Burns lake bike park

July 15, 2012, 10:12 p.m.

http://www.burnslaketrails.ca/

We spent the weekend camping/canoeing/riding at Burns lake and I was pretty impressed, they got good free camping, the lake is right there

http://burntbikes.com/

some really nice trails and these guys ^^^ do a 4$ per ride shuttle on weekends or you can do your own, the road to the top of Boer mtn is pretty good

a lot of voly effort and grant money …check it out if you are ever up there

July 15, 2012, 10:29 p.m.

Nothing to see here….move along now…

Pastor of Muppets

July 15, 2012, 10:43 p.m.

Yup, they've got a nice jem there!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 16, 2012, 8:09 a.m.

I really liked that damn near every turn is properly bermed and the trails are all pretty smooth

Its also a great family place to dump the misses with small kids at the lake, there are great camp sites around the lake so the "1st Fam canoe camping trip" would be real easy, clean pit toilets everywhere, free chopped fire wood everywhere

And there was nobody there on sunday, some locals and some buds from Smithers [HTML_REMOVED]12 people cuz BL is SO far from vangroovy no body is ever gona make it up here on a weekend it would need to be a 1 week tour, I think a kamloops/BL/Smithers not sure whats in PeeG anymore

July 16, 2012, 8:14 a.m.

Uhh, its bad enough that they let me in up here….do you want the rest of them to show up as well?

Pastor of Muppets

July 16, 2012, 8:56 a.m.

And there was nobody there on sunday, some locals and some buds from Smithers [HTML_REMOVED]12 people cuz BL is SO far from vangroovy no body is ever gona make it up here on a weekend it would need to be a 1 week tour, I think a kamloops/BL/Smithers not sure whats in PeeG anymore

This is the plan next summer, except swap Telkwa for the Loops to visit my bro-in-law. Just need to figure out the best week to go as I don't want to get eaten alive by bugs.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

July 16, 2012, 9:30 a.m.

Terrace has some good riding too. Apparently pg does but it's hard to find as their building/riding season is limited.

Our trip report when we were there in aug/sept 2010
http://www.leelau.net/sharonandlee/central-bc/

It takes the same amount of time to get to Smithers as it does to Moab…

I can't recal the bugs being that bad when we were there.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

July 16, 2012, 10:12 a.m.

The bugs are about the same as they are in the bush on the shore.

Pastor of Muppets

July 16, 2012, 10:45 a.m.

If Boer mtn was in the Fraser valley there would have been a full campsite/full overflow and definatley [HTML_REMOVED] a hundred riders

Instead there was [HTML_REMOVED] a doz and I actualy knew them all from skiing cuz its just such a long ways up here which is why I never worry about the skiing or biking getting busy up here, I will be dead by the time it gets crazy if that ever happens and so while I tell everyone to move up to settle the place and have a much better life for the $ than in the fraser valley I honestly think they are all afraid of the great white north or SFT and will never actualy come … so just visit and bring $$$

I used to live in Peeg/hung out/worked at a shop and I dunno whats happening over there, I have heard that whomever hands out the govy $ in PeeG wasn't giving out the bucks like the locals guys in BL/Smithers but I don't know why?

The bugs weren't too bad last weekend but in fact bugs have not been bad this year, later in the summer is better in fact if you can swing September the bugs and all signs of life will be gone for sure except on the river cuz telkwa in september is seriously world class steelhead fishing …people come and spend mega$$$$$$