Where do you work?

March 20, 2006, 7:36 p.m.

I work at SkyWest Airlines, ground maintenence tech. In Denver 3am to 1pm! FUCK

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

March 20, 2006, 7:48 p.m.

I work for a grain exporting company, stuck in head office tho in treasury dept.

on average, how long would people be expected to stay stuck in an office job for? i pity every person [HTML_REMOVED] 40 here. I'm 19, been here a year and it's death. absolute dreariness.

as well i study finance p/t at uni so get a few hrs out of the office every so often which almost keeps me sane.

any pointers to get people through boring days? i spend about 5-6hrs/day (7.5 hr work days mon-fri) surfing the internets, so there's one way to alleviate some boredom. not meaning to hijack this thread with that question, but if anyone else's been stuck in an office and knows how to enjoy it i'd be glad to hear it.
oh and pls no ppl saying how lucky i am to be having so much free time, it's getting harder and harder to look like i'm actually busy every time the boss turns round to check i'm doing something when there is NOTHING to do. except brown-nosing of course, but hey i choose not to stoop to that whenever possible.

oh and i haven't ridden in about 1.5 months. watch office space / the it crowd to get an idea of my life. except i have nobody fun to actually stuff round with. damn boring old fogey farts bossing round everyone they can pretty much is all there is here.

makes me wonder also why bother finishing my degree when i'm already working pretty much in the field that i'd end up in when i graduate.

good pay's pretty much the only reason to wake up in the morning and get here.

apologies for the crawling in my skin with my unhealing wounds.

any chance you work for cbh???

is there even a cbh in south australia??? i do the whole RPO thing on the bins in summer its good fun.

or do you work for the AWB :lol: :D

March 20, 2006, 9:26 p.m.

i cook up this mountain
gets me money for bikes and a free pass for snowboarding

March 20, 2006, 11:12 p.m.

I work as a Tech Support Rep for Shaw Cable in Nanaimo. It pays FAR better than my previous job, so now I can actually afford to fix something on my bike if I break it, and I will be a little more likely to push myself on the trails.

I like computers, so it's a good job for me.

March 21, 2006, 3:44 a.m.

I work as a Tech Support Rep for Shaw Cable in Nanaimo. It pays FAR better than my previous job, so now I can actually afford to fix something on my bike if I break it, and I will be a little more likely to push myself on the trails.

I like computers, so it's a good job for me.

Oh god I do tech support for an American ISP. Worst job EVAR!

Your sig is SOO SICK BRO! Man look at all that crazy shit!!!! BLOOD!!

March 21, 2006, 8:55 a.m.

I work at greyhound, 20 hours a week, union pay:D

Clunking is for retards.

March 21, 2006, 12:47 p.m.

Oh god I do tech support for an American ISP. Worst job EVAR!

I do tech support from home, so don't much care what they pay me, although the pay is better than most tech support positions to boot. that plus no driving or dress code to speak of, and my complaints are minimal. Plus working from home I'm free to do extra work of any kind on the side when it's slow, as long as it's not in direct competition with the company.

We might be doing a contract for an american ISP soon, friggin dial up service too.

March 21, 2006, 12:59 p.m.

I work at london drugs dsc. 600 hours away from getting 18 an hour :D

March 21, 2006, 3:28 p.m.

i sell my body on the street corner.
50 bucks a night.
any takers?

emo kids sell themselves?

Trin, rip 27/11/05

Reading comprehension > you.

March 21, 2006, 4:29 p.m.

nobody loves them anyways and they gotta find a way to pay for all those raxors

Funn stem and bar - 20 bucks

March 21, 2006, 4:54 p.m.

Work @ a pub, and full time student

March 21, 2006, 4:58 p.m.

I do tech support from home, so don't much care what they pay me, although the pay is better than most tech support positions to boot. that plus no driving or dress code to speak of, and my complaints are minimal. Plus working from home I'm free to do extra work of any kind on the side when it's slow, as long as it's not in direct competition with the company.

We might be doing a contract for an american ISP soon, friggin dial up service too.

really what IT position has a dress code ? I wear what ever I want when ever I want. I once wore a life jacket for the entire day, just for the fun of it.

March 21, 2006, 5 p.m.

O i might get a job at Safeway or Earl's…

~To Master The Art Of Flying Is To Throw Yourself At The Ground And Miss~
[email protected]

PSP FOR SALE

March 21, 2006, 5:06 p.m.

really what IT position has a dress code ? I wear what ever I want when ever I want. I once wore a life jacket for the entire day, just for the fun of it.

True, but I don't have to even put on socks before I start work. Heck I could just wander around in the buff, though the neighbours might complain (ok, they'd definitely complain :eek: )

Working from home is also nice for eating - dont have to pack a lunch or pay to go out for lunch, just eat what ever is in my fridge when ever I want to.

Office politics - unless the dog starts something or my reflection in the mirror gets uppity, I'm pretty safe.

March 21, 2006, 5:16 p.m.

really what IT position has a dress code ?

Consultant.