http://northshorefreeriders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12

carve your own lines www.northshorefreeriders.com
Transition bikes team rider

Jan. 23, 2005, 9:08 a.m.

dan sounds kind of bitter

ORIGINAL FREETARD
and now I'm CROSSTARDED

Jan. 23, 2005, 9:16 a.m.

it's an ok article. you're right that dan does sound a bit pissed/bitter, but there is definitely another half to that story. unfortunaely the article reads like it was typed out by a 5yr old. either that or a monkey.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 23, 2005, 9:40 a.m.

^^ only if the monkey of whom you speak hasn't been trained in using the spellchecker feature in msWord.

Jan. 23, 2005, 9:53 a.m.

true …i suppose as a builder you feel sort of the same,more riders should stop to pitch in,a day a year for trail days,15 minutes a ride to pile rocks,clear puddles…most riders just use and abuse the trails

ORIGINAL FREETARD
and now I'm CROSSTARDED

Jan. 23, 2005, 9:58 a.m.

hmmm so i wonder if Yeti dropped Dan or vice versa…

i thought he was still on Yeti….

that Boy should get on team Spec.:thepimp:

Jan. 23, 2005, 10:07 a.m.

One one hand I can understand the whole political side of things, especially with how popular the north shore has become. But one the other hand, he built some sketchy shit up in the woods on public land open to anyone and everyone. Gotta expect reprecussions if you build stuff like that.

Compared to what I've seen (like Peter's/Todd's/Syncro's/Jeremy's work) it was not build well. Sorry but it's true.

Jan. 23, 2005, 10:58 a.m.

^^I agree Wayne, I walked some of Whatchamacallit before it was torn down, and as much as it was a work of art some of it was pritty sketchy. That and I have noticed a couple of his other trails have gone to shit.

If you don't have permission to build, you shouldn't be suprised it gets torn down.

Jan. 23, 2005, 4:15 p.m.

It's difficult to fathom why somebody would go about making the NS what it is in terms of popularily (films, videos, Flow Shows, etc ) and then complain that it has become too popular. It was bound to happen. But the world changes and one gets used to that with time.

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

Jan. 23, 2005, 5:12 p.m.

super -t

Jan. 23, 2005, 6:19 p.m.

i agree with you wayne , and the difference between mr. dan and those other builders you named is that they are building and maintaining for the greater good of the riding community as a whole , and dan is building to further his own career .

i don't frequent the shore as much as i used to , or would like to , but i don't get the impression that dan doesn't spend a lot of time up there either , and as much as i'd like to defend his right to build whatever wherever , i'm not sure the favor would be returned . seems dan has other pressing matters to deal with , and other horizons to explore ( exploit ) .

i also find his comments regarding the shore , its' popularity , and overcrowding rather ironic , given the " business " he's in . . . .

Jan. 23, 2005, 8:54 p.m.

maybe dan and richie should get together for some tea…

that one's for you stacy

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 23, 2005, 9:26 p.m.

Originally posted by Incorrigible
It's difficult to fathom why somebody would go about making the NS what it is in terms of popularily (films, videos, Flow Shows, etc ) and then complain that it has become too popular. It was bound to happen. But the world changes and one gets used to that with time.

exactly, you see that a lot with cities like tofino too, everyone knows that story.
dont make yourself the bed if you arent prepared to sleep in it? is that how the saying goes? probably not but you see what im getting at.

Jan. 23, 2005, 11:22 p.m.

i like his ideas, just not always the execution of them. the build it and then let it rot so we can go build something else mindset doesn't work for me. you have to have some accountability for what you do.

there are people out there maintaining trails that will never make a dime off their work or the sport. whoever and wherever you people are, you are the true heroes of the mtb world. you make it work for the rest of us.

Ellen Langer

Jan. 24, 2005, 12:53 a.m.

Holy, Freeriding must be going big time!!

Riding buddies switching teams and taking others places. I met Dan and he seemed like a nice guy, and obviously a hard worker. Based on the interview, if this was all stuff he said, it sounds as though he's alittle pissed about a few things. One being he's lost his main sponsor, (to an old team mate at that) and his trail got ripped down which is enough to piss anyone off and too boot maybe he is not making all that much money off the business?

All I really think about is Dan in the first few North Shore Extremes and I can only imagine he had no idea how many millions he'd be making off this:rolleyes:

Dan and Richie would probably talk about all the work they put into getting the $$ world of freeriding going and how they both get trash talked at every opportunity:eek:

Dansition :thepimp: Shelley Schley:D

Interviews are always a bit tough when written by someone that can't write and probably has a hard time listening too :???:

You're A Peein" - See you next summer BC!!