comming out to visit you all

Dec. 30, 2003, 10:24 p.m.

my friends and I are flying out to Vancouver Intl. and i am wondering the cheepest and or eaisist way to get from there to whistler…I am 18 if that has any effect on car rental…but is there a shuttel or somthing? thanks alot

www.powderandpark.com - My ski review site

Dec. 30, 2003, 10:26 p.m.

july 5th-15th…also what are lift ticket prices out there?

Dec. 31, 2003, 12:13 a.m.

yeah theres prob shuttles for resorts direct from the airport. or since ur bike will be packed up for the plane ride u could always take a bus downtown and take the train up or a greyhound bus.

here to ride but i'm to busy building

Dec. 31, 2003, 5:37 a.m.

Originally posted by parksvilleguy
yeah theres prob shuttles for resorts direct from the airport. or since ur bike will be packed up for the plane ride u could always take a bus downtown and take the train up or a greyhound bus.

The shuttles are way over priced, round trip if I remeber correctly was over $200 with your bike, they charge $65 just for bikes. Take a bus it's cheaper, it's a bit more work to get there because you have to take a shuttle service from the airport to the down town bus terminal. Go to the Whislter web page there are links there for shuttle services and bus service.
Good luck man, you should think about spending some time on the shore as well.

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West"

Dec. 31, 2003, 6:10 a.m.

how much is it costing u to get ur bikes out there???…

~*UK***~

Dec. 31, 2003, 6:46 a.m.

when i brought my bike out to colorado it was free on the way out and 85 usd on the way back….thanks for all the info everyone…so there is a way to get from the airport to the bus station?

Dec. 31, 2003, 6:50 a.m.

Originally posted by Scott
when i brought my bike out to colorado it was free on the way out and 85 usd on the way back….thanks for all the info everyone…so there is a way to get from the airport to the bus station?

I'm sure someone would pick you up and drop you off at at Whistler if you could get to the shore….

Dec. 31, 2003, 7:09 a.m.

65 bucks from airport to whistler buy perimeter bus…. best way to do it.

Try putting your bike in a hockey bag, and pass it as luggage.

www.fstopgear.com

Dec. 31, 2003, 7:23 p.m.

is Mike coming out?

He's a cool cat.

SOR

Jan. 1, 2004, 11:28 a.m.

chuckwagon/freeride tours do a van/whistler shuttle for $25 can.
roundtrip.

Jan. 1, 2004, 12:09 p.m.

Originally posted by WBC
**is Mike coming out?

He's a cool cat. **

mike as in DHJUNKIE? if so then yes…we gonna be going Xtreme all up in whistler…who are you?

Jan. 2, 2004, 8:44 a.m.

yay whistler…. and how do you guys know me? im Mike.. so yeah Scott and I will be out there.

Jan. 2, 2004, 10:50 a.m.

Originally posted by DHJUNKIE
yay whistler…. and how do you guys know me? im Mike.. so yeah Scott and I will be out there.

Im freshly jivin off AIM.

we used to chat a bunch way back in the day.

SOR

Jan. 4, 2004, 10:24 a.m.

hi all. (My first post..wow :rolleyes: )

As this topic nearly answers my question, I've to ask my question though.

I'm coming to Vancouver in July and of course I 'd like to ride the North Shore. BUT in lack of a car I asked myself how to get the easiest way to the North Shore from Downton Vancouver?.
Do you guys can give me some advices.

thanks.
Seb from oversea.

Jan. 4, 2004, 11:50 a.m.

Originally posted by Zap
**hi all. (My first post..wow :rolleyes: )

As this topic nearly answers my question, I've to ask my question though.

I'm coming to Vancouver in July and of course I 'd like to ride the North Shore. BUT in lack of a car I asked myself how to get the easiest way to the North Shore from Downton Vancouver?.
Do you guys can give me some advices.

thanks.
Seb from oversea. **

You can ride. Its very close, you can take the seabus, bikes are allowed, its a 12 minute crossing across the harbour, land at lonsdale quay, where im pretty sure most of the busses should ahve bike racks by then. Take a bus up lonsdale and over to mtn highway somehow for GROUSE, i dont know the routes. Or take the bus from lonsdale to phibbs exchange depot right out to the base of seymour. Where you could hitchhike up or ride up to the trails.