Why are bicycling commuters such dicks?

Oct. 23, 2013, 2:08 p.m.

So….where do you lot stand on EScooters in bike lanes?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 23, 2013, 2:12 p.m.

There are magnitudes of asshole-ness however. Asshole on a bike = Can get himself killed (maybe in rare cases a pedestrian)

Asshole in a car = Can get pedestrians, cyclists, and people in other vehicles killed with minimal effort.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Oct. 23, 2013, 3:03 p.m.

Depends on whether an asshole is riding it.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 23, 2013, 3:04 p.m.

I don't really have much time for e-scooters or electric bikes but they do allow me test my live and live beliefs.

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Oct. 23, 2013, 4:40 p.m.

Those irrationally irritate me, I cannot explain why.

Oct. 23, 2013, 4:41 p.m.

There are magnitudes of asshole-ness however. Asshole on a bike = Can get himself killed (maybe in rare cases a pedestrian)

Asshole in a car = Can get pedestrians, cyclists, and people in other vehicles killed with minimal effort.

Way I look at it, it's not really a life or death issue, it's just about being considerate to other people. Even if I cannot understand why they would choose to ride an electric scooter.

Oct. 23, 2013, 5:10 p.m.

Depends on whether an asshole is riding it.

I don't really have much time for e-scooters or electric bikes but they do allow me test my live and live beliefs.

Those irrationally irritate me, I cannot explain why.

just have fun dropping them as they try to keep up, works great on hills. then if they catch up to you at a light you can just give them that "you suck" look as you pull away again.

good times.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 23, 2013, 5:49 p.m.

just have fun dropping them as they try to keep up, works great on hills. then if they catch up to you at a light you can just give them that "you suck" look as you pull away again.

good times.

Or watch them almost get smacked by a track or bus .

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 23, 2013, 7:01 p.m.

I prefer Escooters driving in bike lanes to cars driving in bike lanes any day.

Oct. 24, 2013, 9:18 a.m.

I prefer Escooters driving in bike lanes to cars driving in bike lanes any day.

Followed a lady in a Suzuki Tracker for two blocks down the Dunsmuir bike lane the other day… She must have run over one of those yellow pylons to even get in there.

Oct. 24, 2013, 9:59 a.m.

Followed a lady in a Suzuki Tracker for two blocks down the Dunsmuir bike lane the other day… She must have run over one of those yellow pylons to even get in there.

First day those went in I had to stop because a taxi was reversing up it. The first few weeks were really sketchy.

Oct. 24, 2013, 11:12 a.m.

It's kind of sad when you think about it.

20 years ago cities like Van and Toronto had next to no bike lanes and people acted better. Now there are bike lanes and routes. And people act like spoilt brats.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 24, 2013, 12:05 p.m.

good times.

LOL good luck trying that against something like this

It will do 35mph on the flats. It's a home built stealth e-bike commuter killer.