Big changes to come at the Woodlot

Oct. 24, 2006, 10:05 a.m.

fuck people, get a grip.

the builders have probably spent thousands of hours and thousands of dollars on those three trails.

you riders have given NOTHING back to the trail system. sure it's public land, but if you have any fuckign respect for the builders you would let them do what they want and deal with it in a mature manner.

if they wanted to make every gap twice as big with no ride arounds that would be 100% their call … who built the fucking trail in the first place?

dont like it? build you own jump trail and see how much hard work it is and how much fun it is to clean up after all the retards.

Oct. 24, 2006, 10:10 a.m.

Thanks Trevor for the highly caffeinated and bang on post. It couldn't be said better, but I'll bet Ewan could make it even more colourful.

If it's not your trail and you don't own the land, you don't get to decide on how it's built.

Oct. 24, 2006, 11:04 a.m.

I wanted to stay out of this too, but I can't anymore. :mad:

You know, this is bullshit. All of it.

I've spent billions of hours on Snakes and QH. I'm tired of all the crap that surrounds that place, and I'm out. All stunts that I've had a hand in on either trail is going to be dismantled. Fcuk it. That includes the super secret BX course down by the resevoir. Gone. Nuked. Buh bye.

In the words of the great Popeye "I've had all I can stands, and I can't stands no more".

Maybe a little excessive, but whatever. Done like dinner. :mad:

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

Oct. 24, 2006, 11:05 a.m.

A trail builder myself and having had people mess with stuff i have built I have realized that no matter what you build whether hard or easy there are people who will go around it. I respect all builders and there decisions on what to build and what not to but we are on public land and have no say on who rides our trails or not. When i build a stunt i make sure there is an easy line around it that won't affect the stunt i built. I figure its better for me to do it right than someone else making a line where ever they feel like.

Oct. 24, 2006, 11:14 a.m.

What I'm reading from the builders comes down to:

"We've built this trail the way we wanted it. Don't mess with it. If its too difficult for you go somewhere else. Because of increased popularity/fabulous reputation it's attracting more traffic, of too great a skill variety, than it was designed/built for. We don't want to build and maintain any-rounds as they take more time and effort than maintaining the trail itself."

Over the last year I've come to understand with your feelings, and there are times that I feel the same way. I've also come to the understanding that because your trail has become popular, your not going to un-ring this bell. Increased traffic is what the future holds for Platinum no amount of specialized building/braid closure will change this. You can't guard the trail 24-7. I know it was never was your intent to build the "CBC" of the woodlot, but thats what it has become.

The way I see it you have three choices; abandon the trail and build on private property/where no one will find it, fight the lossing battle frustrate yourself to where you quit building, or accept this fact, and build low maintenance ride arounds.

Most ppl know how difficult it is to build, and I think the majority of the ppl that ride the woodlot, would be more than willing help the builders. IMHO the majority of our community doesn't feel they have the right to "just do what they want", and I doubt that anyone expects the builders to just shoulder the extra load. It does seems to me, that the builders do not want help.

Oct. 24, 2006, 11:17 a.m.

I wanted to stay out of this too, but I can't anymore. :mad:

You know, this is bullshit. All of it.

I've spent billions of hours on Snakes and QH. I'm tired of all the crap that surrounds that place, and I'm out. All stunts that I've had a hand in on either trail is going to be dismantled. Fcuk it. That includes the super secret BX course down by the resevoir. Gone. Nuked. Buh bye.

In the words of the great Popeye "I've had all I can stands, and I can't stands no more".

Maybe a little excessive, but whatever. Done like dinner. :mad:

dismantled? why? I guess I missed a thread.

a chainsaw-wielding zealot.

:rocker:

Disclaimer: the above text is in no way or form intended to harm you. if by any chance you are offended by it, please take a moment to Harden the F*** Up. thank you.

"Trust that little voice in your head that says, 'wouldn't it be interesting if…'; and then do it."
-Duane Michals

FOR SALE: NEW Small/med KBC Moto/ATV/MTB Helmets - $70!!!
WANTED: Argon cylinder! 55-125cf
also WANTED: SRAM Rear Derailleur. AND 2.35" 60a hard rubber MTB tire.

Oct. 24, 2006, 11:25 a.m.

Just for arguements sake,arent these guys against random repairs,trail days etc if you arent in their "club"?

^^^^loaded with sarcasm^^^^

i meant that from the point of someone building a jump trail to their level.

there's no right answer to this problem though as there are valid points on both sides of the fence.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 24, 2006, 11:27 a.m.

Well lets hear from them then…

You seriously expect builders to post here and expect fruitful dialogue. There's more chance of productive discussion coming out of two bears having sex then a nsmb discussion. I'm afraid you have no clue.

btw - Trevor has the best rants.

I'm glad i'm quitting the nsmba thing as i will then be able to rant freely too./

Oct. 24, 2006, 11:51 a.m.

