Vanderhams Life Cyles Seggy on youtube..

Nov. 23, 2010, 10:06 a.m.

blah blah blah

if the production and story values aren't your thing, the shots and riding are incredible

yeah theres lots of slomo… what the fuck did you expect? if they wanted to make a movie to fire up the keyboard warriors then they would have.

if you took off your shit-tinted glasses before you watched and took it for what it is, i'm sure you'd have a lovely time

Its very well made, I will always say that. Technically and visually. I just don't like that style, doesn't do anything for me. You sensitive guys can't handle differing opinions.

I was wearing my contacts today. Weird.

Nov. 23, 2010, 10:20 a.m.

I didn't know disliking slow-mo meant I had shit on my glasses, thanks for the tip!

Nov. 23, 2010, 10:48 a.m.

Its very well made, I will always say that. Technically and visually. I just don't like that style, doesn't do anything for me. You sensitive guys can't handle differing opinions.

did you go all azn and wear those funky color contacts?

I think that also referred as shit tainted glasses+

WHICH ONE

more serious note, we all have different opinions

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:17 a.m.

what did you expect going into it?

i could have told you 2 years ago that it was going be to artsyfartsy slowmo

they obviously put a lot of work into and were obviously creating a very specific product -chances are it isn't going to get everyone stoked.

but most of all, who the fuck cares? there is ridiculous mtb content in the film and if that means sifting through some bullshit, i'm not one to whine.

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:26 a.m.

what did you expect going into it?

I expected there to be way too much slow-mo and over use of panning shots, like just about every mtb flick on the market. MTB needs some frickin originality and stop copying other formulas that were beaten to death years ago.

Look at those short Kenny Smith clips posted a while back. More of that: simplicity, real sounds, less art school drop out, normal speed, fast pace - exactly what makes the sport so rad.

There are way too many dorks in mtb. Learn to laugh at yourselves people, stop taking your sport so seriously.

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:40 a.m.

Learn to laugh at yourselves people, stop taking your sport so seriously.

you do realize that you are seriously debating the state of mountain biking movies on an internet forum

Nov. 23, 2010, 11:55 a.m.

and so are you so what's your point exactly?

Nov. 23, 2010, 1:06 p.m.

You sensitive guys can't handle differing opinions.

You guys aren't giving SIMPLE opinions though. You're criticising BASED on your own opinions. There is a difference and that's what annoys people and starts these arguements. Just give your SIMPLE and UNCONVOLUTED opinion and end it. Don't go on to say what is wrong with the movie and what should be changed to make it "better."

The movie is exactly what it was intended to be. I don't think anyone has been surprised by the end product. I loved it, that's my opinion and let's get back to the real issue.

Ty from pinkbike said it's shipped and should be at our doors by Friday!!!:fruit:

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Nov. 23, 2010, 1:39 p.m.

You guys aren't giving opinions though. You're criticising BASED on your own opinions.

Nov. 23, 2010, 1:43 p.m.

You guys aren't giving opinions though. You're criticising BASED on your own opinions. There is a difference and that's what annoys people and starts these arguements. Just give your opinion and end it. Don't go on to say what is wrong with the movie and what should be changed to make it "better."

:lol:

durrrrrrrrr………………

Everything said here is opinion.

Nov. 23, 2010, 1:52 p.m.

what's your point exactly?

its ironic that you are seriously scorning the seriousness of mountain bikers and their serious movies in the serious place that is nsmb

Nov. 23, 2010, 1:53 p.m.

Haha I guess I didn't make a lot of sense. They are opinions yes but you go on and on and on and on and on about how the movie is this and that and you seem really negative and act like you're experts and know what everyone wants in a MTB movie. You accuse us of being sensitive but really you're acting just as defensive. Nobody really cares either way. You either liked it or you didn't. That's what I meant.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Nov. 23, 2010, 1:56 p.m.

Haven't seen the film yet but i find that segment refreshing. The head on shot in slo mo through the …feathers? Looked pretty cool. Nice to see some different views.

Nov. 23, 2010, 2:06 p.m.

I expected there to be way too much slow-mo and over use of panning shots, like just about every mtb flick on the market. MTB needs some frickin originality and stop copying other formulas that were beaten to death years ago.

Look at those short Kenny Smith clips posted a while back. More of that: simplicity, real sounds, less art school drop out, normal speed, fast pace - exactly what makes the sport so rad.

There are way too many dorks in mtb. Learn to laugh at yourselves people, stop taking your sport so seriously.

seriously! this is the first mtb movie to go all out to be artsy, so in some respect they are doing something different. I haven't seen it so maybe they took it too far but i like the vanderham seggy. I like the kenny smith clips too, there is plenty of non artsy stuff out there, NSX series for example.

Nov. 23, 2010, 2:56 p.m.

its ironic that you are seriously scorning the seriousness of mountain bikers and their serious movies in the serious place that is nsmb

How's this?