5 stars for bell super 2r mips

Oct. 18, 2015, 2:07 p.m.

Thanks guys , I hope my crash if anything convinces/reminds people that full faces are not a bad idea.
I am really happy with my super 2r as far as it saving my teeth etc , I was lucky in last bad crash when I was wearing a fox flux and did not lose my teeth or break my jaw.
I always wear my troylee elbow/forearm pads and ixs carve knees they have served me well.
Im 48 only been riding mtb since 2010, last rode trails back in the late 80's in ontario. I was wwkayaker for 20plus years and never had any bad injuries just close calls. Gravity and rocks hurt a whole lot more.
Stay Safe

Oct. 20, 2015, 8:18 a.m.

Got my last Kidney test back they are fine, I was told i was dehydrated and injury stressed them out.
found I have a fracture in my finger, but nothing i can do for it except time. Ribs are very sore but am going to hit the ellipitcal trainer to get them stretched and healing faster.
Thanks all I am fine.
Wear a full face everyone :)

Oct. 20, 2015, 12:50 p.m.

The Super does not fit me very well at all and I climb and XC most of the time so I don't want a regular full face. Still I do think these kinds of helmets have merit.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Oct. 20, 2015, 12:54 p.m.

Wow glad you sound to be on the road to recovery

I picked one of the super 2rs up this spring and have been happy with it. I bring the chin bar on most rides even if I don't think I'll need it. Sometimes it comes out sometimes not.

Hope to never really test it but glad I have it considering the speeds we reach with trees around.

Oct. 20, 2015, 1:22 p.m.

Anyone know what shops in Van/North Van carry the Super 2R? Too lazy to check the Bell website and call shops. My Giro XC helmet doesn't have a ton of coverage on the back and since I carry a pack with lots of crap in it anyway, may as well add a chin bar.

Oct. 20, 2015, 1:59 p.m.

Anyone know what shops in Van/North Van carry the Super 2R? Too lazy to check the Bell website and call shops. My Giro XC helmet doesn't have a ton of coverage on the back and since I carry a pack with lots of crap in it anyway, may as well add a chin bar.

Cove and Lynn Valley Bikes sell them.

Oct. 20, 2015, 2 p.m.

The Super does not fit me very well at all and I climb and XC most of the time so I don't want a regular full face. Still I do think these kinds of helmets have merit.

The MIPS version fits different than the reg super2r ,have you tried both?

Oct. 28, 2015, 11:09 a.m.

Three rides in with my Super 2r and I am loving the versatility. Great helmet.

Oct. 28, 2015, 11:48 a.m.

The MIPS version fits different than the reg super 2 ,have you tried both?

I tried the first Super without the chin bar and it sat too low and the shape was not quite right. I tried one the other week that had the chin bar but don't recall if it was the MIPS version or not. I'll try again sometime to confirm. Seems from my window view at the moment that the season of wet and slippy has begun in earnest and more protection is in order.

Edit: the MIPS super 2 does fit differently. Fits me well so I may have to consider this.

Oct. 29, 2015, 11:02 a.m.

I tried on a size large Bell Super 2R @ Dunbar on the weekend and it was not even close to fitting, way too small. I fit an XL in Giro helmets (XC, full face and ski helmets) very well, but it seems that Bell doesn't make a size bigger than large in the 2R :(

Is anyone besides Bell making an "enduro" style helmet with removable chin bar?

Oct. 29, 2015, 11:05 a.m.

I tried on a size large Bell Super 2R @ Dunbar on the weekend and it was not even close to fitting, way too small. I fit an XL in Giro helmets (XC, full face and ski helmets) very well, but it seems that Bell doesn't make a size bigger than large in the 2R :(

You sir have a large melon… I did some research into enduro helmets before I got my Super 2R and I didn't find another with the removable chin bar… Met has the parachute but the chin bar is fully integrated…

Oct. 29, 2015, 12:25 p.m.

Lazer have one coming but not yet available. Kind of different looking. I think it has three parts though. Half shell helmet, ear pieces and the chin bar all removable although I think you need the ear bits for the chin bar.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/lazer-revolution-delivers-modular-design-to-enduro-helmets-45486/

Oct. 29, 2015, 8:48 p.m.

not bad

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 30, 2015, 11:39 a.m.

Hmm gonna go give it another shot, I tried pulling the display model on my head with the chin bar on and it immediately felt was too small. Reading more it sounds like you can take some padding out to make it bigger, maybe the display model had them all in.

Really liking the idea of having a chin bar for descents since most riding I do is defined up and downs.

Nov. 3, 2015, 10:51 a.m.

Took a hard high-speed digger off an ice covered structure today with the Super 2R… head definitely hit the ground.. there is a loonie sized dent at my right temple and some dirt on the chinbar… no ill effects. I guess its already proven its value after 5 rides.