Bikeroom - the good

Feb. 3, 2007, 11:55 p.m.

It's not like discussion's of Bikeroom's business practises haven't been discussed here a dozen times in the past. How many times more does it have to be discussed before people understand that using that place is like playing Russian Roulette.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 4, 2007, 12:21 a.m.

It's not like discussion's of Bikeroom's business practises haven't been discussed here a dozen times in the past. How many times more does it have to be discussed before people understand that using that place is like playing Russian Roulette.

Might as well be receiving that $7500 cheque for your $500 bike, cashing it and sending the $7000 back.

People are stupid. There are eons of threads warning of BR's practices and yet, people, still, shop there. Then come onto the boards to bitch and add another thread to the eons posted before.

Meh.

Sober

Feb. 4, 2007, 1:18 a.m.

Bikeroom has always advertised good deals, now maybe more poeple will utilize them.

Feb. 4, 2007, 10:21 a.m.

I saw this post on pinkbike…saying they are closed now… as in FOREVER

Feb. 4, 2007, 1:38 p.m.

I saw this post on pinkbike…saying they are closed now… as in FOREVER

if you spell pinkbike backwards you get bullshit.

not Ryder

Feb. 4, 2007, 2:23 p.m.

I know that there have been horrendous problems with BR in the past but i have never had a problem with them personally, well except for a returned item that took a while to get straight. I even bought a 66 SL 1 ATA off of the in early December and I got a truely smoking deal and got it within the week.

Then there are the other stories….

Well at least I got my fork and didn't have my card charged a dozen times.

Feb. 4, 2007, 2:33 p.m.

Well at least I got my fork and didn't have my card charged a dozen times.

… Yet.

Sober

Feb. 4, 2007, 7:04 p.m.

… Yet.

Hahahah…

ok now that is kinda funny..

:ohthedrama:

Feb. 4, 2007, 7:08 p.m.

Personally, I've never had an issue with them.

same here.

send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School…and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.

EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!

Feb. 4, 2007, 7:41 p.m.

wrong. russian roulette would imply you have a chance in winning. i would say shopping with bikerooms is akin to playing 3-card monte in a back alley in vegas. sure it looks like easy money but there is no way to win.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Feb. 4, 2007, 8:52 p.m.

I remember people having all these same issues since the inception of the Bikeroom. Yet people continued to get burned. Fast forward to now and there's still people ordering stuff from them and getting burned. Damn, I've got some snake oil to unload…

Feb. 4, 2007, 9:39 p.m.

wrong. russian roulette would imply you have a chance in winning.

:lol: :lol:

You made a good funny.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 4, 2007, 11:40 p.m.

You have 6 months to charge back purchases on your VISA. Same thing happens if you have an EFT that goes out of your bank account.

If you bought something, were charged before it was shipped (unless it was a special order item), and you have not received it within a few weeks, and you can not reach the seller, go to VISA right away.

All you need for riding is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.

Feb. 5, 2007, 8:15 p.m.

i find both sad and humorous that there are bikeroom staff on this site and in this thread yet no one is stepping up to answer anyones questions. way to go guys.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Feb. 5, 2007, 10:18 p.m.

i find both sad and humorous that there are bikeroom staff on this site and in this thread yet no one is stepping up to answer anyones questions. way to go guys.

It's neither sad nor humorous - it's their business model.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells