Apple vs Samsung?

Oct. 3, 2012, 6:28 a.m.

You're gonna like JB. Turn off animations, and it's noticeably snappier.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 8, 2012, 8:31 a.m.

iPhone 5 is here omg omg

Oct. 8, 2012, 8:37 a.m.

^^^^^winning^^^^
How do I put that post in an email to send to my lemming family back in the bubble known as Canada.

I stated to my step dad I have yet to have a smart phone, he brags he is about to acquire his 4th….

Oct. 8, 2012, 12:02 p.m.

Speaking of which, for Adam West and anyone else listening to a Galaxy with Android 4.0 and up, FLAC format plays natively so if you have any tracks in FLAC format, plug them in and have a listen. Sounds so amazing.

FLAC sounds amazing.. but average about ~40mb a file.. sucks if you only have a 16gb

Oct. 8, 2012, 5:17 p.m.

FLAC sounds amazing.. but average about ~40mb a file.. sucks if you only have a 16gb

Yep, but then I don't keep everything in my phone in FLAC format. Only albums I will really appreciate the detail: The new Tycho album for instance.

Everything else stays in high bitrate mp3. The nice thing is that, with the OS supporting FLAC natively, you don't need any special app or program to play the FLAC tracks and they play seamlessly side by side with the MP3s. No special treatment or real effort involved.

Oct. 8, 2012, 9:36 p.m.

Sure does, but then again on eof the advantages of the G3 is the ability to slide a 64GB micro-SD to help you out.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Oct. 10, 2012, 3:11 p.m.

Looks like Apple got granted another patent for slide-to-unlock again today. This one even broader.

The new patent throws a lot of the limitations of the others out the window, specifically the part that required an unlock gesture to move along a very specific path. Now there are just two main guidelines to keep in mind. One is "continuously moving the unlock image on the touch-sensitive display in accordance with the movement of the detected contact," which is to say moving your finger across a touch screen with no real route. The other is "movement of the unlock image from the first location to an unlock region." So there's no indication that you have to start or stop in an exact location. And all of that leaves Apple's rights for slide-to-unlock very vague, but at the same time very broad and very open to interpretation, which is probably just the way Cupertino likes it.

So now it's infringing on their design patent to drag anything around a lockscreen. Where does this crap end?

Oct. 10, 2012, 3:17 p.m.

So good that appl is protecting their innovations and keeping their spirit of leading the world with new devolopments intact.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 10, 2012, 9:16 p.m.

Looks like Apple got granted another patent for slide-to-unlock again today. This one even broader.

So now it's infringing on their design patent to drag anything around a lockscreen. Where does this crap end?

Basically every smartphone is now in breach. Kind of like granting a patent for brakes with lever actuators.

Oct. 10, 2012, 9:31 p.m.

I wondered what happened to Vlingo.

Good read.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 10, 2012, 9:33 p.m.

It won't, for now, so judges need to start working on their interpretation skills.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Oct. 10, 2012, 9:35 p.m.

I wondered what happened to Vlingo.

Good read.

Yes, good read.

Mr. Phillips and Vlingo are among the thousands of executives and companies caught in a software patent system that federal judges, economists, policy makers and technology executives say is so flawed that it often stymies innovation.

Alongside the impressive technological advances of the last two decades, they argue, a pall has descended: the marketplace for new ideas has been corrupted by software patents used as destructive weapons.

Gee … who would've guessed?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 10, 2012, 9:46 p.m.

It's pretty ironic how Apple has become 'The Man'.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 11, 2012, 4:57 p.m.

It won't, for now, so judges need to start working on their interpretation skills.

US Appeals Court overturned Galaxy Nexus injunction. Hopefully the trend continues.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Oct. 11, 2012, 5:46 p.m.

US Appeals Court overturned Galaxy Nexus injunction. Hopefully the trend continues.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/11/court-reverses-nexus-sales-ban/:

A United States appeals court has overturned the injunction banning the sale of Samsung's Galaxy Nexus, arguing that the California district court had "abused its discretion" in granting it. The case between Apple and Samsung, which centers around four patents relating to unified search and Siri, will now be returned to the court of Judge Lucy Koh for reconsideration - in the same way that she had to reverse her previous decision regarding the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Maybe try a different judge already?