Chris King BB's

Oct. 29, 2008, midnight

exactly, will the anodizing match my Hope gear?

email them and ask

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 29, 2008, 6:50 a.m.

exactly, will the anodizing match my Hope gear?

Get the color you want and it should be a damn close match. but if someone is going to notice the difference… its just bling factor.

Mark my words please believe my soul lives on
Please dont worry now that I have gone
Ive gone beyond to see the truth

When you know that your time is close at hand
Maybe then youll begin to understand
Life down there is just a strange illusion.

Oct. 29, 2008, 8:38 a.m.

I'm joking guys…

Check my stuff for sale!

Oct. 29, 2008, 8:41 a.m.

I'm joking guys…

so was i… ;)

Mark my words please believe my soul lives on
Please dont worry now that I have gone
Ive gone beyond to see the truth

When you know that your time is close at hand
Maybe then youll begin to understand
Life down there is just a strange illusion.

Oct. 29, 2008, 8:53 a.m.

if you want to match colour, get hope bb.

Oct. 29, 2008, 10:18 a.m.

Shows the variety of choices that we have and the differences in experiences that can happen.

its a good point…I know riders who have had kings for 5-10 years without issues (including BMX riders who are probably the biggest bike abusers..when I look at my BMX its beaten to sh*t with dents, scratches and chunks missing everywhere)

the problems I had with the Diablous seatpost was that the serrations in the clamp sheared after coming down very heavy on the saddle, making the post incapable of holding the saddle in the right orientation…RF was not interested in any warranty

the problems I had with the Diablous cranks were mainly related to them working loose constantly (despite good setup, loctite and correct torque), aweful creaking and the bearings going very crunchy way too quickly

as the RF cranks use a friction fitted-spline system (rather than the clamp-up splines on the Shimano HT2), once the driveside axle socket is flogged (enlarged) the crankset is toast

but again I know people who had no problems with their Diablous crankset, apart from the cr*ppy b/b which they replaced with Shimano's Mtn HT2 cupset

it all seems a bit of a lottery really ;)

Yeah the only complaint I have about the Diabolus cranks are the bearings, (which incidentally I have replaced with Shimano BB cups). Otherwise they are a great crankset (except for the weight). Going to the new Saint this year though, gonna try something new.

Shed head!

Oct. 29, 2008, 10:25 a.m.

When I was talking to King at I-bike they were VERY specific that the BB could only be used with 24mm cranks with a proper bearing preloading system. This would mean that only Shimano cranks (ALL) and FSA's aluminum cranks (think Gravity Light) would be acceptable (these designs all have pinch bolts to fix the cranks and a preload bolt to adjust bearing tension EXCEPT XTR which uses a different bearing tensioning system).

RaceFace (ALL) and FSA's carbon cranks (think K-Force light) do not have independent adjustments for preload and crank-fixing, just one big bolt and specific spacing tolerances. These cranks would not be acceptable.

-D

On a totally unrelated note… do yourself a favour and only buy external BB cranks, or bikes with external BB cranks, that allow you adjust bearing preload independently from actually keeping the non-drive (or in Race Face's case the drive-arm) on your bike.

You may thank me for it someday.

"The Chris King Bottom Bracket is compatible with the external type cranks systems from Shimano, Race Face, and Full Speed Ahead."

I got that from the CK website.

Jan. 15, 2009, 8:05 p.m.

Anybody else pick one up yet?

My Shimano bearings died. Picked up a King, and just installed it.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Jan. 15, 2009, 9:23 p.m.

Anybody else pick one up yet?

My Shimano bearings died. Picked up a King, and just installed it.

blang blang…

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 15, 2009, 11:49 p.m.

"The Chris King Bottom Bracket is compatible with the external type cranks systems from Shimano, Race Face, and Full Speed Ahead."

I got that from the CK website.

I trust Drew more than i trust the internet.

Jan. 16, 2009, 2:38 a.m.

looks like I was underclaiming.

I think your scale is bunk.. better retract all your Tang weights..

IT'S 23 GRAMS. THAT IS LIKE THE WEIGHT OF A SMALL CLUMP OF MUD STUCK TO YOUR BIKE

__

Jan. 16, 2009, 8:42 a.m.

On a totally unrelated note… do yourself a favour and only buy external BB cranks, or bikes with external BB cranks, that allow you adjust bearing preload independently from actually keeping the non-drive (or in Race Face's case the drive-arm) on your bike.

You may thank me for it someday.

Or better yet, systems that don't preload a bearing that's not designed for thrust loads. I thought RF had addressed the issue of over constraining theircrank/BB interface.

Feb. 9, 2009, 7:28 p.m.

my bb has arrived and its super-smooth and real purdy. what else can you say, its a bloody bb.

Feb. 9, 2009, 8:25 p.m.

oh oh pics lets see this bad boy. and most important what colour?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 9, 2009, 8:40 p.m.

IT'S 23 GRAMS. THAT IS LIKE THE WEIGHT OF A SMALL CLUMP OF MUD STUCK TO YOUR BIKE

__

your shouting doesn't make your bike lighter.. taking out the 23g bb sleeve does..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.