Same sex books

Dec. 20, 2002, 8:47 p.m.

Originally posted by Loopie
Just because something has been accepted and even somewhat viewed as "ok" by most of society…..doesn't make it normal.

Just because something has been feared, shunned, and misunderstood by society doesn't make it 'abnormal' either.

the teh

Dec. 20, 2002, 9:01 p.m.

I think if they learn about heterosexuality in sex-ed, they should learn about homosexuality too. We're hear to teach the kids, let them learn, not close off any other of their options.
They do teach religion in schools; Socials 8. They teach you about a buncha different religions, so I'm cool with it. If they just taught you one religion, I'd be opposed. They teach you about heterosexuality, why not homosexuality?

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Dec. 20, 2002, 9:07 p.m.

People need to realize that there's a difference between teaching about things like religion and homosexuality to inform and enlighten, and teaching about things like homosexuality and religion with intent to modify behaviors.

the teh

Dec. 20, 2002, 11:12 p.m.

From the little bit I could find out online about these books, I believe that these books have less to do with sexuality and more about the family unit and teaching tolerance of those who are in situations different that yourself. SO is it OK that we continue to teach kids it is not "normal" to have two dads? That should work out good for the kids :rolleyes: . Is that not what this is really about? Are you afraid that your kids are going to home from school one day and say "I want two dads! or I want two moms!". Don't worry the school won't brainwash your kids. They will come home and ask about it, at which piont you can sit them down and say "well johnny has two dads because they are faggots and that is not OK in this house".

But if they make it in……whats next? Books depicting transexuals? Crossdressers? or any/all other forms of sexual "lifestyle"/fetishes.

Sounds a lot like what was said about teaching that them "colored folk" are equal to us.

What about broken homes? Do we teach the kids that it is not "normal" to have only a mom or dad? Or a Black dad/white mom? Or any other "abnormal" living arrangement for that matter. Keep in mind that the examples I just cited were all at one time or another considered "abnormal".

Originally posted by switch
"nobody will never need more then 4 inches of travel"

Dec. 21, 2002, 12:27 a.m.

Originally posted by manalogue
**Education is the only tool that will fight ignorance. With that in mind, the schools that your children go to are teaching more than math, science, language arts, etc. Hopefully, they are learning open mindedness, tolerance and even caring for other beliefs, values and cultures that are different from their own. If you fail to see that the books that present a homosexual lifestyle in your child's school is one way of teaching acceptance of people who have a different sexual preference than yourself, is the same as
unaccepting those with a different skin colour.

It is necessary to educate everyone that a homosexual lifestyle is comepletely normal. It must be understood that sexual preference is not a lifestyle choice. People are born with it the same as their skin or hair colour. By completely censoring the idea that homosexuals exist, and preventing your children from learning about a different lifestyle, you teach them that intolerance and hate is fine.

This is not an issue about political correctness. This is an issue about acceptance of something that is currently taboo, even though it is completely normal. It is estimated that one out of every ten people is homosexual. It is impossible to ignore one tenth of the human population. Again, please realize that homosexuality is nothing that can unlearned.

Please open your eyes. **

sorry dude, its not natural, its a decision. how many gay and lesbian animals have you seen out there? none, because they cant choose!!

:fruit: Trevor you nomb

Dec. 21, 2002, 12:47 a.m.

Originally posted by big_stiffee
sorry dude, its not natural, its a decision. how many gay and lesbian animals have you seen out there? none, because they cant choose!!

hahahahaha! talk to a biologist! there are many, many gay and lesbian animals. ever heard of a bonobo?
i am sorry, dude. you dont know.
i agree with the comment back there about it being sex-ed; it totally need to be covered in that class. but, with all the predjudice towards the gay lifestyle in todays society, there needs to be some sort of dialouge early on before, when covering societal issues:

little johnny: "you're gay!"
teacher: "now, dont say this johnny"
lj:" why not?"
t: "cause it is not nice"
lj: "why is being gay bad?"
t: "well, it's not"
lj: "but i thought you said…?"
t: "shutup, you little **…"

intelligent designer jeans
cornichons > dills

Dec. 21, 2002, 12:50 a.m.

Um about teaching kids about Gays and lesbians in sex ed that just doesn't seem like a good i dea if you see what i mean, "when a man and a woman are in love…..".
I think we need to give the damn kids some credit. Little kids are a lot smarter and more observant than you might think, i don't think they need to be taught about homosexuals, and i don't think they need to be sheltered they just need to learn some math and some english and get some social skills, kids will learn what they need to and if they decide to be intolerante we all need to be just as accepting of that as we are with gays and lesbians, either way it's a choice. But why exactly are we talking about this on NSMB. Come on people lets just lighten up relax and go riding.:thepimp:

http://etrata.home.attbi.com/flash/banana.swf

Dec. 21, 2002, 12:57 a.m.

Originally posted by big_stiffee

Are you for real???

This thread scares the shit out of me! Do you [edit] guys [/edit] realize that you are only one small step up from the scary attitudes of trail nazis and cross burners?

Dec. 21, 2002, 12:58 a.m.

It's ok he isn't bad it just comes out sounding that way when he talks about gay people and his dad:cool:

http://etrata.home.attbi.com/flash/banana.swf

Dec. 21, 2002, 1:43 a.m.

