VW Jetta, any problems about them?

Aug. 26, 2005, 10:21 a.m.

Jeez if you want a good car get a VW if you want a ricer get a SOON…

-m

Aug. 26, 2005, 10:24 a.m.

get a rolls royce, ive seen a few for under 15k. everyone balls and wins.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Aug. 26, 2005, 11:29 a.m.

What year what motor… For all you honda guy's…your all just jealous cause your cars are GUTLESS… haha, VW also handle better than honda's…

Problems: it's all electrical, these will be the most common problem, but for the most part, it's just annoying little things here and there…if were talking MK4, then there's not really any consistant problems, and the new MK4's are possibly THE nicest car at their price range…go drive a civic just so you can see how cheap they feel and how crappy they handle/accelerate… the 1.8L 8v will run forever, the 2.0L is slower, but still not civic slow, and they go real well in the snow…

Honda's are ment for tiny people with apparently no muscle tone, every control feel's like it's weighted/designed for a todler…that and they're cramped… But, I'll give honda this, they make a nice smooth engine, and they get good milage…now if little crap weasels would stop trying to make them race cars :rolleyes:

:scotland:

:trinity: RIP Charles Edward DelaForest…

Born: September 1978 - Murdered May 2005

Gone but not forgotten, I miss you brother. :trinity:

Aug. 26, 2005, 11:31 a.m.

Yea the 1 im getting is a 94, 4 door, 4 cyl. professionally lowered, 17" wheels, panas. deck, 10" pioneer sub, 1200wat Xplod amp, new clutch, new tranny, new front brakes, new alarm, new tint, runs great, but i think the rear bearings have to be changed i hear some noise when we test drove it. The springs felt a little soft. and hes saying about 5900 is the lowest he would take, which is quite a bit of money, but for what hes done to it, i dont think hes losing to much.

Ditch the 17's unless you just plan on cruising…big wheels are the achillies heel of VW tranny's… that and they slow you down anywhere but on the freeway…

Here's my sweetheart MK2 "Gretta the Jetta" …too bad I'm selling her for my 4Runner, I'm gonna mis her…she's really fast and fun to drive

:scotland:

:trinity: RIP Charles Edward DelaForest…

Born: September 1978 - Murdered May 2005

Gone but not forgotten, I miss you brother. :trinity:

Aug. 26, 2005, 6:28 p.m.

yea true, my uncles a cop, and his friend is selling his 96 golf for 5500 to me, its mint, w/ a roof rack for bikes, not lowered, with a stereo, might go for that cause i know it hasnt been driven hard, and it only has 125 clicks on it. Anyone know about anything wrong with a 96 golf hah:D

Money Bags

Aug. 26, 2005, 6:45 p.m.

The MK2's ARE GUTLESS my 8v 1.8l would loose to my 88 caravan easily. The 16v is a little better, but its not until 1.8t and vr6 swaps where they become somewhat quick. Hondas are probally better built overall and the VW's could be a bit more fun to drive. But, keep in mind that neither is all that fast.

Aug. 26, 2005, 7:06 p.m.

i got a 89 jetta i think … its solid. its not really fast but if you goose it, it goes. its reasonably comfortable. its dirt cheap to fix, cheaper than my ford pickup was. its good on gas, works well for roadtrips.

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

Aug. 26, 2005, 7:18 p.m.

pfft speed, meh, not gunna be racing it, just cruisin around to where i wanna go, some speeding cause speed limits are lame-o low, anyways, if u got anything else to say im gunna keep the thread up till i buy somethin

Money Bags