Electric Vehicle (EV) discussion thread

Feb. 27, 2023, 8:26 a.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I just bought a used one.

Congrats!  You will love it!

Couple of things to keep in mind. Trucks are tall, if you plan on parking underground, most buildings built before 1990ish won't be tall enough. Trucks are long, so you have to keep in mind the overhang when parking in public lots.  Trucks are wide, I hope that you don't care about parking lot dings. Otherwise, it's an awesome vehicle.

Feb. 27, 2023, 12:51 p.m.

Waiting for the inevitable crop of electric trucks from other manufacturers would be wiser, but would mean waiting a while- a few to several years to maybe forever. Even then, who's to say what their rollout will look like.

I saw a Rivian in North Van last week, first one I've seen on the road.

Feb. 27, 2023, 12:57 p.m.

Parked in the same lot as one yesterday. That adjustable ride height is sweet, this one was as low as an old mini truck parked.

Pricing looks same as a Lariat level F-150.

Apparently it's just ridiculous off road: https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/a37764868/rivian-r1t-review-one/

Last edited by: Hepcat on Feb. 27, 2023, 1 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 27, 2023, 2:05 p.m.

Parked in the same lot as one yesterday. That adjustable ride height is sweet, this one was as low as an old mini truck parked.

Pricing looks same as a Lariat level F-150.

Apparently it's just ridiculous off road: https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews/a37764868/rivian-r1t-review-one/

Yes, cool, a few recalls so far and far fewer produced that F150s. My original deposit was on one as the price was actually 2K less than the lariat, but delivery was scheduled for over a year later. So once my F150 came, I cancelled the Rivian order. The R1S SUV looks cool as well - a friend of mine has one on order with an expected delivery at the end of Q3-2023.

Feb. 27, 2023, 5:18 p.m.

Spotted an R1S on Dollarton Highway yesterday. Did not expect that.

April 3, 2023, 4:33 p.m.

Teslas.  Is it just me or do they look like 1990's Pontiacs?

April 4, 2023, 11:58 a.m.

You mean this

Last edited by: rnayel on April 4, 2023, noon, edited 1 time in total.
April 4, 2023, 2:20 p.m.

Gullwing doors on an Aztec.

April 4, 2023, 2:58 p.m.

Posted by: earleb

Gullwing doors on an Aztec.

Almost

April 9, 2023, 4:50 p.m.

Posted by: rnayel

You mean this

lol. Actually I was referring to the model 3. It’s got a sunfire thing going on.

April 15, 2023, 9:44 p.m.

https://youtu.be/OISQx4A3qds

more interesting than the cyber truck.

June 15, 2023, 10:49 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: drezy

I’m interested in the Lightning but the range just isn’t there yet. 800km would be the ticket. That is if I ever get tired of rolling coal in my chipped diesel on 38’s with stacks through the box and truck nuts hanging from the hitch.

Jk, I drive a stock 1/2 ton Silverado that still freaks me out a bit when it shuts down at a traffic light.

I'd still take a cybertruck over the lightning.

I think the cybertruck would be a good pick if the world goes Mad Max. It has that post apocalyptic vibe that I would look for in a vehicle after a global catastrophe, but without the rule of law I would just steal one from a Yuppie that bought it for camping. In the meantime the F-150 Lightening looks like the better option.

Ah the breezy days of 2021.  Back when we still thought the cybertruck and electric F-150 are comparable.  Fast forward to 2023, still waiting on St. Elon's marketing stunt to make it out of vaporware stage.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/leaked-documents-show-tesla-cybertruck-development-issues-continue.html

June 15, 2023, 12:23 p.m.

Loaded the E-bikes into a riding bud's  Rivian last week to ride in kamloops, on the highway that truck could get up and boogie and it was pretty smooth off road. Buddy is all in on EV's he is a pretty smart business man, he has ordered 4 more Rivians figuring it will be years by the time he actualy gets them all, he has also bought 10 wrecked Teslas and is going to refurbish them to become a dealer of used repaired teslas

Last edited by: XXX_er on June 15, 2023, 12:49 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
June 15, 2023, 12:40 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: drezy

I’m interested in the Lightning but the range just isn’t there yet. 800km would be the ticket. That is if I ever get tired of rolling coal in my chipped diesel on 38’s with stacks through the box and truck nuts hanging from the hitch.

Jk, I drive a stock 1/2 ton Silverado that still freaks me out a bit when it shuts down at a traffic light.

I'd still take a cybertruck over the lightning.

I think the cybertruck would be a good pick if the world goes Mad Max. It has that post apocalyptic vibe that I would look for in a vehicle after a global catastrophe, but without the rule of law I would just steal one from a Yuppie that bought it for camping. In the meantime the F-150 Lightening looks like the better option.

Ah the breezy days of 2021.  Back when we still thought the cybertruck and electric F-150 are comparable.  Fast forward to 2023, still waiting on St. Elon's marketing stunt to make it out of vaporware stage.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/leaked-documents-show-tesla-cybertruck-development-issues-continue.html

Ah, never trust a billionaire.  Seriously to amass that level of fortune you have to be a full on psychopath.  I saw a license plate that said "ThxElon" or something similar once and the first thing I thought was why are you thanking someone who would stick his dick in your eye socket if it made him more bucks?

June 15, 2023, 2:43 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Loaded the E-bikes into a riding bud's  Rivian last week to ride in kamloops, on the highway that truck could get up and boogie and it was pretty smooth off road. Buddy is all in on EV's he is a pretty smart business man, he has ordered 4 more Rivians figuring it will be years by the time he actualy gets them all, he has also bought 10 wrecked Teslas and is going to refurbish them to become a dealer of used repaired teslas

Id say your buddy is a pretty brave gambling man as well. A lot of unknowns in those two ventures.