Getting to Whistler with 2 bike boxes.

May 10, 2009, 5:34 p.m.

Hey guys, coming to Whistler for the summer in 3 weeks. Was there last year for 3 months too. This year me and my friend are trying to bring our DJ bikes in a seperate bike box, so between 3 of us we will have 4 boxes. This is fine with the airline, but I can't find any bus companies that seem to want to accomodate us. Does anyone have any ideas? I've searched the forums and not really found anything recent, greyhound seems a real pain after a 11 hour flight when the Pacific Coach Lines isn't that much more expensive after a several taxi's (a few of us with boxes!) accross vancouver. I searched these forums and people were talking about "Huckwagon" but I can't seem to find any information for them anywhere and can only imagine they have gone under.

If anyone has any ideas I'm welcome. Got a few buddies there so getting them to rent a truck (We're under 25) might be the only other option but can see that being steeper!

Feel like a n00b for having to ask this having been so many times, Perimeter were fine with a mate doing it last year but they are gone now and from this side of the pond it's hard to find out anything past searching the web!

Cheers for any help

May 10, 2009, 6:09 p.m.

most limo companies offer a airport to whistler service for a flat rate. I want to say its around $200 for it but i'm probly wrong. Maybe whistler resort cabs offers something if they have already pre-booked a fare to the airport which they occasionally do. Get somebody to drive you to whis and drink in class the entire way!

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

May 10, 2009, 6:17 p.m.

SX check ur PMs…

May 11, 2009, 1:35 p.m.

if youre over 21 you can rent a truck

you just have to pay more haha

brokezors

May 11, 2009, 2:13 p.m.

can you ship them to a shop in whistler or where you are staying?

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

May 11, 2009, 3:14 p.m.

Chief, do you know which companies do trucks? 2 out of the 3 of us are over 21. Checked out one way Avis' but they don't have any larger stuff apparently.

Sharon, we have a condo thing in a hotel so could probably ship it but the price is pretty expensive! I shall look into it more though, hadn't really looked since last year.

Cheers for the help guys, keep it coming if you have anymore ideas!

May 11, 2009, 3:14 p.m.

I can't see a limo service allowing you to bring 4 bike boxes assuming they're Trico Iron Case sized or similar… Probably your best bet is to rent a truck.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

May 11, 2009, 3:27 p.m.

what date you going up? i bet someone on here would be willing to drive you up if you filled their truck with gas and bought em lunch after a day of riding

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 11, 2009, 3:41 p.m.

That would be great, infact IFO already offered which was awesome of him! We'll be arriving sunday 31st at about 12 noon - not a good time for people going to whistler! We'd have no problems making it worthwhile for someone! I am just trying to find a way that is hassle free for everyone, it must be a pain for anyone who would be giving us a lift, even after making it worth while! Waiting for a bus company to email us back at the moment who said they may make an exception.

May 11, 2009, 4:37 p.m.

yeah, that's what i thought. IFO's a good shit like that. keep us posted on your progress, i'm sure something will get figured out.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 14, 2009, 12:58 p.m.

national has trucks

brokezors

May 14, 2009, 1:32 p.m.

enterprise rents to 21+
They have mini vans at a good price, I think $50-60 a day

May 15, 2009, 12:50 p.m.

Will any of these companies do one way rental to/from whistler?

May 15, 2009, 4:36 p.m.

I have found only Avis do only one way rentals to Whistler unfortunately, having checked out enterprise and others.

Cheers for the help guys, I really appreciate it! Think we have sorted something out thanks to Casey at Ridebooker.com though which is the easiest and simplest way for everyone involved!