Best way to pull a no-footer? anyone?

May 27, 2005, 12:03 a.m.

I want to learn to pull no-footers. I feel super comfy in the air and have a couple jumps that I know are the ones. If anyone who does them and has any tips let me know. Do you start big cuz you have more time in the air? Do you start small and risk not getting the feet back on the pedals?

Now I just have to balls up and try one. :fro:

Heading up tomorrow should be sweet.

May 27, 2005, 7:39 a.m.

lift feet stright up. then learn to lift up and away.. thats how i learned and not its like riding a bike to me :D

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

May 27, 2005, 7:46 a.m.

i just kicked them, up the to the sides, then back yo your pedals, your first ones wont be super big but just keep threowing them out

:ireland: Pickem-up Truck

May 27, 2005, 8:11 a.m.

Just start small, dont try to do the splits in the air your first time. Just graudally keep extending them more and more. Theyre pretty safe to learn on a small jump. Try to take your feet off evenly too so your cranks wont spin.

May 27, 2005, 8:16 a.m.

I learned them by doing no footed bunnyhops. Once you just get the balls and go for it you will be surprised at how easy they come. Start by just jumping off the pedals while on the ground and then progress to the point that you are able to do them off of jumps, you'll get it.

The Ito

May 27, 2005, 9:01 a.m.

I practiced by just jumping off my pedals with my bike still on the ground and landing back on em. That way I was super confident that I'd find my pedals again.

There's no way you can lift your feet straight up, you gotta throw em out to the side a bit, else they won't ungrip from the pedals.

I guess the only big turning point for me learning them was to just do it, and do it with authority, haha. When you're ready they'll come. I've always had a harder time doing tricks at Whistler though, I'd rather sesh some dirtjumps and do tricks, that way if you bail you're not going 50km/h like you are on A-Line.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

May 27, 2005, 10:45 a.m.

Same as Keef says, practice on the ground, saves a few crashes, I seen Cam McCual do an Indian Air on the ground in Drop in, looked sweet, try em flatly then airly…

mtbskierdad

May 27, 2005, 11:16 a.m.

kick your feet out to the side. Dont pull them up, it is really ugly that way. Lift them off the pedals about an inch then kick them out. it is way easier to get back to the pedals that way too.

http://bb.nsmb.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=107[HTML_REMOVED]c=4

have fun learning

BATTLECAT

May 27, 2005, 12:07 p.m.

I just learned them out of ramps at the skate park a few days ago, friend (ATB on forums) told me to do the no footer before my rear wheel had left the ramp. It was super easy. Still gettin used to it though.

May 27, 2005, 12:10 p.m.

the hardest part in a no footer is getting the guts to take you feet off. You'll probably have a hard time at first because your mind wants you to keep your feet on. Just keep trying. Eventually there will be that first time that your feet come off just a little and you realize you didn't die. From that point on you just need to slowly make them bigger and bigger.

May 27, 2005, 7:45 p.m.

Thanks Dude's lotsa great info there. Give me a month and I'll be the guy doing no-footers in the Biker x or on Dirty little whore Merchant.

Thanks again. :dizzy: