How do you like Expresso (Espresso?)

Jan. 24, 2012, 5:24 p.m.

I fully agree with jerry here, expresso like dale's has a ton of steep challenging and fun natural features. In addition it already follows a good line down the mountain, why build a new trail when you can use all the elements of an already great trail, and do a couple quick reroutes, that make the trail flowier, longer? and more sustainable.
Anyone who's ridden the new incarnation of dale's knows that its not any less challenging, and there's even some new lines that you can get gnarly on if you so choose.
I think espresso should be tap'd like dale's, and have build days, so things actually happen, and that it should be a progression of ladies, ie same style, larger/harder features.

If it's still not gnarly enough, try riding it on a little bike, or go ride grannies or any other number of blown out lines the shore has to offer.
Embrace the flow! :idea:

Feb. 6, 2012, 12:37 p.m.

Time for a change imho. I vote for Diggerization.

Feb. 11, 2012, 6:26 p.m.

I rode past Expresso today then turned around and hit it. I love that trail. Couple little skinnies right after the first pitch could use a little love but, damn, the rest of that trail is awesome. Has it had some work recently? I really thought it rode excellent. Maybe towards the end @ the baby-head DH it could use a re-route. Hell there are already tonnes of braids down there. Nice thing is rather than choose the fall line as it is the trail can actually be lengthened some. BTW I think people aren't riding it because it's hard.

Feb. 11, 2012, 6:40 p.m.

A few minutes more of thinking on this and re-reading some of the comments - I agree with some of the comments referencing Dale's. I don't really dig the giant wheel trapping roots on a slight uphill section - this sort of thing could be tuned up and Expresso might really rock. Keep the gnarly line element but add a little here and there to allow you to link these without getting de-biked. How do I like Expresso? A lot.

Feb. 11, 2012, 8:22 p.m.

BTW I think people aren't riding it because it's hard.

Too hard? Not at all true. Expresso's current state of maintenance is the reason why it's not ridden much. Take Ladies/Lower Ladies Only for example. Before Digger did any repairs/maintenance they were some of the least ridden trails on Fromme. Now that they've been revived they're some of the most popular trails on the mountain.

Feb. 11, 2012, 9:30 p.m.

Too hard? Not at all true. Expresso's current state of maintenance is the reason why it's not ridden much. Take Ladies/Lower Ladies Only for example. Before Digger did any repairs/maintenance they were some of the least ridden trails on Fromme. Now that they've been revived they're some of the most popular trails on the mountain.

Fair enough. Either way it's a worthy trail. When does the work start?

Feb. 11, 2012, 9:54 p.m.

Fair enough. Either way it's a worthy trail. When does the work start?

I'm guessing probably in the Spring. It's been TAPed by NSMB.com
http://nsmba.ca/trail-adoption-plan

Feb. 12, 2012, 9:10 a.m.

i rode it yesterday, too, and had a good time. the trail is definitely a little harder these days than two or three years ago, but mostly because it's now so loose in what used to be very fast sections. I bumped into digger when i got back to the first gate, as he was heading up to work on ladies. He asked what I'd ridden and we got to talking after I told him I was on E[x/s]presso. He's a super nice guy, btw. He told me that they're planning on getting in there this year to sort the trail out and seems to have a good, reasonable vision for the trail. I'm pretty excited now, to see what comes of it all.

There's no place like fromme

Feb. 12, 2012, 9:29 a.m.

So who was the original builder? Did Clarklewis ever hear back from that guy?

My fav Fromme lap is 7th exit at the big log to Espresso to Upper Boundry to Lower Diggers.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Feb. 12, 2012, 10:46 a.m.

My fav Fromme lap is 7th exit at the big log to Espresso to Upper Boundry to Lower Diggers.

Good call. That sounds like an awesome lap.

Feb. 12, 2012, 11:15 a.m.

The people who put in the original line did not put in the structures. We don't know who built those. As for making that info public. It's up to them to decideā€¦

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Feb. 12, 2012, 4:20 p.m.

I don't care who built the wood. Wayne said he built the rock. . . . I am just wondering why cut the trail.
And to all who have ever worked on the trail, THANK YOU.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

Feb. 12, 2012, 4:56 p.m.

Upper oilcan -[HTML_REMOVED] espresso -[HTML_REMOVED] lower crippler

There's no place like fromme