dear mother of god... BVOD is back.

May 28, 2007, 4:54 p.m.

yea sprawl and development! those aren't the only trails about to be overrun in squampton by new housing…….outdoor capital maybe for now….in 3 years though a lot of trails are going to be covered by houses…..

This pisses me off so much!

I move here to get away from Sprawl… and BC tots itself as the "Super Natural" province and look at what happens!

I rode Eagle the other week and that development up the mountain makes me sick!

"Little boxes… on the hillside… little boxes made of ticky tacky… little boxes on the hillside… little boxes all the same"

Why would anyone want to live so dam far from anything… that walking is not an option because it is too steep down and then up well… you need a shuttle!

Squamish is going to be ruined! Oh wait there is a Walmart there… it is already ruined!

I am moving to Hornby!

www.steedcycles.com

May 29, 2007, 10:16 a.m.

Yeah… sucks when development has priority over recreation and trails. The best response to development is to move on and build bigger and better trails in other areas where they may last a bit longer. Still a hell of a lot of room in Squamish for new trails!!! Where are all the Squamish freeride trail builders?
(I know where a few of you have been…props to you)

Looking forward to BVOD again this year…should be a sweet ride with all the hard work Barry has put in to maintaining the trails that make up the course!
Mad props to you Barry!
See y'all on Saturday.

(can't believe it's not butter)

~Mattsquatch

May 29, 2007, 1:30 p.m.

Is there a band for the afterparty? Whole Lotta Led???

May 29, 2007, 6:37 p.m.

So if i am not a member of any group, what is the total cost to me gonna be, I hate climbing, but i love a good time and a good ride.

If anyone knows what the total cost to join a group and sign up for the race and anything else that i might need to give it a shot

The Hardest Part about Rollerblading is telling your family your gay!!

May 29, 2007, 11 p.m.

well sorca is $55 to join or NSMBA for $27 plus the $25 for the race. There could be an option of $10 for one day insurance. some one correct me if I'm wrong as I'm finding it a bit confusing this year with GRMBA and Cycling BC.

That said once you get insured for the year with GRMBA your good to go for the Ripper series and twoonie races. go to a couple of twoonie races and you'll make your money back in free food and beverages :)

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

May 30, 2007, 12:44 p.m.

I think Brian is putting this on as a SORCA club event. If that is the case then any member of a GRMBA affiliated club just pays the $25, no other insurance cost. Non members can get $10 single day insurance to participate (in addition to the $25 entry fee). You have to sign a waiver, of course.

Hope this helps.

May 30, 2007, 3:08 p.m.

yup, it's a sorca event. so grmba insurance will do just fine.
if not there's a 10$ one day insurance fee.
as well important to note $25 is the cost if you pre register at corsa or tantalus.
otherwise it's 35 at the trail head the day of.

judging by the mountain of prizes, good weather and good times, well worth it :)

ps. there will be hijinks in the pub that night, but no led cover band.

Long live long freerides.
http://www.cynicalsunshine.com for all your 'Damn the man' and BVOD needs

June 4, 2007, 9:44 a.m.

How was the event?

viperfunk.com

June 4, 2007, 9:50 a.m.

How was the event?

F'ing hot!
It was good times. I think we climbed for 4.5 hours without actually going downhill :)
It was good fun though, some of the rock faces were incredible (Labour of Love) and the climbs, while mostly hike-a-bike were steep and over relatively quickly. I really enjoyed myself, and I am still tired from it. I missed the afterparty though, I was too tired and the sleepiness overwhelmed my need to swag.

June 4, 2007, 9:54 a.m.

Good times! Squamish Rocks!

Thanks to Brian for organizing and Barry [HTML_REMOVED] co for some very nice buffing of the singletrack climbs!

June 4, 2007, 11:05 a.m.

The development of the Valleycliffe area is moving ahead and it would appear some of the signature BVOD trails will be no more, or partially zapped (summers eve, joint effort).

well it is private land…

BUT they still need permission from the city to develop. The city has to listen to its taxpayers. If enough of you lobby for the developers to replace at least summers eve so there is still a trail that crosses that area that would be great…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

June 4, 2007, 11:05 a.m.

BVOD

June 4, 2007, 11:10 a.m.

well it is private land…

BUT they still need permission from the city to develop. The city has to listen to its taxpayers. If enough of you lobby for the developers to replace at least summers eve so there is still a trail that crosses that area that would be great…

7 Stitches was built to replace the section of Summer's Eve that'll be lost. I'm pretty sure the developer's chipped in to pay for it.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

June 12, 2007, 3:20 p.m.

Hey kids, pics are up. Have a lookie if you're into that sort of thing :)

http://www.cynicalsunshine.com

June 12, 2007, 3:36 p.m.

Good times indeed!