deliveries today.

Sept. 9, 2022, 1:18 a.m.

did you pay the official sticker price?

Sept. 9, 2022, 2:20 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

did you pay the official sticker price?

Yes. Plus $1,100 in dealer “documentation & financing” fees, which they were upfront about and I was fine with.

Sept. 9, 2022, 3:05 a.m.

just asking because you hear those horror stories of us dealerships charging a fortune on top of the sticker price

Sept. 9, 2022, 6:56 a.m.

^^ Ford CEO working to stop that practice and move to set sticker pricing.  Tesla did a good job disrupting the dealer model.

Sept. 9, 2022, 6:57 a.m.

also - sweet E-F-150!   Definitely a rare beast here.

Sept. 9, 2022, 2:44 p.m.

https://electrek.co/2022/09/09/potential-motors-launching-an-off-road-electric-rv-called-the-adventure-1%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc%ef%bf%bc/

Oct. 31, 2022, 11:14 a.m.

Posted by: rnayel

Ford F150 Lightning

Buddy at the dealership got me a Lightning test drive just for fun. That thing is ridiculous. 

It's like driving one of those tic tac spaceships from the other thread.

Oct. 31, 2022, 11:53 a.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Posted by: rnayel

Buddy at the dealership got me a Lightning test drive just for fun. That thing is ridiculous. 

It's like driving one of those tic tac spaceships from the other thread.

That feeling wears off pretty quickly.  After a couple of burn outs and pedal to the floor acceleration runs, you're not so tempted. It's just a very nice truck at this point, we've been using it for truck things and it excels.

Installed the winter tires on 18-inch rims this weekend as my wife took it to the interior for a short trip this week. It looks more like a regular pickup with grey Ford rims than it does a futuristic EV, funny how rims and tires change the look of a car. Tracking her progress on the ford app, she got to Hope from North Van using 19% charge, and then to Merritt in another 18%, charging in Merritt before hitting the HWY5 (coquihalla).

Oct. 31, 2022, 1:50 p.m.

I was thinking how much further ahead the technology was over anything I'd driven up to that point, car or truck. Dramatically quiter, smoother and more efficient. Even the acceleration and braking were impossibly silky. Never punched it honestly, afraid to crash and have to buy it.

Leaping into the future comes at a premium, phoof.