Rob, pls tell me ur kidding…..I mean walking away is one thing…but destroying everything seems a bit harsh.

My dog Rules! He rides more stunts than U!

Oct. 24, 2006, 11:58 a.m.

Interesting thread….

.good thing this isnt the prevailing attitude in N.V.

I guess it was only a matter of time before localism hit this sport too.

WHAT A JOKE!!
there are more secret trails in NV than anywhere else. the whole damn place was built, and ridden, by the secret trail society. ever heard of seventh secret?

and as for elitest; digger, dan and co. always built trails WAY about the level of the day and strickly frowned upon braids.

pro only trails are nothing new. not even on the shore.

as for the arguement of go build a new trail just for yourself. they did and we found it.
so quit yer bitchin' and say thanks for what you get.

besides, is it even fun to ride down the side of a trail and have your ass handed to you by every stunt? not my idea of a good time.

Oct. 24, 2006, 12:37 p.m.

I agree that when it comes down to it, it's Builder's Choice. You build [HTML_REMOVED] maintain a trail, and you've earned the right to decide the fate for the trail. My concerns are:
- Trying to unbraid the trail will be more effort than it's worth. You have the right to do it, but I think you'll end up wasting a bunch of your time [HTML_REMOVED] effort.
- Turning back the clock. It seems like you're hoping to turn back the clock on the popularity of those trails by blocking the ride arounds. A good intention, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. Unfortunately, you've built too good of a trail and as a result its popularity grew.
- Public land vs private trail. You probably don't want to abandone trails you've put so much time [HTML_REMOVED] energy into, but if you want to have a private trail for just you [HTML_REMOVED] your friends it should probably be built on private land in such a way that you can prevent others from accessing it.

Good luck with how ever you decide to handle this issue.

Oct. 24, 2006, 3:26 p.m.

I cant tell if this is for real or a joke…if its real then that sucks and if its just some sick joke (like wodlot being logged ect ) then you guys are cruel very cruel and sucked all of us in..haha jokes on us … good one..
i can see the builders point..and i can see thier frusteration…
I dont think flaming them and putting thier desicion down and saying they have no right can make the situation any better..
All it will do is make builders like THEROB and others more pissed and then stop building and build thier own trails that are secret somewhere else..
i never went to platnium .. ever even when it was a secret i didnt bother to look for it as i heard it was a crazy trail and was"invite only"..
one day my buddy and i decided to see where a certain path went and ended up at the bottom of "platnium"we climbed all the way up..to the top… and i dont think i even breathed the whole way…
i wondered who rode here and if they had a death wish…purely insane gaps .. huge jumps?wow.. those berms are mint .. but this isnt my area..

awhile ago i was asked by another friend if i wanted to go see where platnium was and try it .. i said no way…way out of my league.. and i still havent been …
i admit i cant hit the many jumps on blood donor but there are a few i am able to do ..( maybe ) and the wooden structures are awesome…
as are all the other trails that are up there that these guys build and maintain..and are asking us to ride instead …until we are ready to ride the bigger trails…
of course they cant stop people from riding these trails but they can do what they want to make them unenjoyable for others that dont ride thier "stunts"
they have that right…they built it ..and aallllllllll the bitching and swearing and stomping and name calling is just gonna make them want to dowhat they want more…
im surprised how many of these posts are negative towards these guys…without them thier wouldnt be a woodlot to ride… lighten up…

on that note.. i sincerely hope that blood donor stays as it is… i wouldnt even mind if the ride arounds got shitty as long as they stayed.. but ill not complain if they disapear…i didnt build them …
thanks builders… our riding and progress is in your hands….lol
are you thinking of a trail day sometime??

Oct. 24, 2006, 6:39 p.m.

Just for arguements sake,arent these guys against random repairs,trail days etc if you arent in their "club"?

^^^^loaded with sarcasm^^^^

For a few builders having people help would divide the glory… Thankfully, that is the minority in the mtb community.

Oct. 24, 2006, 6:47 p.m.

For a few builders having people help would divide the glory… Thankfully, that is the minority in the mtb community.

why don't you share with us how you came to this insight?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 24, 2006, 6:59 p.m.

why don't you share with us how you came to this insight?

its totally true, I myself have felt this.. here you spend a 1000 hrs or so getting your trail dialed, along come some vollies they do like 10 hrs, now think they have earned their badge so to speak and voila your light doesnt shine as bright! reality is its a chumps mind set. get over it, the individual knows what they have done, take self pride. sven said it best recently, we build trails because we want to and we enjoy it.

all I know is recently I have been getting a ton of help w my building, yes you lose some creative control but ultimately so what? I know I have been a pretty good mood since I saw all those vollies shuvlin on 2001.

you platinum builders should consider a trail day. You will prolly get a good turn out, next thing you know the trail work just got done and its honey time.:thepimp:

its not worth the ulcer.