anyone fondo ?

Sept. 14, 2015, 1:20 p.m.

The half Fondo starts in Squamish, unsure if there is a Van-Squam route (don't believe there is).

You got this the wrong way round. The "Medio" finished somewhere near Canadian Tire.

I've wondered why they don't route the event up Loggers Lane. At least that keeps the Cleveland Avenue area functioning

I rode the event for the first time this year and won't be doing it again at those prices. All in, my girlfriend friend and I spent over a grand by the time you factor in a hotel / food in Whistler etc.

Sept. 14, 2015, 1:31 p.m.

… spent over a grand by the time you factor in a hotel / food in Whistler etc.

This is the only thing that's stopped me. I've done STP/RSVP/Ramrod, but never the fondo in my own backyard.

Sept. 14, 2015, 2:01 p.m.

Wow. For that kind of money, you can haul the bikes to the OK for a long weekend and ride from winery to winery.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 14, 2015, 2:44 p.m.

Pales in comparison to the pricing of something like the BCBR though. I once thought it would be a fun thing for the wife and I to do together until I saw the price!

Sept. 18, 2015, 10:28 a.m.

interesting to note the news story in this weeks' pique only highlighted the will routley / race angle and said nothing about rider numbers or fondo participants . in years past they usually touched on local interest stories , like that one legged guy who kicks ass .

Sept. 18, 2015, 5:58 p.m.

well , i have to stand corrected . . . i just came from the website and it appears pricing is down slightly .

there is a graduated scale beginning at 195$ going to 245$ on the day of event . but a 7% service fee ? wtf ?

Similar scheme that they charge at the Ironman and half iron man distance tris. Know lots of people who quit racing official events because costs get old after a while.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/