5 stars for bell super 2r mips

Oct. 16, 2015, 3:55 p.m.

Both kidneys or just one? I know a rider that landed on the end of his handlebar and he lost a kidney as a result. No operation or anything and it was I think absorbed by the body when the one kidney stopped functioning from the damage. Doc told him that was a fluke accident and told him no reason to stop riding. Hope it works out well for you. Considering such a helmet myself for next time I replace one because i am riding harder and these last three weeks I've crashed four times. Nothing particularly serious but my chin did brush against something in one crash. No marks but the skin burned for about an hour. Weird. But it demonstrates how little control you have when you down unexpectedly.

I did not take a hit to my kidneys , but my protein count way up at top end of chart. Dr thinks it is unrelated and got lucky to find out by accident..

Oct. 16, 2015, 8:50 p.m.

I did not take a hit to my kidneys , but my protein count way up at top end of chart. Dr thinks it is unrelated and got lucky to find out by accident..

Oh dear. Hope it's nothing serious.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Oct. 17, 2015, 10:06 a.m.

Got my ultrasound results last night= Normal phew
Also got another blood test results and my protein count was normal?
No idea what is going on, maybe lab screwed up first test or I was really dehydrated and stressed out my kidneys temporarily . Feeling better now.
Now to get my concussion healed and and my hand useable again. (baby finger swollen like a sausage)
Thanks for the support

Oct. 17, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

Just ordered a Super 2r after yesterday's crash… a little too close for comfort with cuts on top and bottom lip. Cheaper than a dental plan.

Oct. 17, 2015, 11:57 a.m.

Just ordered a Super 2r after yesterday's crash… a little too close for comfort with cuts on top and bottom lip. Cheaper than a dental plan.

Turns out Bell also has a decent crash replacement policy. Ask me how I know.

And thanks to my previous Bell helmet, I still remember what happened.

Oct. 17, 2015, 12:49 p.m.

good call. They are really comfy and give you that bit of confidence that is rather nice to have.

Oct. 17, 2015, 4:13 p.m.

Turns out Bell also has a decent crash replacement policy. Ask me how I know.

And thanks to my previous Bell helmet, I still remember what happened.

Hi are you in canada?
wonderding how it works here..

Oct. 17, 2015, 4:42 p.m.

Hi are you in canada?

OGC is the Canadian distributor. Your LBS should be able to handle this for you.

Oct. 17, 2015, 5:06 p.m.

Glad your guts are ok!

I've been riding with an enduro type helmet this year but this thread has got me thinking maybe I should go back to full face. I already had one concussion this year but managed to keep my face/teeth safe. Your accident could've happened to any one of us and it might not always turn out so well..

I ride bikes, when I can.

Oct. 17, 2015, 6:52 p.m.

Glad your guts are ok!

I've been riding with an enduro type helmet this year but this thread has got me thinking maybe I should go back to full face. I already had one concussion this year but managed to keep my face/teeth safe. Your accident could've happened to any one of us and it might not always turn out so well..

Earlier this year I did this before I got my super2r

Oct. 17, 2015, 8:02 p.m.

I'm in the same boat. Recently crashed, just about broke my nose and got a legit concussion (wearing my Bell Super and no eye protection). Got some fresh glasses and goggles and am now going to ride with my full face wherever possible. I think we take for granted how fast we're riding the same trails we used to ride wearing way more protection.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Oct. 17, 2015, 10:29 p.m.

kinda what i was saying. as far as i can tell, most people i know ride harder and faster than ever, steeper trails, etc. and no one wears full face. that seemed to die a couple yrs ago. i can't say i've had those close calls but i've seen the face injuries on others and decided to get the hybrid helmet. mind you i don't wear the chin bar often but with the onset of night riding and wet, i think it will stay on most the winter. again, i feel like an outlier though, i never see these helmets or any full face short of bike parks.

Oct. 18, 2015, 9:34 a.m.

I took almost five years off riding and I found it quite strange when I came back and I was in the minority now riding with full shin and elbow pads and a FF helmet! Wearing a FF has saved my face twice in the past. I think I might try one of these hybrids as I feel way too exposed in my half shell, but don't want to ride up climbing trails in the full face.

Oct. 18, 2015, 10:14 a.m.

this is why I ride a hardtail now. dualies are so fast, a lot harder with a hardtail to ride at the same speed. to old for crashes like that now! hope you heal well.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Oct. 18, 2015, 2:03 p.m.

Hi are you in canada?

Yep, OGC. I got their number from Dunbar where I bought the helmet. They'll cover 30-40% of the cost as far as I recall. I exchanged a Bell super for a Bell Super 2 with MIPS for something like $99. They have a distributor warehouse down at the very south end of Main Street in Vancouver and I did the exchange down there. At first I overpaid, and they actually called me back and credited my account! So yeah, service was appreciated.

And after all that, I'm going to invest in a chin bar asap.

Quinn