'09 dhr - dw link

Sept. 8, 2008, 9:16 p.m.

2009 Turners will still be made at Sapa in Portland.

hmmm… is that were evil will be manufactured, if they do in fact exist?

while your sitten at your desk im banging laps.

Sept. 8, 2008, 10:51 p.m.

hmmm… is that were evil will be manufactured, if they do in fact exist?

Sapa welds Turner, Titus, Moots and Knolly that I know. I would guess they also do a few other small batches of other guys.

I am starting to think that whole Evil thing or "unknown" company was just some badly played press hype for some vapour ware.

Sept. 9, 2008, 8:35 a.m.

Sapa welds Turner, Titus, Moots and Knolly that I know. I would guess they also do a few other small batches of other guys.

I am starting to think that whole Evil thing or "unknown" company was just some badly played press hype for some vapour ware.

I'm starting to think the same but dave swears a proto will be out in the next month or two…

dear DW,
since you got like a million bucks now, can i borrow $2850 for a Revolt frame?

thanks,
steve

Sept. 9, 2008, 8:41 a.m.

I'm starting to think the same but dave swears a proto will be out in the next month or two…

dave who and a proto of what?

Sept. 9, 2008, 8:44 a.m.

dave who and a proto of what?

davem…proto of a fast norco.

…I thought since I quoted a post about Evil and the only daversation in this thread was about dw, it was a safe bet to refer to him as dave.

Let me rephrase :)

DW said everything was stupid busy (prob cause of the turner?) and would have an evil proto out in the next month or so. Shame they didn't get it out for eurobike but that's life. I'm starting to think it will never happen though…

dear DW,

thanks,
steve

Sept. 9, 2008, 10:10 a.m.

rumor has it there will be an evil lineup @ interbike.

Sept. 9, 2008, 10:34 a.m.

DW said everything was stupid busy (prob cause of the turner?) and would have an evil proto out in the next month or so. Shame they didn't get it out for eurobike but that's life. I'm starting to think it will never happen though…

I wonder if they will be using the split pivot? Evil has publicly stated on Ridemonkey that the will not be building a dw-link bike.

Sept. 9, 2008, 11:45 a.m.

Good question. We knew from the start that the evil bike was not going to be a dwlink'd bike. Seeing how DW is going after Trek for the split pivot design I wonder if the evil is designed around the split pivot….guess we'll see when it hits.

dear DW,

thanks,
steve

Sept. 9, 2008, 11:58 a.m.

i'm wondering if evil will even offer a squishy bike. it's outside of their original scope. never really seemed like a 'mountain bike' brand as much as a dj / urban one. developing [HTML_REMOVED] building a new suspension platform is a big leap for a new domestic company. i predict more hardtails. of course, we have no clue of the brand's new direction.

Sept. 11, 2008, 10:04 a.m.

so what is a DW link? I mean I understand the basic idea but how exactly does is vary from these?
Giant
Cove
Santa Cruz

Basically you figure out where the instant center is and the nuts and bolts of DW patent boils down to, if the IC through its stroke crosses over any point on the lower link then it is a DW.

The first picture looks like it could near bottom out but the last 2 don't look like they would so would be a problem. The latest Cover Hustler however did cross over the lower link and DW did the ole :nono:

Also interesting was that the ABP [trek] and DW split pivot are 2 different things. Yes they share the same link around the axle but that is only one part… ABP also has the floating shock where as Daves doesn't so it looks like they both could independantly still get patents.
However the real interesting thing is apparantly there is a patent from 1890 something that already has a pivot around an axle so both the Trek and DW split may not get awarded… we'll have to see if they've managed to wordsmith their applications well enough to satisfy the USPTO that infact they have something unique.
So many things happening right now… its pretty cool to see.

~22Pride~

I do private bike camps as well but they are for ladies only and usually involve a sleepover.

Sept. 20, 2008, 7:44 p.m.

1st proto is done:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209286

Sept. 20, 2008, 7:51 p.m.

1st proto is done:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209286

the ht angle looks steep… even though it's 64.5
standover looks high as well.

I wonder how it rides.

Sept. 20, 2008, 7:57 p.m.

looks nice. i would definitely be interested in one.

wow does shock link make for a tight looking tire fit.

Sept. 20, 2008, 8:05 p.m.

It's not really doin it for me now that I see one in the pictorial flesh. I wonder if it will change much now that they have a proto built.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

Sept. 20, 2008, 8:16 p.m.

so they have a 1st prototype made and plan to deliver frames by march 09. dont really feel like being the ginuea pig/r[HTML_REMOVED]d tester on a $2500+ frame

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.