Money Shot - Week Three Winner

March 27, 2007, 10:16 a.m.

HAHAHAHAHAH wow i cant believe i won it…thats like the only good pic i have ever taken and im not even that great at photography. Oh yah btw Cam, um maybe you could change the Photographer to Jason Liang. Thanks alot!!

Jason

Do you know why the live action doesn't match the big screen?

March 27, 2007, 10:46 a.m.

nice pics, and his comment at the end is worth being taken to every aspiring photographer's heart.

he is talking shop as in "craft". nice one. :)

and smoke, the ferns do they glow in the dark?

Exactly. I think RunG had a lock on at least an honourable mention for the way he's putting his shots together but blew it on overtweaking the pics.

Sort of like when Homer invented the make-up gun, but set it on "whore."

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

March 27, 2007, 11:43 a.m.

HAHAHAHAHAH wow i cant believe i won it…thats like the only good pic i have ever taken and im not even that great at photography. Oh yah btw Cam, um maybe you could change the Photographer to Jason Liang. Thanks alot!!

Jason

I think you better sort out who shot the pic with your Dad Jason :lol:

March 27, 2007, 11:53 a.m.

You accumulate some delay in video chain before it can be displayed on the screen, you'll see it in all the photos taken of that drop, Reid's B[HTML_REMOVED]W one has it too.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

March 27, 2007, 12:06 p.m.

to be honest, i liked runner-up number two the best out of all of them. i often find i prefer that somewhat unpolished look to pics as it reminds me of taking shots with my riding buddies and it's easier to place myself in the picture. i have much more emotional attachment to the imperfect pics. for me, pics that are "too good" are hard to relate to, it's just an image.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 27, 2007, 12:25 p.m.

All are great picks - but #1 is a bit busy for my liking. 3 is my fave in this round.

I also couldn't agree more with his comments on using natural light. I am so sick of the remote-flash-look that is so popular these days. Unless done really well, the riders are usually too hot and just end up looking like they were ps'd.

March 27, 2007, 1:48 p.m.

um because the screen is always delayed alittle bit than what is actually happening…

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

March 27, 2007, 1:53 p.m.

um because the screen is always delayed alittle bit than what is actually happening…

No need for the sarcasm. It was an honest question.

March 27, 2007, 2:35 p.m.

No need for the sarcasm. It was an honest question.

there wasnt any sarcasm, i just said cuz the screen was delayed, alot of people have asked me the same question before.

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

March 27, 2007, 4:47 p.m.

there wasnt any sarcasm, i just said cuz the screen was delayed, alot of people have asked me the same question before.

Guess I misinterpreted the "um" and "…".

Back on topic. Great pics everyone. Thanks to Sterling for the photo notes as well. Gives everyone a better understanding of why the top ones are chosen and why others are not.

March 28, 2007, 9:49 a.m.

i guess my comment wasnt backed up that well. maybe im used to the other contests ive entered. what i meant by essance is the purpose of it. In my opinion a 'winning" photo should capture an image that is unique in its own, eather by captureing a unique situation that could only have been seen through the eyes of that one photographer. or a image of something seen in a different prospective. if that makes any sence. it does in my mind. the reason i disagreed with the winning image of this week was ive seen a million pictures like that one. and it does not inspire any aw in me. although in a technical prespective it is an exellent shot, although it may be a bit crouded as said in a previous post

[email protected]
If at first you dont exeed go faster and BIGGER:duh:

March 28, 2007, 10:40 a.m.

To me a picture is used to tell a story. The winning photo has a beginning, middle and you can use your imagination for the ending. Works for me.

I am a vegetarian not because I love animals but because I HATE plants.

It could be worse…you could be on fire.

March 28, 2007, 1:08 p.m.

great contest, wish we could organize something like that also in Italy.

Best sentence goes to SL:
_First off, props go to Ryder Kasprick for killing it at Crankworx this year and making an image like this possible. The photographers come second in priority in contest photos like this. _

If we ever met I'll offer you a beer (german one).

Ciao Cam!
Marco T.

March 28, 2007, 3:53 p.m.

great contest, wish we could organize something like that also in Italy.

Best sentence goes to SL:
_First off, props go to Ryder Kasprick for killing it at Crankworx this year and making an image like this possible. The photographers come second in priority in contest photos like this. _

If we ever met I'll offer you a beer (german one).

Ciao Cam!
Marco T.

Ciao Marco! Ci vediamo a Cortina D'Ampezzo? O forse a Saalbach?
Spero di si.