Fromme: Singletrack climbing trail.

Sept. 19, 2010, 8:48 a.m.

I am pretty much a lurker here, but I'd like to add my support for a reasonable climb to the sixth switchback. My normal day on Fromme starts with the climb up the Dempsey trail to the BP, then across to Mountain Highway, simply to avoid that fish out of water feeling of riding up the pavement.

If people are going to volunteer to go up there and brush out an existing set of old skidder roads etc., then count me in.

Sept. 19, 2010, 9:13 a.m.

If people are going to volunteer to go up there and brush out an existing set of old skidder roads etc., then count me in.

As am I - as long as I'm not working… (weekend shifts suck.)

Sept. 19, 2010, 9:22 a.m.

I'd been up this way above St. Mary's, a few times over the last several years. I recall a network of what seemed to be drip fed water hoses (about finger diameter) spread over the side of the mountain. Anybody seen those too and know what they are? I thought maybe Grow-Op …

Sept. 19, 2010, 9:26 a.m.

If the DNV can make bobsled a downhill only trail couldnt they also put in a natural(no gravel)multi use trail that was uphill only for bikers that would lead to the 6th switchback. Seems like this might benifit all users the most.

Sept. 19, 2010, 12:32 p.m.

If the DNV can make bobsled a downhill only trail couldnt they also put in a natural(no gravel)multi use trail that was uphill only for bikers that would lead to the 6th switchback. Seems like this might benifit all users the most.

Perhaps if there are enough people using said trail and the DNV hears the steady demand for it, then perhaps it could happen.

The trail(s) is already there (although a bit vague and difficult in some spots), so it is not new construction only recognizing old existing trails that are still being used.

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Sept. 19, 2010, 1:42 p.m.

This trail is on the radar (in a good way). There are a couple other higher priority projects that the NSMBA and DNV are working together on (Pink Starfish). We hope to be able to make an announcement before the AGM in November.

Darren is bang on. If you want to see something happen, write a letter and send it to us. Proof of community support only strengthens our position when we propose projects to the landowners.

Sept. 20, 2010, 10:01 p.m.

Better yet, write a letter to the people that make the decisions:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Jan. 11, 2011, 8:30 p.m.

bump

Seconded.

flickr

Jan. 21, 2011, 4:55 p.m.

I like the idea if it's well-executed. I wouldn't like an old Buck style climb on Fromme. It would be way too intrusive and it would cross many little-known trails that are best left that way.

So if it was a natural trail and we somehow made it no fun for good riders to descend I could support it. A route does exist now. I followed James Wilson up it just about to the sixth switchback from around the top of Braemar. I pushed a lot of it but James and Jeff Boeda climbed a lot of it - probably almost all of it. James would be a guy to get involved in this. He knows those areas really well.

Jan. 21, 2011, 5:22 p.m.

I like the idea if it's well-executed. I wouldn't like an old Buck style climb on Fromme. It would be way too intrusive and it would cross many little-known trails that are best left that way.

So if it was a natural trail and we somehow made it no fun for good riders to descend I could support it. A route does exist now. I followed James Wilson up it just about to the sixth switchback from around the top of Braemar. I pushed a lot of it but James and Jeff Boeda climbed a lot of it - probably almost all of it. James would be a guy to get involved in this. He knows those areas really well.

I too have a friend who can ride it while I huff n' puff behind walking. People just have to get out and ride!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Sept. 10, 2012, 11:34 p.m.

Did anything ever happen with this?

Sept. 11, 2012, 9:33 a.m.

Did anything ever happen with this?

you signing the petition will help!

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=150547

Sept. 11, 2012, 12:30 p.m.

Just Signed it, will pass it around to a few others aswell.

Feb. 27, 2015, 12:23 p.m.

Good day - old thread resurrection

Tried a couple of times to link up trails from Dempsey Braemar, ideally to the sixth. I must be too out of breath and blinded by the stars but I can't find the climbing route.

Any help or suggestions. Trying to start / end the ride without the climb back across BP.

Feb. 27, 2015, 1 p.m.

There's another conversation that talks about connecting the BP from around where Pipeline and Ladies connect, to the second switchback.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.