The future of XC Racing

May 6, 2013, 12:19 p.m.

I root for Marco when watching the XC races!

May 6, 2013, 12:35 p.m.

word;

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 31, 2013, 10:48 a.m.

last weekend, Nino's gap!

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

May 31, 2013, 12:46 p.m.

last weekend, Nino's gap!

Hah. If only he was riding a bike with those small 26 inch wheels that are more flickable and fun. Oh yeah and huge shorts. And a visor.

In other news the Ore Crusher sold out apparently and the Nimby 50 was another success so there seems to be a future in XC racing.

I was thinking about this the other day. UCI and others tried their best to ruin the sport. Thinking multi laps of a short course was the best way for TV and spectators to get in on it. But I think the real money if that is important is in participation. I don't think XC is really much of a spectator sport other than for a few of us that love the sport and understand it. I think it is more like a running marathon where the vast majority of participants are not in it to win anything and the simple accomplishment of completing it is enough. Test of Metal is like that. Nimby is too I think for many entrants. Road has just discovered that Granfondos are huge money makers. UCI is apparently trying to get in on that too.

Just wait until the UCI decides to get it's authoritative stupidity into enduro. They'll wreck that too.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 31, 2013, 1:21 p.m.

"I play real sports, not try to be the best at exercising." - Kenny Powers

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 31, 2013, 1:41 p.m.

In other news the Ore Crusher sold out apparently and the Nimby 50 was another success so there seems to be a future in XC racing.

Neither of those are really XC by UCI standards.

Just wait until the UCI decides to get it's authoritative stupidity into enduro. They'll wreck that too.

They missed the boat. Had their chance at the end of last year and passed. I think this will prove to be their downfall in mountain biking. If the EWS can prove they don't need the UCI to host pro level series perhaps DH might finally break out on it's own away from the UCI.

May 31, 2013, 1:43 p.m.

If the EWS can prove they don't need the UCI to host pro level series perhaps DH might finally break out on it's own away from the UCI.

spot on!

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 31, 2013, 9:41 p.m.

Neither of those are really XC by UCI standards.

They missed the boat. Had their chance at the end of last year and passed. I think this will prove to be their downfall in mountain biking. If the EWS can prove they don't need the UCI to host pro level series perhaps DH might finally break out on it's own away from the UCI.

Fair enough re uci 'standards' but it fits my standard.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.