saturday mass debate

Sept. 16, 2006, 3:47 p.m.

with both iraq and afganistan, people always say (perhaps correctly so) that "we can't leave now it will create a power vacum"

i think this makes things too easy on the politians to make bad decisions. bush can now say to anyone who is against the iraq war "do you want to leave those poor iraqis to fend for them selves"? and not deal with the flawed,made up reasons and lies for war.

so here is a rule i propose for the states (canada should follow suit) if the war a president (or prime minister) started is admited to be or deemed to be (not sure the details of how this would be decided) wrong, unjust or started under false facts the leader MUST step down and an election be called

how come bush can basically admit the war was started with lies and false info and not be held accountable? how come anyone wanting to talk about the STARTING of the war must have to deal with the logistics of withdrawing troops?

turn off sigs…it will change your life

Sept. 16, 2006, 4:58 p.m.

Sucks when no one replies.

www.stuartkennedy.ca
www.gnarwhale.com

Sept. 16, 2006, 7:47 p.m.

so here is a rule i propose for the states (canada should follow suit) if the war a president (or prime minister) started is admited to be or deemed to be (not sure the details of how this would be decided) wrong, unjust or started under false facts the leader MUST step down and an election be called

The only problem with that is the new president (who undoubtedly would be someone who represents a more anti-war contingent) would be left with the previous president's mess to clean up.

here have some dog shit, please make some vanilla pudding with it….

I predict the next election here in the states will be one by another republican using the war as a tool.

They will run an win with the following platform:
1. An exit strategy (which will never come to fruition)
2. Anti gay marriage
3. Lower taxes

Dems will come out with:
1. Fence sitting on every issue like always
2. Not willing to fight dirty in campaign mudslinging

Iraq can't be undone in this term or the next. The next president is screwed.

Originally posted by switch
"nobody will never need more then 4 inches of travel"

Sept. 17, 2006, 3:24 a.m.

They will run an win with the following platform:
1. An exit strategy (which will never come to fruition)

Nixon pulled the troops out of Vietnam, so it is possible.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 17, 2006, 4:12 a.m.

Nixon pulled the troops out of Vietnam, so it is possible.

He's also 'not a crook'.

What if the just the same cyclical scene with different actors.

Meanwhile, Nixon can be quoted stating " A public man must never forget that he loses his usefulness when he as an individual, rather than his policy, becomes the issue."

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Sept. 17, 2006, 9:29 a.m.

Not much of a debate when you're simply right, is there…

Although I'd go further, and allow such actions to be included in matters investigated by the ICC. Just losing your job isn't good enough when thousands of innocent people die. It would be nice to see american presidents (and other world leaders for that matter) truly concerned about being held accountable by a higher authority in this life.

Sept. 17, 2006, 3:03 p.m.

Not much of a debate when you're simply right, is there…

Although I'd go further, and allow such actions to be included in matters investigated by the ICC. Just losing your job isn't good enough when thousands of innocent people die. It would be nice to see american presidents (and other world leaders for that matter) truly concerned about being held accountable by a higher authority in this life.

Concerned by a higher authority that he said doesnt apply to American Soldiers… so he's obviously invincible.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Sept. 17, 2006, 3:45 p.m.

superpowers arent held accountable. especially when theres only one. what are you gonna do, arrest the president of the united states hahah, funny concept. it kinda sucks, but hey thats the way the world works, always has. always will.

Sept. 17, 2006, 3:52 p.m.

superpowers arent held accountable. especially when theres only one. what are you gonna do, arrest the president of the united states hahah, funny concept. it kinda sucks, but hey thats the way the world works, always has. always will.

Yet somehow they impeached a guy just for getting a blowjob. :???: Why the fuck did anyone even care?

Just goes to show there are people more powerful than the president and if he has THEIR support he can do whatever he wants.

www.natooke.com

Sept. 17, 2006, 4:49 p.m.

Yet somehow they impeached a guy just for getting a blowjob. :???: Why the fuck did anyone even care?

Just goes to show there are people more powerful than the president and if he has THEIR support he can do whatever he wants.

um, well im actually talking about international law. since thats what the tread is about. and i may be wrong, but bill wasnt actually impeached was he? since it was so close to the end of his term?