Squamish 2014 Trail Conditions

Nov. 11, 2014, 7:52 p.m.

Rode over by Alice Lake and did Mashiter, Tracks From Hell, Value Added, Jacks, 50 Shades, Entrails, Roller Coaster. Not a lot of people and trails were prime:) Headed over to ride Half Nelson and decided against it with the number of cars there, holy it looked busy. Rode the Tsugas instead, still super fun. Squamish is the goods and the trails are prime right now.

we did a quick ride , shuttled up to cakewalk , legacy climbing , angry midget and then pseudo tsuga 1/2/3 to the parking lot and then down to my brothers house .

have to check out Alice Lake area , also wanna ride Boney Elbows and Rupert .

did you start off Perth ?? my brother lives on Skyline and told me thats the road he goes up to ride Boney Elbows and Rupert

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 11, 2014, 8:14 p.m.

we did a quick ride , shuttled up to cakewalk , legacy climbing , angry midget and then pseudo tsuga 1/2/3 to the parking lot and then down to my brothers house .

have to check out Alice Lake area , also wanna ride Boney Elbows and Rupert .

did you start off Perth ?? my brother lives on Skyline and told me thats the road he goes up to ride Boney Elbows and Rupert

Started at the university and rode down to Perth and rode right to the end. Turns into Mashiter after a short climb. The Alice lake area is lots of fun, granite, steeps etc.

Shed head!

Nov. 11, 2014, 9:02 p.m.

I'd stay away from Rupert for the winter. Ridiculous amounts of traffic all summer, and continuing now in sub par weather, have been hard on some sections. Same goes for ManBoobs. The trails will be there in the spring.

Nov. 12, 2014, 6:55 p.m.

anyone know the name of the trail that is right beside the climbing trail , there is a old log ramp jump close to the entrance we came across it when we road Angry Midget , we thought it was the start Angry Midget at 1st .

the trail can be seen from the climbing trail , a couple of the right hand switch back corners come within a feet of it only noticed it as a group that passed us on the way up was riding down it .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 12, 2014, 7:08 p.m.

anyone know the name of the trail that is right beside the climbing trail , there is a old log ramp jump close to the entrance we came across it when we road Angry Midget , we thought it was the start Angry Midget at 1st .

the trail can be seen from the climbing trail , a couple of the right hand switch back corners come within a feet of it only noticed it as a group that passed us on the way up was riding down it .

Don't know if it has a name, but it merges back into Angry Midget. Maybe an old entrance? I did it once - I prefer the current main entrance.

Nov. 12, 2014, 8:41 p.m.

You're not talking about One Trick Pony are you? It ends roughly where Full Nelson [HTML_REMOVED] the climbing trail are.

Thread killer

Nov. 12, 2014, 9:04 p.m.

You're not talking about One Trick Pony are you? It ends roughly where Full Nelson [HTML_REMOVED] the climbing trail are.

you exit the climbing trail and it,s on your left before the creek crossing to get to Angry Midget

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 13, 2014, 12:03 p.m.

that's just an old decoy trailhead.
climbing trail crosses upper ditch pig a couple times, i suspect that's where you saw the ramp. it was only ever 90% completed, the big step downs never really worked. there were some sweet bits of fast singletrack before the circus woodwork, but it's all largely gone now.

Nov. 14, 2014, 4:24 p.m.

Awesome ride today. Sign at trailhead of Rupert says closed for trailwork, good thing because that trail is fantastic wouldn't want it destroyed in the first year. Entrails-icy hole of death were perfect.

Nov. 15, 2014, 9:05 a.m.

Yes, riders are being asked to help out by avoiding Rupert while some extra trailwork gets done. These handbuilt trails often need a little "reassurance" work in their first year, particularly if they get the intense amount of attention and traffic as Rupie has this year. Definitely check out Entrail instead, or better yet, Mark My Word. If you haven't tried it, it's in the same genre of Rupert and Entrail, and may be one of the most under-ridden gems on the hill. If you want a real challenge, when it's frozen and dry (like today), try climbing Mice and Men Hill (reverse Mike's Loop). It's all but impossible in the summer dry, but in the winter, the loose bits freeze to the ground, providing the opportunity for spiderman-like traction. It's still an ultra-challenging tech climb even in the deep-freeze, but you'll be hollering if you can beat it.

Also, big thanks to the people leading the Rupert maintenance, and especially John's wife for the stunning artistry on the temporary signage :)

Nov. 16, 2014, 7:07 p.m.

Is there fresh woodwork on Marc My Word? Have not ridden it this year.

Nov. 22, 2014, 7:53 p.m.

Heading to Squamish tomorrow during the day.

Just curious if anyone can give some advice on which trails to ride in the wet? I'd rather not tear up someone's hard work if we can help it.

Nov. 22, 2014, 7:57 p.m.

Rupert is closed for maintenance. We're giving it some time off to settle in and recuperate after being ridden hard in its inaugural year. Check out Entrail, Room with a View, and Bony Elbows in the Alice Lake area. Half Nelson and PseudoTsugas tend to ride well, as does Word of Mouth. Most of Valleycliffe is good in the rain, especially the older trails (Farside, Meet Yer Maker, Seven Stitches). Hope that helps. This topic is gone over in detail earlier in this thread as well.

I suggest avoiding anything in Britannia and Cat Lake.

Have a great ride!

Nov. 29, 2014, 5:52 p.m.

How's the snow over there? Looks like you got a lot more precipitation than Vancouver?

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Nov. 29, 2014, 5:56 p.m.

How's the snow over there? Looks like you got a lot more precipitation than Vancouver?

Nothing on the ground in the valley. Just took the dog for a hike around Valleycliffe trails and there's frozen velcro dirt all over (with the odd patch of frost or ice to keep you on your toes), but zero snow.

Not been up that high, but from the valley it looks like most of the trails should be fine.