Been pushed ?

June 1, 2016, 8:30 p.m.

I've got a tired fox float 36 and an rp23 on my five year old enduro. I had a rebuild done n them a few years ago. They are feeling rough to say the least. I looked at suspensionworx. Is the push worth it?
I ride a fair bit.
I know. An old 26" bike. It works great. I love the bike and have to squeeze a little more life out of it. Just looking for feedback

June 2, 2016, 7:59 a.m.

I'm a long-time Suspensionwerx evangelist. Getting your gear tuned up properly makes a huge difference to your bike. It's a relatively inexpensive upgrade that makes a huge improvement. If your fork and shock haven't been serviced in 5 years then it's definitely time!

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 2, 2016, 9:17 a.m.

SW are suspension gods and will make them better than new.

:canada:

June 2, 2016, 9:23 a.m.

Those rp23s should be opened up every 20hrs and lubed up. 15 minute job and keeps the shock feeling great.

Hmmm maybe I should start my own suspension service shop in tri cities..

June 2, 2016, 8:02 p.m.

Thx for the feedback guys. I had my suspension serviced at my lbs two and a bit years ago. They rebuilt the fork and shock. I am just wondering what the difference is having suspension worx do it over my local shop? I am leaning towards suspensionworx.

June 2, 2016, 9:13 p.m.

Any grease monkey can take apart these forks/shocks, clean and lubricate, new oil, etc.

Shops like suspension works MAY be able to do custom tuning to tune the device for your application (weight, frame, riding style,etc)

They can't do custom tuning on everything tho.

If your gear hasn't been serviced in 2 years then it's all dry and sticky. Bone dry fox foam rings lol

June 2, 2016, 9:47 p.m.

Any grease monkey can take apart these forks/shocks, clean and lubricate, new oil, etc.

Shops like suspension works MAY be able to do custom tuning to tune the device for your application (weight, frame, riding style,etc)

If your gear hasn't been serviced in 2 years then it's all dry and sticky. Bone dry fox foam rings lol

Word. Never understood the big deal. It's not that complicated but then again most people can't adjust a derailleur… and 200$ for a suspension tune up is crazy.:crazy:

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

June 2, 2016, 9:59 p.m.

If I had to choose between your local shop and Suspension Works I'd take it to James.

They will do far more than any local shop would/could do.

Proper suspension service is more than just dropping lowers and popping off an air can.

Edit - To actually answer the OP's question, James is absolutely worth the money. You will not regret it. If it has been as long as you say without proper suspension service then it will be the biggest improvement you could possibly make to the quality of your bike's ride.

BUT keep in mind if it's been that long without service you are likely looking at more than just labor and seals, you've likely worn the shit out of some of the internals.

June 3, 2016, 5:39 a.m.

Thx thaaad
You did answer my question

June 3, 2016, 1:01 p.m.

Suspensionwerx is worth the money but regardless it should be done yearly by them or your local shop.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

June 4, 2016, 9:28 a.m.

What exactly is pushed?

June 5, 2016, 4:38 p.m.

What exactly is pushed?

Means being sent to http://www.pushindustries.com/ in Colorado. They offer many of the same services as Suspensionwerx.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 6, 2016, 8:26 a.m.

Thank you everybody, we really appreciate the support and the props!

A few quick notes.

1) Unless if you have a nitrogen charging set-up the only service that is possible on a Fox Float inline shock (RP23/CTD/DPS) is a basic air can service. As you note this can be great preventative maintenance, but for proper damper support the shock should be fully rebuilt (damper oil, seals, and nitrogen charge) every ~100hrs of riding.

2) We offer a variety of custom tuning options on both shocks and forks - there is definitely no "MAY" going on. Sometimes its a simple factory re-valve to get more support for a heavier rider and often we go in and completely re-valve shocks.

In the case of the PUSH tunes - speaking strictly of the OPs Float shock - we replace the stock Boost Valve guts with a custom PUSH shim stack (based on rider weight, bike, desired performance), PUSH's own High Flow Piston, and the seals are their spec.

We also offer a "Dynamic" valving solution for Fox FIT forks (RLC/CTD) that dramatically increases mid-stroke support and initial small bump compliance/traction and a custom tuning program for the new FIT-4 dampers as well.

To the OP. If you haven't had your suspension serviced for a couple of years you will definitely notice the difference a full factory service (including having your dampers rebuilt) will make.

It may not make sense for you to spend the extra money to have your shock PUSHed, but we can definitely look at a range of tuning options, based on what you are hoping to get out of your bike, from the regular service, to a basic re-valve, to a full PUSH tune. Please fire us an e-mail ([email protected]) if you would like more information.

Take care,

www.suspensionwerx.com

Now booking appointments for all services:

E-Mail: info@suspensionwerx

_

Summer Shop Hours:
MONDAY - FRIDAY, 11am-7pm & SATURDAY 8am-4pm

Fall / Winter Shop Hours:
TUESDAY - FRIDAY, 11am-7pm

June 6, 2016, 8:38 a.m.

having your suspension serviced by James is like having the hands of GOD touch your bike..

not even kidding…:nerd:

June 6, 2016, 11:30 a.m.

OP: I have a 2011 bike with a Fox 36 VAN (coil with FIT damper) and a RP2 shock. SuspensionWerx did an amazing job on it after it was neglected for 2 years. Especially the shock as I'm a heavier guy. I had Dunbar service both after a year of riding and they also did a great job, but I would go to SW for stuff that is in need of a lot of love.