Originally posted by WIND
Um about teaching kids about Gays and lesbians in sex ed that just doesn't seem like a good i dea if you see what i mean, "when a man and a woman are in love…..".
I think we need to give the damn kids some credit. Little kids are a lot smarter and more observant than you might think, i don't think they need to be taught about homosexuals, and i don't think they need to be sheltered they just need to learn some math and some english and get some social skills, kids will learn what they need to and if they decide to be intolerante we all need to be just as accepting of that as we are with gays and lesbians, either way it's a choice. But why exactly are we talking about this on NSMB. Come on people lets just lighten up relax and go riding.:thepimp:

THANK YOU!:) Shit……I've been trying all day to basically say the same thing….but couldn't get it down without coming across WAY wrong.

LOL…..I tryed to say some more again…typed out ANOTHER whole pg.
But I better just leave it alone:P

Dec. 21, 2002, 7:13 a.m.

Originally posted by NOM4D
hahahahaha! talk to a biologist! there are many, many gay and lesbian animals.

yes exactly. all dogs are gay and we love them.

Dec. 21, 2002, 9:55 a.m.

Originally posted by WIND

I think we need to give the damn kids some credit. Little kids are a lot smarter and more observant than you might think, i don't think they need to be taught about homosexuals, and i don't think they need to be sheltered they just need to learn some math and some english and get some
social skills, kids will learn what they need to and if they decide to be intolerante we all need to be just as accepting of that as we are with gays and lesbians, either way it's a choice. But why exactly are we talking about this on NSMB. Come on people lets just lighten up relax and go riding.:thepimp:

This is about social skills. This is not about teaching homosexuality is schools. It is about teaching that one of your classmates should not be shunned because his family unit is different than yours. The fact is that the rights of gays and lesbians are constitutionally protected in Canada, therefore tha government has recognized them as people and will not discriminate against them. When a public (funded by the government) institution wants to discriminate, that's when a problem arises. I think if people want to instill values and morals that are different the rest of their society (Canada's goverment is democratically elected, therefore supposed to be a representation of it's polpulace), they should have that right. That is why we have private schools and home schooling.

As for accepting other peoples intolerance. I do so on a daily basis. I am a VERY liberal person with extremely left wing opinions but I do not harbor any ill feelings toward those who see things different than me. For example, Loopie and I have very different opinions on this touchy social issue, but I when I go to Kamloops this summer I will for sure be shooting him a PM to hook up for a ride (that is of course provided he is not still pissed at me). We share a passion for riding bikes. That is the reason WE are discussing it in the NBR forum on a bike site. Notice how I have not resorted to name calling.

And finally on the issue of choice. HAHAHAHAHA that one always cracks me up. If we are all naturally heterosexual, and heterosexuals are only attracted to the opposite sex, how is it that homosexuals come to enjoy sex with members of the same sex? Oh and for the record - being gay is not only about the sex. Lots of people have same sex partners without ever even acknowledging they are gay, Catholic preists have been doing it for years. I am assuming that you find this idea repulsive, much the same way that someone who is attracted to those of the same sex would find the idea have sex with someone of the opposite sex repulsive. I don't see where the choice comes in? You either are attracted to the same sex or you are not.

Dec. 21, 2002, 11:22 a.m.

i cant stand that crap. what ever happened to "dont ask, dont tell?" i feel the same way. if sexuality can be discusse and taught in school, why cant i learn about my own religion? "well, sexuality is a part of lfe"i am told. wel lguess what, to some people religion is too. if religion does not help learn bout nouns or world war II, how the hell is a drag queen gunna help me learn about triangles or the periodic table of the elements? dont get me wrong, i dont have anything against them or their beliefs, but keep it to yourself, dont bring it into my life!
they want to get attention and promote their beliefs but once they get negative feedback or someone aying they disagree, all hell brakes loose. we are being prejudie or some BS. if you are looking to get attention, be prepared to hear people's oppinions, good or bad.

Dec. 21, 2002, 1:12 p.m.

Originally posted by burtonboards32
i cant stand that crap. what ever happened to "dont ask, dont tell?" i feel the same way. if sexuality can be discusse and taught in school, why cant i learn about my own religion? "well, sexuality is a part of lfe"i am told. wel lguess what, to some people religion is too. if religion does not help learn bout nouns or world war II, how the hell is a drag queen gunna help me learn about triangles or the periodic table of the elements? dont get me wrong, i dont have anything against them or their beliefs, but keep it to yourself, dont bring it into my life!

There is a big difference between learning about religion in school and preaching your religion in school. If the only thing we expect our kids to take away from school is the understanding of the periodic table, English, and history then why all the sports programs and other extracurricular activities? Guess we should wrap those up too and stick to the facts. Kids learn a lot of important social lessons in school that are not part of the curriculum.

As a side note, my attitudes toward people who were different than me were very similar to yours when I was 18. I am not faulting you for your opinion, just disagreeing with it.

I am going to qoute myself in case you missed it on the first page:

Originally posted by brock
Don't confuse not teaching religion in schools with not allowing prayer in schools. When I was in highschool we had a required course on religion. It covered every major religion. It did not teach that one is right or wrong. I have no problem with that, just like I have no problem with teaching that there are homosexuals in this world.

Dec. 21, 2002, 5:46 p.m.

Yup, To sum it up; Teach, not Preach.

I think they should have a religion course in school; if you're taught about other religions, it makes you more accepting. Same deal should go down with transgenders, homosexuals, cross dressers, and all. Why not?

Something like they have sex ed now; you can request that your child doesn't take it if you don't want them to.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.