Trail rating

Sept. 28, 2010, 12:21 p.m.

I wouldn't trust any of the structures out there anymore

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 28, 2010, 1:21 p.m.

As long as Pink Starfish is not made easier I'm happy

Sept. 28, 2010, 1:46 p.m.

FTR, I did the original ratings on the map you can buy in stores, and the NSMBA map is pertty much the same. At the time, they were pretty accurate.

We used a basic system to rate the trails. Easiest was basically a road. Intermediate would have the wheels on the ground the whole time. Advanced would have small drops, jumps, be a bit steeper, and probably incorporate skinnies. Expert, the same as Advanced but bigger and more tech. Lines like the Circus, Jerry Rig, and Air Supply (note that they're all but disappeared at this point…) were at the time considered high consequence to the point that they got special ratings. By that system, most stuff on Fromme still fits in the same ratings.

I agree, a reassessment is due, but there will never be a consistent way to grade North Shore trails. Some people find riding wet bridges easy, other people don't bat an eyelash at 15' gaps. It's totally subjective, unless the weather changes, and then it's pertty much impossible to rate anything.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Sept. 28, 2010, 2:17 p.m.

I wouldn't trust any of the structures out there anymore

After having a 5 foot drop on Flywheel(local trail on burke) collapse on me yesterday, I don't think I'm going to trust rickity old ladder bridges. I have a nail hole in my thigh 3 inchs from my dick thanks to that bridge.

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

Sept. 28, 2010, 2:41 p.m.

After having a 5 foot drop on Flywheel(local trail on burke) collapse on me yesterday, I don't think I'm going to trust rickity old ladder bridges. I have a nail hole in my thigh 3 inchs from my dick thanks to that bridge.

:damn:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 28, 2010, 3:16 p.m.

I never rode the structures on Flywheel when they were new; so sketchy! Any permanent damage?

Sept. 28, 2010, 4:08 p.m.

I never rode the structures on Flywheel when they were new; so sketchy! Any permanent damage?

I'm allright, but my brake lever was bent. Bent'r back in place and she's good to go.

Sept. 28, 2010, 5:01 p.m.

yikes
most of the stunts in there got removed recently, i guess they missed one or else they figured no one would ride it
glad you're not seriously hurt

Sept. 28, 2010, 8:29 p.m.

yikes
most of the stunts in there got removed recently, i guess they missed one or else they figured no one would ride it
glad you're not seriously hurt

After it happened I ended up hiking back up and not riding the rest of the trail. Maybe I'll check it out this weekend.

Sept. 30, 2010, 3:04 p.m.

heres a picture of my chicken legs

Sept. 30, 2010, 7:03 p.m.

Damn dude, nice work. At least the swelling makes your legs look bigger. I hope that you got that properly taken care of.

Oct. 1, 2010, 7:32 a.m.

Trail ratings will never please everyone. One persons black is another persons green, so it is all subjective.

I agree with this.
We have the same problem back in Va with trail rating.

Giver