Been pushed ?

June 6, 2016, 12:25 p.m.

Thx guys. I've been in touch with suspensionwerx and will be using their service
Cheers

June 6, 2016, 2:21 p.m.

Thx guys. I've been in touch with suspensionwerx and will be using their service
Cheers

Best money your going to spend on your bike this year!

June 9, 2016, 12:28 p.m.

We offer a variety of custom tuning options on both shocks and forks - there is definitely no "MAY" going on. Sometimes its a simple factory re-valve to get more support for a heavier rider and often we go in and completely re-valve shocks.

Hmmm. Thats not what SW told me couple years back when I wanted my fox DHX air tuned or improved as it sucked big time. You suggested I buy a newer rp23 with boost valve as those are more tunable. To me I interpreted that as there was no improving the DHX shock in any meaningful way.

June 9, 2016, 1:16 p.m.

Hmmm. Thats not what SW told me couple years back when I wanted my fox DHX air tuned or improved as it sucked big time. You suggested I buy a newer rp23 with boost valve as those are more tunable. To me I interpreted that as there was no improving the DHX shock in any meaningful way.

to be fair to SW. as a person who owned both shocks the RP23 is a way better (more tunable) shock for every riding type except big hit riding..

i down rite hated the ride quality of the DHX air, but instantly loved the same bike with a RP23 installed…

June 11, 2016, 8:07 a.m.

We don't see many DHX Air shocks anymore (lots of DHX 5.0 coil shocks still out and about) and when we do it is only for service as riders are trying to keep bikes running "one more season" or have bought something used to get into the market.

There are a few hop-ups for the shock (PUSH IFP tends to improve the performance later in the service interval by doing a better job of separating oil from air) and they can absolutely be re-valved, but the fact is they were never a particularly resilient shock and other than heat dissipation a custom tuned RP23 was a notably better shock on ~ every bike at the time.

We regularly recommended, at the time, that riders consider investing the money they were going to spend on a DHX Air 5.0 rebuild and etc and instead put it into an RP23 BV (we included a custom tune with the sale of the shock).

I don't think you would find anyone who went ahead with the switch, again at the time, who didn't absolutely agree with the advice afterwards.

So yes, the DHX Air shocks can be custom valved (we still see a fair number of the coil equivalents into the shop for service and we re-valve a fair number of these) but the best practice wouldn't be to do it.

Apologies if that wasn't clear at the time.

It certainly doesn't change the fact that, whichever shock you are running and wherever you choose to get it done, it is a really good idea (both from a performance and longevity perspective) to get your damper serviced every ~ 100hrs of riding (not just the air can).

www.suspensionwerx.com

Now booking appointments for all services:

E-Mail: info@suspensionwerx

_

Summer Shop Hours:
MONDAY - FRIDAY, 11am-7pm & SATURDAY 8am-4pm

Fall / Winter Shop Hours:
TUESDAY - FRIDAY, 11am-7pm

July 11, 2016, 7:51 p.m.

Props to suspensionwerx. Very happy with the work. Money well spent. Bike feels better than new. The baseline adjustments James set were a great start. Few tweaks here and there and I couldn't be happier.