Commencal vs Evil

Nov. 19, 2013, 9:25 a.m.

Did they just not have hangers or bolts in stock? I doubt the derailleur bolt or hanger from the X-12 system is any different between the 26, 29 and 650B frames.

Likely. I was being a bit facetious. The system is is pretty stout, so I can't imagine many failures (a stick jammed his). I've been to the Norco warehouse many times in years past, it's enormous. To have no hangers in stock is nuts. Is the axle system the same as the Range and Sight? The ended up heli-coiling the threads so it's good to go.

He's so pissed he's ordering a carbon Sight :)

Nov. 19, 2013, 9:28 a.m.

now on companies selling the farm for 650b…I have a friend on a Norco Shinobi. Stripped out his derailleur hanger. Called Norco….and yah, they don't have any replacements. GOOD GRIEF :|

Hmm. Rant about 650b. References 29er. For a problem that could beset any bike using any wheel size.

Try calling www.northshorebillet.com directly.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Nov. 19, 2013, 9:43 a.m.

imagine if the industry was smart enough to come up with a standard for deraileur hangers - as in one hanger that fits any bike.

but that would just make too much sense. bike co's could simplify production, save costs and things would be better for the consumer.

what a crazy idea.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 19, 2013, 9:55 a.m.

Likely. I was being a bit facetious. The system is is pretty stout, so I can't imagine many failures (a stick jammed his). I've been to the Norco warehouse many times in years past, it's enormous. To have no hangers in stock is nuts. Is the axle system the same as the Range and Sight? The ended up heli-coiling the threads so it's good to go.

He's so pissed he's ordering a carbon Sight :)

:lol: Sticking it to the man.

I broke my derailleur bolt(11 Range) a few years ago on a crash on BP (da fuct???) Original design had full length thread bolts so by crashing I broke the bolt clean off but also striped the threads inside the hanger as of a result. John Henry (pre-Norco factory days) didn't have a hanger and bolts in stock, but luckily Norco was at Crankworkx that week so I was able to get a few bolts and another hanger off them for free.

But actually, a guy I ride with has a Norco Firebolt, and was/is having problems with the hanger/bolt last time I rode with him, so

But looking at that Range Killa Beeeeeez carb0n, hanger design looks pretty darn similar to my 26 Range

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 19, 2013, 11:39 a.m.

Only things I've read about the Uprising are on the Italian distributor website.

Pics and wight:

http://www.dsb-bonandrini.com/news.aspx?s=1[HTML_REMOVED]ss=9

Geometry and build kits:

http://www.dsb-bonandrini.com/prodotti_scheda.aspx?s=3[HTML_REMOVED]ss=10[HTML_REMOVED]m=58_Evil[HTML_REMOVED]p=1623

Hope this helps.

Quoting this post as it was back on page 1 but got sent to the mod queue for a couple of days.

Nov. 19, 2013, 12:03 p.m.

Evil has been using the Fanatik site as their news site.
http://fanatikbike.com/product/14evil-uprising-frame-11882.htm

Those syntace hanger are $12 on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Syntace-X-12-System-Derailleur-Hanger/dp/B004YWGU7C

Nov. 19, 2013, 12:47 p.m.

imagine if the industry was smart enough to come up with a standard for deraileur hangers - as in one hanger that fits any bike.

but that would just make too much sense. bike co's could simplify production, save costs and things would be better for the consumer.

what a crazy idea.

come back from the edge..

now your just talking crazyyyy talk…:high:

Nov. 19, 2013, 3:51 p.m.

Those syntace hanger are $12 on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Syntace-X-12-System-Derailleur-Hanger/dp/B004YWGU7C

Sweet Gee Bus, someone has decided that there are too many integrated systems in cycling. Im lking the X-12 business even more now

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 19, 2013, 5:27 p.m.

Hmm. Rant about 650b. References 29er. For a problem that could beset any bike using any wheel size.

Try calling www.northshorebillet.com directly.

Well…I was being a bit facetious with my rant. I do thoroughly enjoy both my 650b and 29er though;-). I'll let him know about NS billet, thanks for that. Pinky, thanks for that link too!

OP-sorry I have derailed this thread, back to the original programming, the Commencal is a hot looking bike. If there is local lbs support for it that's the way I would go:)

Nov. 19, 2013, 5:58 p.m.

If you're 10 mins from Evil head office and on good terms with the rep then the choice is clear.

Re: obsolescence, I believe in 3 years 26 will be obsolete. Look at 9sp, they came out with 10sp in late 2010 and now you can't buy high end 9sp in bike shops in north van.

Nov. 19, 2013, 6:09 p.m.

If you're 10 mins from Evil head office and on good terms with the rep then the choice is clear.

Re: obsolescence, I believe in 3 years 26 will be obsolete. Look at 9sp, they came out with 10sp in late 2010 and now you can't buy high end 9sp in bike shops in north van.

Yet next year you'll be able to buy high-end seven or eight speed rear systems.

Nov. 19, 2013, 6:20 p.m.

Really? That's freakin sweet. I want to run that. With modern derailleurs 8sp would be amazing.

Nov. 19, 2013, 6:42 p.m.

Really? That's freakin sweet. I want to run that. With modern derailleurs 8sp would be amazing.

I can't wait either..

Nov. 19, 2013, 8:27 p.m.

Source?

Nov. 26, 2013, 6:22 p.m.

I have never ridden a Commencal, and I can't find any dealers that might even have one in stock. It looks like a nice frame and is substantially less expensive than the Evil, but the general lack of presence in the US market means that the company may be a bit hard to deal with if anything goes wrong. I know they have a US distributor and have been in contact with them, but I'm always a little bit skeptical of the reliability and longevity of support from super small distributors for foreign brands.

When looking at the Meta's, I'm always reminded of a lighter splinter mx. Main difference being the linkage orientation but both are linkage driven single pivots and quite low.

After googling the Uprising, have you taken a look at any Devinci offering?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs