feel good dirt jump story. long and boring.

May 8, 2005, 1:01 a.m.

So Friday night comes rolling along, and my buddy Aaron is back in town so its time to bike. First we grabbed some shovels and rebuilt a hip at the local abandoned high school. Pretty fun session, and a group of groms show up to stand around and swat flys while alternately complaining about their drivetrains and scamming me for a job at the shop. So we cram them into Aarons van like mexicans (no offense to any real - life mexicans) and head off to the place where for the last 2-3 years, there has been 1 half-assed dirtjump and the beginning of a dirtpile for a second hit. A bitchin sweet pile of nice soft dirt has been dumped by the city in the path where we are planning to dig.
2 hours and a frenzy of shovelling and wheelbarrowing steez later, we have the makings of a pretty sweet second jump. It's dark, everyones hungry, and I'm drunk off my ass because the beer store was closer than the water store. Enough for today.

Saturday morning, up at the crack of noon and I drive down to meet up with the boys again. Fewer mexicans today, but still a solid group.

5 minutes into shovelling, a m-f'in caterpillar 980 comes burning into the lot. Show's over we all figure, the city has come to shut us down and squish our puny efforts from last night. Faces are falling, shovels dropped in disgust.

cat operator, and I quote "can I play too?"

It's on folks…

Aaron directing traffic:

Thumbs up while grabbing his nuts to impress upon the cat driver just how awesome he totally is:

Drop-in's comments on rupert kids being hair farmers….still true:

Willy on the first hit.

Aaron on his approach.

Aaron leaking protein. Stylin shorts, the latest from Mace bicycle clothing.

The landing of the second hit ended up being a bit long, a couple complete nose cases later we decided to move it in a foot or two…

anyway. no pictures after we started hitting it because, we were hitting it. thats my super long dirt jump story from this weekend.

son of a stromatolite !

May 8, 2005, 1:15 a.m.

looks like a wicked time! did the caterpillar driver work for the city, or what? either way, he was a wicked guy to do something like that for you guys!

:thepimp:

send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School…and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.

EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!

May 8, 2005, 2:12 a.m.

that is such a good story. Not boring at all. Its aesome that you guys gotta build some dirt jumps. props to the cat driver too for helping you guys out. He is a super cool guy.

peace

BATTLECAT

May 8, 2005, 3:05 a.m.

Jeez. What a cool story. That should happen more often.

I'm not only president of Head Clubbing for Men, I'm also a client.

May 8, 2005, 9:49 a.m.

i wish a huge excavator showed up in my town to build jumps

www.thecoastalcrew.com

May 8, 2005, 11:15 a.m.

the cat driver was working for an aggregate company across the street, they had broken something in their production line so they had a break in work.

I also forgot to mention and thank the garden centre that was loaning us a rake and shovel, and the seaplane company that was loaning us shovels.

People are pretty cool hey?

son of a stromatolite !

May 8, 2005, 11:59 a.m.

Sweet, i like the mullet.

SONY DIGITAL HANDYCAM FOR SALE!

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?p=1289284#post1289284

May 8, 2005, 12:40 p.m.

thats awesome. sound like you've got some good support from the locals.

May 8, 2005, 1:39 p.m.

High Five!

Is it the parent's fault when their children turn out chauchy?

May 8, 2005, 1:43 p.m.

damn dude, that is sweet, i wish cat drivers were around in every city

Kyle,

"Jesus Christ, This should be an event motherfcker, Chinese downhill fcking slalom" - DO'D on the Crankworx berm busting session on the slalom course

May 8, 2005, 4:15 p.m.

ahh me and trials guy greg went down there today around lunch, awesome job man!

http://www.finalgear.com

May 8, 2005, 6:08 p.m.

haha man that has to be the best story ever! looks like fun

T1
mr. sieben!!

May 8, 2005, 8:16 p.m.

That is so awesome. Aaron's shorts are even more awesome.

www.gnarwhale.com