Treadmill shopping....aaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!

Feb. 27, 2014, 10:17 a.m.

Then don't run.

Treadmills aren't as boring as running on a track?

Unless something has drastically changed with treadmills,i stand by my "go outside" statement. Maybe try trail running.

Difficult to watch Big Survivor Idol 42 while running thru the woods!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 27, 2014, 10:31 a.m.

Treadmills are good for only one thing … high-intensity pace training. If you are training to run a mile in 5 minutes or under, set the pace to 5 min/mile and train yourself to that goal on the treadmilf. Once you know/develop the pace and effort required, go and do it outside (its a lot harder, but your body has an idea of how much work it is gonna be and how to pace itself).

If you are just looking to improve your general fitness, go outside and run.

Feb. 27, 2014, 11:42 a.m.

Treadmills are good for everything from easy recovery runs to threshold work and threshold intervals. I wouldn't do max intervals on a treadmill myself. In fact, I don't even own one or use one regularly, but the low-impact benefits are obvious. I have no problems with treadmills, just like I have no issues with rollers or trainers. It's just a tool.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Feb. 27, 2014, 11:45 a.m.

Treadmills are good for only one thing … high-intensity pace training. If you are training to run a mile in 5 minutes or under, set the pace to 5 min/mile and train yourself to that goal on the treadmilf. Once you know/develop the pace and effort required, go and do it outside (its a lot harder, but your body has an idea of how much work it is gonna be and how to pace itself).

If you are just looking to improve your general fitness, go outside and run.

As mentioned in a previous thread. Research has shown that training and exercising outdoors is better in the long run. Both physically and mentally.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 28, 2014, 3:37 p.m.

I don't think there is any question that running outside or biking outside is the way to go, but both Treadmills and spinning bikes are great tools if that isn't an option.
For me, many nights I can't leave the kids on their own and my spin bike has meant still being able to get some exercise and keep my sanity. I'd love to have a treadmill as well.

March 6, 2014, 3:26 p.m.

Also hearing good things about Pacemaster.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

March 6, 2014, 3:59 p.m.

The kind of treadmill doesn't matter…the real question is: Does the plane take off or not?

March 6, 2014, 4:10 p.m.

Don't do it.

I'm ignoring Smedley.

March 7, 2014, 12:25 a.m.

Also hearing good things about Pacemaster.

I'll check that but the wife is getting fed up comparison shopping and is leaning heavily toward the Precor.
Apparently the upper end of their consumer model range are made in Seattle, alleviating parts and maintenance issues.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.