Scored new skis today!

March 18, 2014, 7:04 p.m.

Happy birthday to myself! Got some Rossignol Soul 7 skis with FT40 bindings.

Stoked on these. Now I just need some deep snow between now and the end of the year…

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

March 20, 2014, 4:10 p.m.

I have two days on these now and I have to say I am impressed. The binding, FKS 140, is rock solid and the skis are far nimbler than they look.

You can ride confidently on all terrain in a resort and in deep stuff too although my experience on that so far is about 10-15cm. The soft tip and rocker keeps the tips up and the generous side cut lets them turn tight. Far better than the Rossignol Phantom SC97 I am currently on even though the waist is 106mm vs 97mm of the old ski.

The only draw back is the width in big bumps, they seem to get a bit hung up.

Overall a super solid ski binding setup.

Now for new boots…

March 20, 2014, 4:35 p.m.

I picked up a pair of 2012 Volkl Gotama's - mine came with the G3 Onyx binding.

Similar impressions - freaking love these skis. Fast - nimble - stable - powder slaying.

Haven't had them on a groomer yet…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

March 20, 2014, 7:02 p.m.

the new favorite ski is last years (red) DPS lotus 120's, mounted them with dynafits …great ski

edit: In spite of the advertised 45M turning radius which they will do just fine the ski will also turn on a dime thanx to the pintail design with 60cm of early rise shovel, the bamboo hybrids are much cheaper than carbon and not heavy at all so they tour great

March 21, 2014, 8:38 a.m.

I picked up a pair of 2012 Volkl Gotama's - mine came with the G3 Onyx binding.

Similar impressions - freaking love these skis. Fast - nimble - stable - powder slaying.

Haven't had them on a groomer yet…

I have a pair of these as my hill skis - love em. As for groomers they work but it's not their sweet spot. Seeing as I just use the groomers to get to everything else it's not a big drawback in my mind.

March 21, 2014, 2:54 p.m.

picked up some Moment deathwish's this yr. fun ski. billed as the one ski quiver. never knew a 112 waisted ski could carve that well. freaky. combination of the moustache rocker and sidecut. bites , pops, carves. I think I'd like it with a bit narrower tail though. its a bit hooky with a couple inches of chop over hard/icy conditions. sacrifice a touch of carve for less hook and easier pivot. ordered a pair of Praxis yetis today to replace my Moment tahoes as a spring touring ski. last day of Praxis ski sale. used my 15% off code on top of sale price. can't wait tp try them. a few tweaks over the Tahoe for its intended purpose(spring tours). lighter, flatter tail but similar sidecut