Building on Neds

Feb. 7, 2003, 3:42 p.m.

Hillmonkey, piling rocks by the eroded switchback will help out those guys A LOT!

Collect BIG rocks, if it takes two of you to carry it, that's perfect!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Feb. 7, 2003, 4:24 p.m.

Originally posted by hillmonkey
I am hitting Neds this weekend, would rock collecting for this section be helpful? I read in the trail maintenance section that someone was thinking of building a roman road here. My friends and I will collect some rocks and hopefully get the ball rolling……keep up the great work.

If you come across a section that you think is really rutted, or a roll that's very big, we'd be really happy if you found a couple large rocks and put them by the side of the trail. Or, if you want to do rock the area in, please feel free to do so. I know Chris MacDonald has been doing a fair bit of work on the upper section, and it shows. Most work on fixing the trail will be to put in a couple very large boulders on the rutted areas so that you can roll the rocks instead of roll into the hole.

Like I previously stated, it's just a matter of getting out there to do the work (not many daylight hours in the winter along with weekend commitments have dug into free time).

And Jay, that section your talking about is going to be a fair bit of work, but it is one that definitely needs attention. The whole downhill section into the sharp right is eroding quickly. People are riding the cliff side of the trail, which makes it worse (and more sketchy). A lot of work needs to be done to push the trail line onto the inside higher section of the trail. But in the end it's worth it as a most of the rest of Ned's is almos rock bed.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 7, 2003, 5:27 p.m.

Personally, I like the lack of tranny on the second new "big" drop. It's not as bad as it looks. Awesome work up there guys. Volunteering to work on Ned's is quite a commitment and so far the work has been stellar.

f e r g s :canada:

Feb. 7, 2003, 5:33 p.m.

ned's is a fun trail. fast rip if its getting dark! i like all the stunts and stuff on that trail

Feb. 7, 2003, 7:30 p.m.

The only constant in the world is change.

Deal with it.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018