Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Dec. 6, 2008, 4:13 p.m.

i think i am going to cry if we don't get some snow on our locals by monday

Dec. 7, 2008, 9:28 a.m.

be happy you're not living with him… we're going to rogers pass next weekend.

Lee surfing the interent at 10:30am on a saturday in ski season is unheard of

is the pass getting any snow ? I got a banff/rogers pass trip planned for late jan

Dec. 7, 2008, 9:51 a.m.

If the snow won't come to us I guess we'll go to it!

on the brighter side, I've been riding every one of my bikes over the last 3 weeks, plus a couple other demos.

how long are you going there for?

Dec. 8, 2008, 2:25 p.m.

If the snow won't come to us I guess we'll go to it!

it was WAY too deep for meddow skipping this weekend. tell lee he'd better just stay home. no fun to be had there at all. ;)

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Dec. 9, 2008, 4:40 a.m.

While doing the forecast for the Alps, I took a look at North American and what I found out made me jealous even right now.
Next weekend Whistler area expects sub -20 [HTML_REMOVED]#176;C. So bring your fancy down jackets.

Look at this:

Every line represents an output of the Global Forecast System for temp/precip in about 1500m.
Upper lines are the temp in about 1500m, scale's on the left in degree celsius. Lines beneath are precipitation on the ground, scale's on the right in mm/6h. In this case it's snow of course.

From my point of view this forecast is credible up to the 18th. Then the lines diverge too much (= it may stay shivering cold or either it warms up again to like current temps). So this plot is not plausible for ~19th and afterwards.